How long do you guys keep your "small" electronics? I keep my phones for about 2 years and now that I think about it, its scandalous, so many unnecessary resources will be wasted recycling it and also a lot of money was spent for now that I think about it nothing special.

Also, I was thinking about getting a new iPod for this Christmas, but decided not to. My 3 year old Classic works great and that money would be better spent buying something special for my parents births-days (2 weeks before Christmas, few days apart) and taking them out to dinner or something.

What I'm trying to say is that, I think we could and we can solve a lot of out eco problems and still lead rich lives by just making a few smart choices, which I think are very small and insignificant. Keep your power heater on eco setting, change your light-bulbs to energy efficient ones, keep your small electronics longer, etc. Added benefit is that, we will not be victims of stupid consumerism, but participants in smart consumerism which I think is a good thing.

I have a few years old mobile phone, its SE K750i, its still in good condition, but it collects dust. I decided to give it away, will buy a new SIM card, give it 20 euros credit, put it in a nice new box and take it to an orphanage, I'm sure there is a deserving kid there who would use a boost and a nice day.

What do you guys do to be more green ?