Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Default Music Quiz

Found this and thought it would be fun. Copy and paste with your own answers

I like things like this because they make you think and reminisce. K....

1. A song from the year you graduated high school That's a tough one, cos I can think of so many. I guess the one that really sticks out from 1997 was 'Candle in the Wind' by Elton John.

2.A song that reminds you of your first relationship That's a tough one. I'm gonna go with 'My Favourite Game' by the Cardigans. I listened to that over and over again as I pined away...Another one that deserves special mention is 'You'll See', the most underrated song ever released by Madonna and one of the most poignant.

3. A song that lasts one minute or less First one that comes to mind is 'Third of Its Kind' from Enigma's greatest album 'Le Roi Est Mort, VIVE Le Roi!" It lasts an epic 19 seconds - yet iTunes will still charge you a full 79p for it!

4. A b-side or non-album track I'm scrolling through iTunes and the first one I've found is 'Random Blinking Light' by Darren Hayes. Love that one, especially after seeing him perform it live last year.

5. The best song from a favorite band’s worst album TOUGH one...My favourite bands don't release bad albums! I really can't answer that one just now, may have to come back to it.

6. A live version of a song you think is better than the “original” studio track 'Fear' by Sarah McLachlan. I rediscovered that gem just recently. The album version is great, but it's more muted than the powerful live performance she did of it in her Mirrorball tour - which gives me goosebumps. Quite a few of Sarah's live versions are superior to the album versions; they seem to have greater energy and passion when sung live.

7. A favorite song from a genre or style you usually don’t like OK, I normally hate rap and hip hop, but 'Beat Goes On' from Madonna's last album kind of rocks and ought to have been released as a single. I can even overlook the obnoxious Kanye West rap. It's just cool.

8. A song from a place where English is not the primary language or a song in a language you don’t speak Just been listening to 'Deep Forest' by Deep Forest, which mixed pygmy tribal chants with 90s dance beats. Its still kinda cool. I'll go with 'Sweet Lullaby'.

9. A song with “sun” in the title / a song that makes you think of summer 'Low Sun' by Chicane

10. An old song that you only heard for the first time this year 'Cloudbusting' by Kate Bush

11. A song from the last CD you bought 'Sunshine in Rain' by Balligomingo from their new album Under An Endless Sky. Very upbeat, catchy song.

12. A song whose title is a question 'Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad?' by Moby

13. A cover you like more than the original I loved Sandra's cover of 'Such a Shame' and prefer it to the original.

14. If your life was a TV show, this song would be the theme song Oh Lord I have no idea. Probably something obscure and beautiful and different; like 'Beyond the Invisible' by Enigma. Yeah, I could settle for that one, sums me and "my life" pretty well.

15. A sexy song Sticking with the Enigma theme; 'Principles of Lust' (Everlasting Lust Mix). It's scorching hot.

16. A song without words I have so, so many to choose from. I'm gonna just pick one: 'La Petite Fille de la Mer' by Vangelis. So so beautiful.

17. A song where the artist has your name or your name is in the title Ha. If you know of an artist called Rory or a song with Rory in the title, let me know pronto!

18. A song by the first or most recent artist you paid to see in concert 'Like A Prayer' by Madonna. Went to see her last year and, wow!

19. A song that makes you cry I've thought of one: during a very low time in my life I heard 'You Can Still Be Free' by Savage Garden and I listened to it over and over again, crying bucketloads. Go find it on youtube now, it's so beautiful, heartbreaking yet filled with hope. It was an anthem & it helped me turn my life around.

20. A 7th song from a CD you like The album I've been most obsessed with this year has been 'Two Suns' by Bat For Lashes, I've been thoroughly addicted. The seventh track is the fantastico 'Pearl's Dream'.
      Well, I never thought I'd get through that list, but I did. Your turn!
      Last edited by BlueStar; August 4th, 2009 at 03:53 PM.
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”
      "The most beautiful and thought-provoking book I have ever read."