Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Default MW Book Club!!

I was going to put this Book on ebay put thought it would be better appreciated by the people on this site. I have read it and a few more of his books and they are very good.

Introduction to Buddhism: An Explanation of the Buddhist Way of Life

by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso

Anyone wishes to know what the practice in Buddhism is really about, should read this book. Geshe Kelsang Gyatso, is a fully ordained Buddhist monk and teacher from Tibet. I believe he has written about 19 books from the introduction, to actual practices from the Sutra to the Tantra. This is not some MGM or Tourist version, but the real thing. The text is clear with great examples and the constant message is to practice gaining a happy and content mind for oneself as others. It also provides the same teaching as the Buddhist monks in Tibet receive over many years and Geshe Kelsang has managed to present an introduction to these teachings in a language that we can understand, without having a degree in philosophy.

If you really want a realistic introduction to Buddhism than this book is a must read.

If anybody wants it let me know

All you pay is minimum postage and packing charges (by Paypal prefrably) to wherever you are in the world.
      Last edited by Kiran; March 27th, 2009 at 07:46 PM.