I thought it would be a nice idea to create a thread in which we can post our story on how we got in touch with Enigma for the first time. So let me kick off:

It was back in 1990 when i had my first girlfriend and we were watching TV at her parents home. I believe Top of the Pops that came on and showed the video Sadeness from Enigma as newcomer of the week. At first we found it a bit strange, Gregorian chants as intro and had to laugh, then the beats kicked en and we got to hear the famous flute.

Some weeks passed by and somehow Enigma had touched me ever since that video we've been watching. I listened to the radio a lot where it was played often and saw the single climb in the charts. So i went of to the store, bought me the vinyl single, went home and had a closer listen to it with my headphones on.
EnigmaSadeness.jpg

When my girlfriend came to visit me i played the single. Again she had to laugh about it but the funny thing was that she bought the whole album herself shortly after it was released. I didn't know about the album MCMXC a.D. release at all so i was very surprised when she played it for me and recorded it on tape so i could listen to it on my walkman. We both, especially me, were hooked on it from then on. Later i bought the MCMXC a.D. Limited Edition myself which has this awesome hologram on it. I never got hold on the original first release though.

MCMXC_aD_Enigma_cover.jpg

A few years later, when i started to moved to my own flat/apartment, we went shopping for furniture and took a break at a music shop. She went on and took a cd she wanted to listen to. After a few minutes she asked me to come and have a listen too. The sounds i heard were amazing and i asked her what kind of artist that was. She showed me the cd cover and i couldn't believe it... it said: Enigma 2 - The Cross of Changes.
I grabbed my wallet immediately and bought the cd.

Enigma_The_Cross_of_Changes.jpg

From that time on i knew i was a full time Enigma fan and always will be, keeping a close eye on new releases.

Now i'm curious about your stories. Feel free to share them.