One of the most exiting developments of the internet is the ability to explore the world whilst enjoying a drink and a sandwich in the comfort of our own homes.

How about a thread where we explore the world together using google earth, google maps or any of the other mapping software available.

Pick a place or a landmark in the worldand we can explore it together, give our opinions, say weather we like it and would like to visit it, what you find special or unique about it or give us a brief on its history and culture.

Google Earth has a huge community that shares .kmz files created by people that load up various places of interests (such as religious places, sports arenas, ancient ruins even UFO sites and the moon. You can even go and see what places looked like in a bygone age.

Google street view is amazing, You can walk up and down streets you would never visit in your lifetime and once they finish mapping the world it will be even better. I am just learning about the software and various places you can go and see, and the more I learn the more I will share.

So what do you think, Do you want to don your backpack and go on a tour round the world with me

Were shall we start.......