• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Black Ether - The Obsidian March - Free

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Black Ether - The Obsidian March - Free

Following up Tendrils of a Memory was no easy task, especially since I made a conscious decision to move towards a more progressive sound without losing the BE signature.

It took 3 years and a ton of writing and recording some 40+ songs, but I think Brian and I have made a followup we can be proud of. One that speaks to the full range of BE fans, from our long time progressive fans, to our worldbeat fans and finally the enigmatic crowd. Theres something for everyone in the 20 song compilation.

Some time ago, I made the decision that The Obsidian March would be a free album and Im sticking to that. Im still trying to work something out for an actual hard copy (CD), but in the meantime, Ive made all of the tracks available for download as 320 kbps mp3s, totally free to anyone who wants them.

If you want it, this is where you get it:

http://www.gimmesound.com/BlackEther/

is ~ Enigmatic Soul...

I am:
      Innocent

Thumbs up Great...

As a music artist - you have all my respect...!

The Album is Great.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Cool!! Thanks Jay. I will have to set some time aside to listen to it when I know my broadband is working sufficiently...look forward to it.

I'm wondering what the significance of "Jester" is? Sorry if you've explained elsewhere, I'm not the best at keeping up to date with threads of late. Just curious, as I see the first track is called "Return of the Jester King".
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”
      "The most beautiful and thought-provoking book I have ever read."

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to listen to it, sure it will be great!!!
      Nothing to say... silence is just beautiful

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Exposition View Post

I'm wondering what the significance of "Jester" is? Sorry if you've explained elsewhere, I'm not the best at keeping up to date with threads of late. Just curious, as I see the first track is called "Return of the Jester King".
      Not ever sure I ever told you guys about that. Ok, well back in 1982 I wrote and performed a halloween rock opera called American Gothic. It was essentailly the story of a court jester who falls madly in love with the queen of an evil king. He plots, then overthrows the King only to have the queen reject him. Even so, he was crowned the King, thus the Jester King.

Now that name Jester became so identified with me because of American gothic that it became my stage name while I was rocking as PVM (Pigs Vomit Masquerade later renamed to Positive Vision Movement). Anyway, when I started the Black ether project all these years later, people were still calling me Jester and I wanted to kill that image once and for all. Soooo, I wrote a collection of songs that were released on AcidPlanet that became known as The Trinity of One, which was a sequel to American Gothic, but in an enigmatic vibe. I killed off Jester in it and told everyone that I would not play that role any longer. As a side note, I used to sign off on AP as Jester - Black Ether. DJ Vas, a pretty well known greek DJ played off that and started to call me Jester Black and thats how THAT name came about.

Anyway, The Obsidian March marks a return to an updated and more modern version of the progressive format PVM as Positive Vision Movement (Pigs Vomit Masquerade was punk) was long known for and Return of the Jester King, which is VERY progressive, is a trumpet of that return to form.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Thanks for explaining Jay, I'm amazed at what an extensive and interesting musical career you've had! A halloween rock opera, totally love the sound of that. And the name Pigs Vomit Masquerade is awesome, in a kind of gross way! haha
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”

Administrator
      is testing new status and mods
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Talking

Very kind of you Jay!

Going to down load and add it to my Walkman.
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I was wondering if you'd considered putting your albums on Emusic, Jay? I was recommended it by my dad and got 50 free downloads, it's quite a good site, much better value than itunes (although it doesn't have as extensive a content as most of the major record labels arent yet included). It's a great site for people to discover artists they might not have otherwise checked out. There seems to be a big fanbase for artists like Delerium, Blue Stone, etc on it. Just a thought

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

cant do so directly. has to be through an aggregator like CD Baby and Amazon. I have the first 3 albums distributed by those aggregators and Im on almost every distribution outlet, but for some reason never got on Emusic even though their listed by both CD Baby and Amazon as partnered outlets.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Excellent album Jay, I love it!! Congratulations and thank you for the free download, it is much appreciated

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

for those who were interested but diodnt get around to it, this week is the last opportunity youll have for the freebie as Im turning distribution rights over to darkryders media as of next week along with all other BE projects. So if you want it...go get it now.