• Wtf
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pc/Console Games Thread

Forum Moderator
      is The Dark Knight

I am:
      Geeky

Default The Pc/Console Games Thread

The title, I think, speaks for itself. If you're into gaming, may it be Pc, XboX 360, PS 2, PS 3 or another gaming console and you have games that you would recommend or just love to bits and want to share it with us, please feel free to post it in here.

So lets get the ball rolling.......

I am one of those who loves to play games like Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia and sometimes The Lord of The Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II. So, most of the time games with ancient history, magic, mixed with action, mystical creatures and stuff like that.

I recently bought the trilogy pack of Prince of Persia for my PS 2 console for a cheap price and today I grabbed myself a copy of the "new" Prince of Persia for my XboX 360, also for a cheap price at our local toystore.

From what I've seen on the internet the new Prince of Persia looks amazing compared to the older series on the PS 2. So tonight I'll be starting to play it for the first time and I'm excited about it.

For those who have not seen the "new" or say 2008 one yet, take a look here:

http://prince-of-persia.uk.ubi.com/index.php?page=home

I hope it's okay to post the link to the official gamesite, if not just let me know.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I'm sure you'll love it! I had some problems in the beginning with the controls, felt like the game went a bit too slow but now it's def one of the best games for my 360.

You do know about E3 in LA at the moment right? If not, check www.gametrailers.com for a lot of new games to arrive this year or later. The Natal control for 360 looks amazing ... and yes, yes, yes, there is an Assassin's Creed 2 coming this fall. I so wish fall was now. ^_^
      I would really love to kiss you but I just ... shaved my hair.

Administrator
      is testing new status and mods
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Ah a good thread idea!

As for E3, it's a dream of mine to get to one of those.

Many good games over the last 12 months, if I had to pick one it would be the new Half Life episodes, (part of the Orange box collection, if your new to half life) I was hooked from the start.

Game I'm most looking forward too is Bioshock 2 ! loved the first one.
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

Forum Moderator
      is The Dark Knight

I am:
      Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by patrik. View Post
      I'm sure you'll love it! I had some problems in the beginning with the controls, felt like the game went a bit too slow but now it's def one of the best games for my 360.

You do know about E3 in LA at the moment right? If not, check www.gametrailers.com for a lot of new games to arrive this year or later. The Natal control for 360 looks amazing ... and yes, yes, yes, there is an Assassin's Creed 2 coming this fall. I so wish fall was now. ^_^
      Cool stuff my friend, thanks for the link. By the way, I'll be diving into the new Prince of Persia in a hour or two, let's see how it is. Especially since you mentioned that i'm gonna love it. Will keep you updated.

Forum Moderator
      is The Dark Knight

I am:
      Geeky

Okay, i started to play the "new" PoP last night for a couple of hours straight. Gotta say that i'm hooked on it.
      The way they did it this time is great and it looks like a 3D animated serie, really amazing. Even the conversations between the Prince and Elika that the player can start during the game are great and i believe it's done on purpose to show us again how react on each other in real life. This means, from my point of view, be gentle, talk calm/(be) polite, make funny jokes to break the ice and forget about the trouble that's ahead. Another message that's present through the whole game and is important in real life too is to work together to achieve greater goals.

Anyway, i'm not gonna tell all the details here but i would recommend this game to anyone who loves to play fantasy games filled with magic, action, puzzles, strange dark creatures from the underworld and beautiful detailed environments. Not to forget, the Prince isn't a hack and slash type of a barbarian here like in the previous games but rather a funny, gentle guy who unfortunally get's involved into events, forced to help a total stranger who by accident runs into his life. The mysterious woman: Elika. Together they will have to save the world from eternal darkness and corruption, making it a beautiful place again.

Great story, funny cutscenes and conversations through the game make it complete. Gonna dive into it again now.

Forum Moderator
      is The Dark Knight

I am:
      Geeky

Quote Originally Posted by God's Toy View Post
      Ah a good thread idea!

As for E3, it's a dream of mine to get to one of those.

Many good games over the last 12 months, if I had to pick one it would be the new Half Life episodes, (part of the Orange box collection, if your new to half life) I was hooked from the start.

Game I'm most looking forward too is Bioshock 2 ! loved the first one.
      Thanks Peter.

In the past i was hooked on games and loved to play 3d shooters, it started when i bought a Sega gaming console and the game Bloodsport, years later i got myself a PS 1 or say PSX, that came with the game Aliens Trilogy. Then came the first Tomb Raider which changed it all and been collection them ever since. The last one, "Underworld, is also amazing.

I also had a Nintendo 64 just to play Zelda, this was the change in my life and got hooked on fantasy worlds with magic, action and so on. Then came the PS 2 and got one right away. Now all i have is the PS 2 (the slim version) , the XboX (which i don't use anymore) and the XboX 360.

All i'm looking out for are games, as i told in my first post, that have magic and stuff in it. Games like Half Life, Halo and so on are not my type of games anymore, the interest in it faded away somehow.

Anyway, it's great to share the experience in gaming with you guys and i hope we can keep it up and continue this thread by recommending other great games. I'll be looking forward to your posts.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius Quest View Post

All i'm looking out for are games, as i told in my first post, that have magic and stuff in it.
      Now I don't play games but you are now talking my kind of game MQ!!!(If I knew how to play 'em!! lol)

Forum Moderator
      is The Dark Knight

I am:
      Geeky

This game has been around for a while but i just heard of it. After watching some trailers on the website i decided to buy it myself. An alltime hero rises again and i'm totally hooked on it.

Here's Batman: Arkham Asylum:

http://www.batmanarkhamasylum.com/start

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

Love the thread. Sorry I'm only catching up to it now.
      I have three favorite PS2 games; God Of War, God Of War II, and Godzilla Unleashed.
      Yes, I realize the last one may make some of you chuckle. I chuckle myself. But I'm a Godzilla nut, what can I say.

Growth Through Adversity

Forum Moderator
      is The Dark Knight

I am:
      Geeky

Why say "Sorry"? You're not forced by anyone to follow or catch it up. So leave the "sorry" behind, there's really no need to say that. You're free to do what you love to do in your life.

Anyway......

Everybody has something or say, some things that he or she is a fan of or loves. For me it's Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider, Batman. Hey.... in the past i loved Zelda to bits.
      I've always been a Batman fan and i gotta tell you that people laught about it and pointed fingers at me way back in the time at school. So what, i just let them be for what they were..

A bit back ontopic:

I so hope that i can play the Batman game tonight for a couple of hours. Cant' wait because i really need a break for now and do my stuff!!! hehehehe

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

HA! you know me I love a good game! Be that on the Xbox 360 or on GTi5 (Name I've given to the new quad core Direct-X 11 Gaming monster Computer I just built)

Have a few games I'm loving right now and if I'm not under the hood here I'm playing them there!

First up is a Rally game (I do love car games!) Dirt 2 is a fantastic game and I've not been able to put it down from the time I got it.

Video:

______________________________________________________________________ _________________

Bioshock 2 is a very welcome return to the under water city of Rapture. I loved the first game and am enjoying this no end.

Video:

______________________________________________________________________ ______

Who you gonna call? Yep thats right! GHOST BUSTERS! they have released the games after many many years of the fans asking for it!
      Each of the actors who portrayed the Ghostbusters in the films, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, and Ernie Hudson, lent their voices and likenesses to the in-game characters.

Video:

______________________________________________________________________ _______

And last is Fallout 3:, Yes it's a few years old now but I'm still loving to roam the waste lands and seeing what I can find.
      The Games takes place in the year 2277, after the nuclear apocalypse that devastated the everything you survive and have to face the runes on your own, or so you think...

Video:

______________________________________________________________________ ________
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

You gotta love this. (No REALLY you will!) Gaming Meets Real life...

Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

Forum Moderator
      is The Dark Knight

I am:
      Geeky

Hehehe.... good one.

Will look out for GB by the way, looks cool!

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

I used to be a complete game nut but given them a rest for a few years... but at christmas i got myself a 360, which apart from being a pretty cool multimedia machine on its own... I love the fact you can add a normal hard drive to it or stream to it from my PC to it and watch divx movies, play music and photos It is after all a games machine so after playing a couple of excellent games Call of Duty Modern Warfare (which I loved) , Fifa and GTA what games have I missed that I should check out..

I like the FPS type games and Adventure/puzzle games

one game I did buy was Tomb Raider underworld but it annoyed me so much that there was a bug in it that I wasnt aware of and spent ages trying to get past a certain point only to read online that it was impossible and you had to go back and do a big chunk again in a certain order.. I give up on it..

I was going to buy Farcry 2 this morning dirt cheap but wasnt sure if it is any good (I had never played Farcry 1)

Fallout 3 looks amazing, never played any of these either (I know I am behind the times love that trailer lol, i will stick that on my list. There are so many of these shoot em up games now it makes my head spin.

So any recommendations for the 360 seeing as I have not played games for years so there must be some fantastic game out there I need to check out?

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

funniest thing I seen in ages lol.. cheers for that

the noise the girl makes.... the wowowowow sound..... is going to come to mind everytime my girlfriend starts winging at me for something lol

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

LOVE IT ! Can't wait for Part 2 in August ! LOVE IT LOVE !

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Oh my god that is SO funny .... my throat hurts from laughing so much .... Peter - that is just so awesome ... thank you for sharing!!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Im just catching up on a lot of games

Just finished the first Bioshock, (I know, late to the table as usual) I have played lots of these FPS shooters over the years but this was the best yet, It completley immerses you into the underwater Blade Runner esque world with a great moralistic storyline and one which twists and turns a bit to keep you hooked and fired up (I wonder if the whole game changes if I decide to harvest the little sisters instead of rescuing them???...may try that one day) The 40s/50s music score really creates a surreal enviroment, Hunting for Mr big armed with the kind of weaponry the army could only dream about with Danny Boy blaring in the background was kind of a surreal experience... Best game I have played in years...

I have ordered Bioshock 2 which looks just as good..

Until that comes its onto Farcry wonder if this is as good as everybody says

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

I love the fact they have remade the classics Monkey Island 1 and 2 complete with shiny new HD graphics, interface and voice overs.. I discovered it by accident on Xbox live and after playing the demo it looks fantastic. Good games never die they just get re-invented

Guybrush: I’m looking for 30 dead guys and one woman.
      Cannibal: I don’t think I want to hear any more about it.