Thread: Dream Into Action

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

Default Dream Into Action

I sincerely believe that it is up to us to bring change to this critical situation that Life on Earth is facing. I believe we can accomplish this through our actions, however small they may seem. Everything we now do counts toward making a difference.
      I'm initiating this post so that we may all feel encouraged to take action.
      Just simply post what you may have done to make a difference.

Tonight I sent an e-mail to my state governor
      I sent an e-mail to the White House
      I joined Conservation International

Growth Through Adversity

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I do volunteer work with the kids in my neighbourhood to show them is they have a choice. Many would be from low income families with issues of substance or alcohol abuse etc.
      I work in the wider community too to highlight the needs of the people who do not have a voice at present (I live in these areas too).

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

Crystallorri, excellent work. Very good indeed.

Growth Through Adversity

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Thanks Psyche...yes my paid work is with a voluntary/community organisation which pays the bills but my voluntary work feeds my soul. My kids are all grown up and many of the children where I live play out the attitudes and comments they are exposed to and I felt no point in giving out about them...better to get off my butt and do something to try and show them another way...they have choices and not all adults are the same.
      We usually organise trips and events for them...the biggest one is a summer camp. Three of us take a week of our paid jobs to bring them off for day trips to various places. Very tiring but great fun!!
      I have to say, I get so much more back than I put into it!!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

As some of you know, I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks and once upon a time got caught up in the mindless and unending spiral of violence thats destroying our inner cities. But I got through it, turned my life around and became moderatly successful.

Part of what insulated me from falling totally into the abyss was that I had music to keep me grounded. I dont doubt that Had I not had that outlet, I probably wouldnt be here today. In light of that, I do a tremendous amount of volunteer work in bringing the creative process to innercity kids...combining the lessons of a retired gangbuster with the joy of making music to arm our kids with the knowledge and range to make choices that make a difference. I also contribute heavily to music in public schools.

Now, some like to point out my ties to freemasonry, but forget that Im also a Knight of Malta, a Hospitaller and that as such, I do a lot of work to help ease the suffering in todays world. Im not sure if I ever mentioned that Im a licensed paramedic and that I devote up to 40 days a year working in programs to provide medical care to people who cant afford it or come from places where quality health care just doesnt exist. Ive been all over South America and Asia in the 30 years Ive been involved with this. In the past 10 years however, Ive done most of that here in the US.

As a multi-ethnic person, I also do a lot of work in promoting racial harmony in the innercities through programs that bring kids from different backgrounds together. Most recently I was involved in organizing an all city basketball tournament designed to bring kids from different socioeconomic backgrounds together in a spirit of teamwork.

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

I nod to you both with respect and appreciation. Excellent work you two.
      You've encourage me to try volunteering somewhere, some how. Tyvm.

Growth Through Adversity