• Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Negative to a positive

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Negative to a positive

Name three things that have happened in your life that could have brought you down but that you realised were a positive thing.....you can give as little or as much information as you feel comfortable doing. Also this is not a sympathy trip, guess what I wanted to show here was that crap happens but its how we deal with or look at these things - that adversity can make us stronger and show us the people we can truly become. As I said, only share that which you feel comfortable with and is safe for you to do so.

Love and light

1) Met someone in my younger days who was very violent towards me and almost killed me in front of our 2 year old son. I realised that the issue was his and not mine and I am proud of the fact that I have never bad mouthed him to my son. Also my son has not turned out anything like him due to my being able to influence him growing up.

2) Lost three very close family members within three years - my father in law, my only sister and my only brother.
      I am blessed that I got to know them and that my sister and brother still visit from time to time. Also that my brother is no longer in the pain that made him abuse substances.

3) Lived with 2 alcoholics - my mother and my oldest son's father (above) and survived...a little chipped and cracked but still useful!!
      Last edited by Kiran; April 9th, 2009 at 03:20 PM.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

1) It is a sad fact that my family has a lot of Alcoholics, Heroin addicts and manic depressives, more so than any other family I have ever met, I think its a positive that I have not fallen into the trap of taking drugs to escape my demons, but I sometimes feel like the bloke in that poem - If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs.. because sometimes I feel like I am the only sane one left...

2) When I was a child I was taken into care and moved from one childrens home to another, although this was a very traumatising period of my life alnong the way I met some fantastic people, some of whom became very close friends.. It also gave me a glimpse of something that transended normal life (that I really dont think I would have got if I had not been taken into care) - Spirituality - just a small glimpse.... but enough...

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing Gollum....yes, it just goes to show, if you tell your story - people can think OMG! How can you be sane but the human spirit is so strong and can withstand so much. Good for you honey and hey...if it wasn't for all I had been through, I wouldn't be here in Ireland and I would not be here with all you wonderful folks!! So things happen for a reason even if we can't see it at the time

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

1.) i was in a violently abusive relationship with my ex the father to my 11 year old daughter (i left when she was 14 months old) .. its been another 10 years since i left around abouts and it took me 8 years to be able to say his name comfortably out loud without adding a swear word instead of his actual name (Julio ! there even written) ..although i had years of councelling to deal with my insecurities over why i chose to accept this and why i was weak ..i realised it was my spiritual self and perspective on that which helped me heal and understand the situation on a deeper level ..alot of processes , he developed paranoid schizophrenia , he had been sexually abused as a boy,physically abused and rejected by his father ..i dont forgive what he did to me but i understand why ..and that is a powerful realisation ..and he is a part of my baby that i love ..so ? ive learned alot ..he has chosen to have no contact with her since we parted and my husband now has adopted her as his , but as every child will i know it is important for her to find out her own story all of it and that includes him or maybe it wont ill leave it up to her ..ive always been carful never to be negative when i refer to him i think that helped alot qith my own processing of thoughts and feelings when i speak to her .. so this story continues

phew ..ive learned other things but ill post them later on xx thanks for you guys sharing too it helps doesnt it to know people and how they have come to be how they are and how theyve become strong ..it helps me too x

" BE PRESENT "

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Yes it does help to share and to see what positives can come out of a negative situation. Thanks for sharing Rana
      HUGS

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

(deleted - wrong forum)
      ~Shalott
      "We do not own the earth, we are part of it."
      ~Chief Seattle~

My Blog | Last.fm | Current Weather

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy