Thread: North Korean Nuclear Test

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

Default North Korean Nuclear Test

North Korea recently tested a nuclear warhead underground.
      Did anyone hear the Earth cry?

Growth Through Adversity

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

Unhappy

"Rape Of The World" by Tracy Chapman
      Required Listening.

Growth Through Adversity

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I felt something but wasn't aware what it was until I saw the news....hmm...need to ponder on this.

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

*God!* This kind of crap really pisses me off, makes my blood boil and steam, and makes the fragile hope I hold in my hands for the human race slip away alittle more! This is NO need to 'test' anything nuclear, *God f-ing damn it!* we know wtf it is does! This act is nothing, but for men to prove to themselves their are 'powerful', stroking their bloody egos and pounding their fists on their chest! *hsigh* will this human race ever learn!?

Okay, my ranting is over and I apologize if I offended anyone with my wording!

Nuclear anything (to me) should be hands-off for humans, period!!!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is emotionally drained

I am:
      Bemused

We should nuke them!!
      What you allow, is what will continue

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

You may have the knowledge to do or create something, but without the WISDOM it should never be done.
      In returning to this post I am 're-sensing' the pain and sorrow I sensed leading up to and during this event.
      To confront this situation with the SAME IGNORANCE as what lead to this is FOOLISHNESS and shameful.
      Inutero, I understand your comment was in jest. But considering the sensitivity of this situation your comment and lack of judgement are inappropriate.

Growth Through Adversity

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I didn't feel anything, yet I heard the news, and yes it disturbs me deeply. I think I may have been a little not in tuned with things lately, but that test is a big wake up call for me, to yet again stay aware/alert to the things going on in the world. I've been caught up at work and looking to purchase a home and my children and school. It is amazing how the environment around you can keep you so busy and distracted....then next thing you know...boom a nuclear test!

I agree Sphinx...I was starting to have high hopes for humanity...and then someone always knock my hopes back down.

And Psyce, one of the things sometimes humans do not consider is the planet, and when they do things such as this nuclear test, it really effects our planet in a negative way...and it's natural wonder...natures mystic.

No fear is in my heart, however......just more anger that we still feel the need to have these mass distructive weapons.

Thank you mother Earth for putting up with human behavior and yet again sustains all living things here on this planet....we shall learn in due time...we shall learn....please forgive us!

is emotionally drained

I am:
      Bemused

Quote Originally Posted by Psyche View Post
      You may have the knowledge to do or create something, but without the WISDOM it should never be done.
      I feel the WISDOM is there...Humanity is not.

In returning to this post I am 're-sensing' the pain and sorrow I sensed leading up to and during this event. To confront this situation with the SAME IGNORANCE as what lead to this is FOOLISHNESS and shameful.
      Ignorance is Bliss...I don't feel this is the situation is this case with North Korea...They are not inventing the A-Bomb...they know exactly what they are doing and what they want to do. They know the consequences such powerful weapons have and what they are capable of. Ignorance has become an excuse.

Inutero, I understand your comment was in jest. But considering the sensitivity of this situation your comment and lack of judgement are inappropriate.
      First and foremost, my comment in jest it was. Lack of Judgement...I think not. As harsh as this might sound, I believe that if NK is not willing to put an end to their matters at hand, then I truly believe in the following:

"Nuclear warfare strategy is a way for either fighting or avoiding a nuclear war. The policy of trying to ward off a potential attack by a nuclear weapon from another country by threatening nuclear retaliation is known as the strategy of nuclear deterrence. The goal in deterrence is to always maintain a second strike status (the ability of a country to respond to a nuclear attack with one of its own) and potentially to strive for first strike status (the ability to completely destroy an enemy's nuclear forces before they could retaliate). During the Cold War, policy and military theorists in nuclear-enabled countries worked out models of what sorts of policies could prevent one from ever being attacked by a nuclear weapon."

I agree with everyone on this thread that nuclear weapons are a true "evil and dark side" of humanity, but it is a REALITY. The devastation we do to our planet...words cannot describe. The devastation we do to each other...words cannot describe. If my comments offend anyone, then so be it. But it is not intentional. I do keep an open mind and I will read and take to heart what is said. But I ask for the same in return. My mind can be changed.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I don't have a problem with what you said. I think we should view all situations at all angles. Your angle was one that I didn't think of, and that is the purpose of us all getting together to talk. I believe when humans put heads together, whether its in disagreement or agreement, I feel there is still a benefit, and something to learn from it all.

I don't even feel neccessarily that nuclear is "evil"..actually, no "thing" is evil, it's just what you do with it. I feel that perhaps this technology can be used for good, such as space travel perhaps? Unfortunately human greed and other emotions tend to get in the way of us progressing in the directions "thinking outside the box" the directions that would be beneficial to ALL humanity.

is emotionally drained

I am:
      Bemused

Quote Originally Posted by SoulChild View Post
      I don't have a problem with what you said. I think we should view all situations at all angles. Your angle was one that I didn't think of, and that is the purpose of us all getting together to talk. I believe when humans put heads together, whether its in disagreement or agreement, I feel there is still a benefit, and something to learn from it all.

I don't even feel neccessarily that nuclear is "evil"..actually, no "thing" is evil, it's just what you do with it. I feel that perhaps this technology can be used for good, such as space travel perhaps? Unfortunately human greed and other emotions tend to get in the way of us progressing in the directions "thinking outside the box" the directions that would be beneficial to ALL humanity.
      Yes, I do believe that perhaps weapons of mass destruction can have a greater purpose. Perhaps this is where the "WISDOM" comes in that Michael is talking about. And with that I do agree. I agree with your comments Lizzy.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

My own feeling is that two wrongs don't make a right. In other words while I agree with you Inutero, that NK are completely aware of their actions...doesn't mean that 'nuking' them is the solution.
      Like Soulchild said...negotiations and discussions are a way forward but this human condition that puts ego, greed and power before the basic rights of others and this planet needs to be stopped but I do not feel destroying them is the right thing either.

There are organisations out there that are fighting for this kind of thing and if we feel strongly, then why not join one of these groups and actually do something about it...let the human voice be heard. I think this is where Psyche was coming from...its to vocalise the obsenity of what has occurred here. We share this earth and we have a right to state our disgust at these actions but not with a negative solution.

Just my tuppence worth, in love and respect.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

........but why is North Korea in pursuit of a Nuke ?.....Why is Pakistan more than happy to help them acquire the technology that is required to enrich Uranium/Plutonium ?.......why China helped Pakistan have a nuke in the first place ?........Because USA has a policy of world domination and it happens to have them in abundance,it set the precedence in intimidating the world by it's military might and others followed ........How about USA destroying all it's WMD's ? and setting a precedence for a Nuke free world ?

Did anyone hear the Earth cry?
      no

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

I began to type a responce and further the discussion, but then deleted it. This is not the place for debating issues or so I believe. In addition, I've found through experience that with issues of a sensitive nature it is sometimes better to say nothing at all.
      And with that said.....

Growth Through Adversity

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

Default A Final Thought

The Universe has said that it is time for the human species to evolve. Should the choice be to do otherwise, the outcome is extinction.
      I choose LIFE.

Growth Through Adversity