• Wtf
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in Angels?

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Do you believe in Angels?

In light of the other thread (ghosts/Spirits) I thought I would try this one too as many out there have a belief in something like this.

So do you believe in angels...I mean this could be from a stranger that helped along the way to the winged creatures we associate with the Bible. I feel really sad as many ministers of religion (christian) teach that these are not real, with wings etc but more a 'way of thinking'.

Let me know your views...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Yes!...I except as a fact that "Angels" exist.....but not with wings. I believe there is a creature with wings known as the gargoyle.....which happens to be a creature that many buildings in NYC have statues of...yet, I don't believe that they are saying that these gargoyles are angels. I think the wings just signify the fact that they travel. How they travel...well, I guess we can argue that. You can say they travel with wings...I could say they travel in a space craft. Either way, when you think about it, they both seem far fetched. I feel that "Angels" appear, but not always as some ball of light. I feel that the ones I have encountered where just regular people on the street, and even homeless people at times. I think it is that way for the purpose of a "test"...maybe? I think you should never underestimate what may be an angel.....so, basically, I think a "message" could be sent to you by way of a homeless person, or any given person. The goal is to absorb the information, and pay attention to the clues and/or the signs. So, I cannot prove to anyone, or even to myself scientifically that I have encountered angels...but, I know what I feel, and I know the messages that were given to me. Yet, it has been a while since I've had encounters like that. I felt like I had plenty of angelic encounters when I lived in New York. But, then again, I did get out more then...Now, I am basically at home, all the time, or at work. Not too much interaction with the public. Yet, everytime I step outside my house, I look at the sky, I take a look around, and I like to absorb the view, I like to experience nature, and take everything in. Everything is a learning lesson. Sometimes I just get a feeling when I look at the sky, and sometimes I may see something....just a little something...nothing to get too excited about...but, like I said, I am taking everything in, I will not ignore the signs, and I listen, and watch, and thats why I can say that I except as fact that angels exist. (and I don't believe that they travel on a broom, or carpet either...LOL)

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Hey...good comment! I think there are 'earth' angels all around us but I truly believe there are other beings out there that protect, send messages etc and I know from first hand experience about that!
      I don't think my body would be on this plane anymore if it had not been for 'angelic/divine' intervention!

Forum Moderator
      is The Dark Knight

I am:
      Geeky

Back somewhere in 2003 i believe it wasn't going to well with me and i was in a very bad shape. I was single at that time living completely on my own and almost isolated from the outside world. One night something happend, i had the morningshift in the factory where i used to work and had to get up at 5 am. Suddenly i woke up at 3:30 am, or say something woke me up. I was completely awake, not even tired and felt somekind of energy going through my whole body and soul. I can't explain what it was but it felt like i was touched by an Angel to put me on the right track again in life. This energy stayed with me for a whole month before it slowly faded away.

This strange happening stays always in my mind and up to now i still can't explain it or what it was. This is by the way the first time i talk open about it after all those years.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

I do believe in Angels, I have no idea what they are, A lot of years ago my daughter was asleep in her bedroom, she was only very small about 3 or 4, It was late on and and my partner heard this banging in house, it was like a loud repetitive knocking sound coming from the kitchen out the back, we went out the back and the noise seemed to be coming from a different direction, upstairs, I raced upstairs and went in to check on my daughter, She had a lamp beside her bed, The lampshade had somehow turned on it side and was touching the lightbulb and was starting to turn burn and turn black (all the time this banging was going on but it never seemed to be coming from any particular direction. I switched off the lamp and removed it from the room, all the time my daughter was sleeping oblivious. As I walked out of the room the banging just stopped, I don't profess to know what angels are but I do know something was watching over her that night. And I will be forever grateful.

I believe someone or something is always watching over us. I think they also sometimes, take human form.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius Quest View Post
      Back somewhere in 2003 i believe it wasn't going to well with me and i was in a very bad shape. I was single at that time living completely on my own and almost isolated from the outside world. One night something happend, i had the morningshift in the factory where i used to work and had to get up at 5 am. Suddenly i woke up at 3:30 am, or say something woke me up. I was completely awake, not even tired and felt somekind of energy going through my whole body and soul. I can't explain what it was but it felt like i was touched by an Angel to put me on the right track again in life. This energy stayed with me for a whole month before it slowly faded away.

This strange happening stays always in my mind and up to now i still can't explain it or what it was. This is by the way the first time i talk open about it after all those years.
      Sometimes when I feel like life is getting me down and I am becoming unable to cope, from out of nowhere I get this lift, Its like there is something watching over us and carrying us forward.

Administrator
      is testing new status and mods
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

I believe'walk ins' are angels too, in that they are here to help, we only have to ask.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

(Originally by God's Toy)---
      I do believe 'walk-ins' are angels too, in that they are here to help, we only have to ask.
      and, see.....as soon as I read your post and saw the words `walk ins' I don't know why I thought of something not good, and you say they are here to help? Can we say that all are? And, have you asked a walk in to walk in you? I have not, and I don't imagine myself doing that. I feel that "gaurdian angels" help me at times. I feel people do get "walked in" in situations like when people say they caught the holy ghost. And the way some act after recieving this so-called holy ghost...I probably would rather not "catch" it either. So, I guess I figure in my mind, that if I really didn't give the being permission to "walk in" me, for some reason I assumed it was disagreeable. I was taught to not open up that upper (crown) chakra unless I was like far advanced in meditation, or else something could "walk in", or you could even lose yourself, and break that spiritual umbilical cord. So, I guess what I am getting at is why would you want a walk in?

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Maybe what you understand as 'walk ins' is different to mine perhaps?

From what I understand the soul of the host agrees to the transfer first, also sometimes the visiting party simply communicate what is needed to be said to the host to pass on too whoever its meant for, they don't 'walk in' to you if you need help but do too those around you to offer help. They have never 'walked in' to me that I can remember but seeing I know how they work I would be happy to let them.

To be honest I don't fully understand how it all works as I've always ended back here after I die lol not that I would remember anyway... maybe we (on this plane) simply cant grasp how it really works and so fear what we don't understand.

They have been part of my life (this life?) from a young age and In every visit I've got feelings of love and tenderness, sometimes i'am transfixed just by looking into the eyes of one. (How I learned to spot them)

I remember about 4 years ago I had a full 3 days visit.

That was nice
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

(Off topic a little)

Uh, God's Toy....I think something happened to my original post? I mean, the one you were responding to? Something is wrong...Please fix it!...LOL

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

What the hell went on there?

Now that is odd.
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

OK that was a database error but sorted now.
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

I believe in the term of Angels, I also believe that Angels and or 'walk-ins' come in the form of animals as well as humans. Perhaps, it is safe to say, I believe in the animal form moreso than I do of the human form.

But, yes, I do believe they exist in some form or another....
      Last edited by Narnia; November 12th, 2008 at 07:58 PM.
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

[I]oh yes definately ..as the saying goes when the student is ready the teacher appears ..they come in many forms ..some as you and i ..a complex system in place to ensure we follow our instincts ..like that of all nature ..sometimes we dont hear because the world is full of noises ..but yes they are all there ..beautifully so ..I]

" BE PRESENT "

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

A strange scary thing happened earlier, My granddaughter had been toddling around the lounge and dining room for most of the day and playing on the floor in the lounge with her books and toys. Anyway she was getting tired so I got her changed and put her to bed. she doesn't usually go to bed that early, she usually goes later but her eyes were dropping so I thought I would put her up.

I came downstairs and about 5 minutes or so passed and I decided to make a cup of tea, I went in the kitchen and there was this almighty crash from the lounge, I raced back in and the mirror that had been hung over the fireplace was on the floor face down right were my granddaughter had been playing only 20 minutes or so earlier and the ornaments that had been on the fireplace scattered all over the place.

The string that was holding up the mirror had snapped causing the mirror which is about 3 foot wide by 2 foot long to fall, It had been hung there for about 5 or 6 years never moved. If this had happened at any other time during today there is a strong change she could have been badly hurt as apart from the glass the mirror is quite heavy and my granddaughter is only 2 and tiny. The thought of what could have happened is terrifying.

Another weird thing was the ornaments on the fire are all Angels and Fairies which my partner has collected over the years there was 6 in total and every single one was undamaged apart from one thing, Every single Angel/Fairy had no wings, The wings of each of them had snapped off in the fall but the rest of them remained intact. I know the wings are probably the weakest part of them but for all six of them to suffer the same damage I thought was a bit weird.

So I have spent the last few hours sticking wings back onto angels/fairies with superglue fretting about what might of been and thankful that she was not in the room when it happened.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Hmm Sean....thanks for sharing that and it really doesn't surprise me. Little people in general are not so caught up in ego etc as we are and hear the messages they are given so maybe she got a little help from her guardian to tell her to go to bed
      I always say a little thank you when those ind of things happen

I remember telling this on another site before but I was in a life-threatening situation and prayed so hard to be helped.
      I knew the person very well and normally they could not be rationalised with in the frame of mind they were in.
      I heard this voice from somewhere ask them a question about my (oldest) son who was two and a half at the time. THey dropped the weapon, looked at me very strangely as we both realised at the same time, the voice came from me...but it wasn't me. At the same time, I felt this immense sense of peace, that everything would work out fine and it did. Whatever he heard from the voice, he ran out of the house and never tried it again. Not long after that, I moved here and never looked back
      I said some huge thank you's after the shock that kicked in subsided.

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
      I do believe in Angels, I have no idea what they are, A lot of years ago my daughter was asleep in her bedroom, she was only very small about 3 or 4, It was late on and and my partner heard this banging in house, it was like a loud repetitive knocking sound coming from the kitchen out the back, we went out the back and the noise seemed to be coming from a different direction, upstairs, I raced upstairs and went in to check on my daughter, She had a lamp beside her bed, The lampshade had somehow turned on it side and was touching the lightbulb and was starting to turn burn and turn black (all the time this banging was going on but it never seemed to be coming from any particular direction. I switched off the lamp and removed it from the room, all the time my daughter was sleeping oblivious. As I walked out of the room the banging just stopped, I don't profess to know what angels are but I do know something was watching over her that night. And I will be forever grateful.

I believe someone or something is always watching over us. I think they also sometimes, take human form.
      i have an inkling that was a departed family member watching over from your mums side of the family .. phew luckily

" BE PRESENT "

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
      A strange scary thing happened earlier, My granddaughter had been toddling around the lounge and dining room for most of the day and playing on the floor in the lounge with her books and toys. Anyway she was getting tired so I got her changed and put her to bed. she doesn't usually go to bed that early, she usually goes later but her eyes were dropping so I thought I would put her up.

I came downstairs and about 5 minutes or so passed and I decided to make a cup of tea, I went in the kitchen and there was this almighty crash from the lounge, I raced back in and the mirror that had been hung over the fireplace was on the floor face down right were my granddaughter had been playing only 20 minutes or so earlier and the ornaments that had been on the fireplace scattered all over the place.

The string that was holding up the mirror had snapped causing the mirror which is about 3 foot wide by 2 foot long to fall, It had been hung there for about 5 or 6 years never moved. If this had happened at any other time during today there is a strong change she could have been badly hurt as apart from the glass the mirror is quite heavy and my granddaughter is only 2 and tiny. The thought of what could have happened is terrifying.

Another weird thing was the ornaments on the fire are all Angels and Fairies which my partner has collected over the years there was 6 in total and every single one was undamaged apart from one thing, Every single Angel/Fairy had no wings, The wings of each of them had snapped off in the fall but the rest of them remained intact. I know the wings are probably the weakest part of them but for all six of them to suffer the same damage I thought was a bit weird.

So I have spent the last few hours sticking wings back onto angels/fairies with superglue fretting about what might of been and thankful that she was not in the room when it happened.
      wow i trully love hearing these stories , when i was 16 i was at a new friends house and had been starting out the drinking faze and had too many ! i had a 20 minute walk to my place where i lived alone , i usually would walk passed to shops but i thought how embarrassing after drinking and the local boys might laugh at me so in my mind as i left her house and looking at the laneway entrance in the short distance i thought ill cut thru behind the shops , i saw a lady in glowing white pointing away from the laneway towards the top shops and in my ear simultaneously i hear clearly "dont go there" ..it stopped me in my tracks and straightened me up in an instant ..of course you dont ignore that kind of warning ..so i walked passed to shops and the boys werent there this nite ..so ? i think of that incident to this day and wonder what if ?

" BE PRESENT "

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Angels

Do you believe in Earth Angels?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Flower View Post
      Do you believe in Earth Angels?
      How would you define an "Earth Angel"...what makes them different from any other angel? Doesn't the basic meaning for angel mean "messenger" The way I would probably guess an "Earth Angel" being...would be like sort of a guardian angel? maybe?

Thanks for joining us on the board!