• Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MW Book Club!!

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I have three books (so far!!) if anyone is interested in reading them...just Pm me or email with your home address and I'll send them on

The Science of Self-Realisation - Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
      http://www.amazon.com/Science-Self-R...owViewpoints=1

Women who Run with The Wolves - Clarrissa Pinkola Estés
      http://www.amazon.com/Women-Wolves-C...owViewpoints=1

Stepping into the Magic - Gill Edwards
      http://www.alibris.co.uk/booksearch?...YVAX.T_5cf595A

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I forgot to add that I have numerous books on herbs - both how to grow them and to use them if anyone is interested. Just PM and let me know.

All is full of love!
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

IN terms of Buddhism books, I'll filter through the ones I have and I'm happy to pass them on too to anyone who'd like them.

There is one I can recommend however no longer have, that I strongly recommend anyone looking for a western take on an introduction to Buddhism is by Lama Surya Das called "Awakening the Buddha Within: Tibetan Wisdom for the Western World".

It's a fantastic book that both Peter and I felt very connected with and felt it was a great introduction to Buddhism on how it can be applied to our own day to day lives in a western world.

I'll go hunting and be back. Lorri, I might take you up on the offer of one of your herbalism books but I'll chat more about that when I get more than a minute.

Thanks = love this exchange and share idea.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

No problem honey! I recommended a good one and it has a great childrens section in it...the Green Witch (yeah who'd have thought eh?? lol )

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I also have some books on Reiki, Rituals and some others...wasn't sure to list them or not....guess if you are interested, you could let me know.

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

Crystallori, are you the official keeper of the books for the MW Book Club?
      I ask because I have a very 'special' book that I would like to donate.
      If there is another "Keeper Of The Books" may I please here from you?
      Tyvm.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Hmmm....no Psyche...I just have some of my own that I feel now need to be out there. We post on here any books that people feel they want to share and you will get a PM from someone if they are interested in reading it...thats kinda how it works (for obvious reasons we ask people don't post their home address on here but use the PM's).
      If you have a book to share, you can post the details here and anyone interested can contact you. The Buddhist book from the first post is winging its way around the world as we speak...many are interested in sharing that and we ask that a little note be added inside. Nice way for us to communicate and to share with eachother
      I hope that is clear for you honey?
      You do have me intrigued by your book now...?

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

"Keeper of the books" lol I like that

I have a vision of Lorri walking around a dusty old celler with a candle gaurding the secret books of wisdom

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

That made me laugh Sean!! You know...I always guarded my books like treasures but its a huge change for me to share them! Who knows, if I get the courage to publish my book...it might adorn my shelves too

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

"Keeper of the Books" - awesome! Would make a great screen name

I never knew you had written a book Lorri - you can't just leave it at that, you'll have to spill the beans

I have finished reading Sean's Buddhism book (was a lovely little book and I gained some real insights from it) and it is now on its way to Polly, who I believe was next in line.
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”
      "The most beautiful and thought-provoking book I have ever read."

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Hmm....well its just my story and kinda like the thread I posted earlier about how to deal with stuff that happens and just my views on stuff.
      Actually you know...that would make a great name!!! (Can't quite picture you with pigtails but very cute look I'd say...)
      HUGS

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Well I for one would love to read it. I loved your other thread but haven't replied yet as I'd have to really think before I contributed anything of worth. I really enjoy reading autobiographical experiences, I don't think there's any greater gift a person can give than sharing their life and lessons - it takes a lot of courage, I know. But it always reminds me how we're all really One - you get to see life through another's perspective and realise that we all really have the same basics thoughts, hopes, fears and feelings...I love that feeling of oneness from reading autobiographies. The gift of shared experience.

I'm mustering up the courage to throw in a 'special' book of my own into the book circle.
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Sent you a PM honey

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

OK, I decided to bite the bullet and offer a rather unique book: my own one! I have a copy sitting here and I'd be delighted to send it to whoever is interested.

As it has not been officially published yet, it's one of a very limited number in existence. 'The Key of Alanar' is an ambitious, epic tale that combines fantasy with metaphysics and a strongly character driven narrative (you needn't be put off if you're not really into fantasy: it's actually quite transcendent of genre). It's a story about overcoming adversity and bereavement, finding your true path in life and reconciling the darkness in order to step into the light.

This book is my life's work (I can say that because I first conceived the idea when I was only a little kid and later began developing the storyline when I was about 16). I've every last ounce of my heart and soul into it and guess it's time to get it out there.

If anyone would like to read it send me a PM and I will happily send it off to you

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Well honey...I would be interested Sent you a PM.

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

Lucid, may I be next in line to read your book. Perhaps if I gave Crystallori my home addy and she could send it to me when she's finished.?. Also, would you like anything written into it after it's read? I could understand if you preferred we refrain from doing so. Just thought I'd ask.
      The Book I mentioned above is entitled "The Fabric Of The Cosmos" by Brian Greene.
      The subtitle is "Space, Time, And The Texture Of Reality."
      This is a physics book in which "String Theory" is presented. It brings science into sync with the belief that 'All Things Are Indeed Possible', and how our hands are just as much in this cosmic 'pie' as has always been believed in metaphysics.
      The Unique thing about this book is it is one of the very first published. I happen to receive it approximately a year before it came out in book stores. Back to the understanding 'that all things are indeed possible.'
      By rights I shouldn't have received the book. But I guess it helped that I understood the 'Strings'.
      Offering to share this book is something I thought I would never do. However, I 'feel' compelled to do so here with each of you.
      Should you deside to except my offer, let's handle it as with the Buddhist book initially offered in this thread (of which I'm also Interested).

Growth Through Adversity

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psyche View Post
      Lucid, may I be next in line to read your book. Perhaps if I gave Crystallori my home addy and she could send it to me when she's finished.?. Also, would you like anything written into it after it's read? I could understand if you preferred we refrain from doing so. Just thought I'd ask.
      The Book I mentioned above is entitled "The Fabric Of The Cosmos" by Brian Greene.
      The subtitle is "Space, Time, And The Texture Of Reality."
      This is a physics book in which "String Theory" is presented. It brings science into sync with the belief that 'All Things Are Indeed Possible', and how our hands are just as much in this cosmic 'pie' as has always been believed in metaphysics.
      The Unique thing about this book is it is one of the very first published. I happen to receive it approximately a year before it came out in book stores. Back to the understanding 'that all things are indeed possible.'
      By rights I shouldn't have received the book. But I guess it helped that I understood the 'Strings'.
      Offering to share this book is something I thought I would never do. However, I 'feel' compelled to do so here with each of you.
      Should you deside to except my offer, let's handle it as with the Buddhist book initially offered in this thread (of which I'm also Interested).
      Thanks Michael - I'd love for you to read my book. I believe that Polly (Sphinx) is actually next in line after Lorri but if you PM her your address I'm sure she'd be happy to pass it along Feel free to scribble whatever you like on it!

Your string theory book sounds interesting - just wondering if it would be accessible to someone who doesn't have a great understanding of physics? Is it quite easy to read or is it for the more scientifically knowledgable?
      Last edited by BlueStar; April 11th, 2009 at 05:47 PM.

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Hey Michael!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Exposition View Post
      .... I believe that Polly (Sphinx) is actually next in line after Lorri but if you PM her your address I'm sure she'd be happy to pass it along ....
      Yes, I did put my name on the reservation list already (sorry I beat you to it), but as Rory pointed out ... I would be most happy to pass it on to my dear friend after I am finished with it!!

-------------

Hey Rory!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Exposition
      .... Feel free to scribble whatever you like on it! ....
      If you don't mind, I would like to take you up on your 'scribble' offer as well! he-he!

In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

Sphinx, my home addy is on its way to your PM inbox.
      And Lucid Tyvm. As for the "Fabric Of The Cosmos", it's both. There are numerous pages of dry science peppered with a more Human/less clinical approach. Good of you to ask. I wouldn't want someone to receive it not knowing this info. They might feel compelled to use it as fuel for the fireplace. Thank you for asking Rory.

Growth Through Adversity

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Its really cool that this book club has took off

If anybody has read the original Buddhist book and wants more information on Kadampa Buddhism you can find it here

Kadampa Buddhism

there are lots of Dharma centres around the world including the Mother centre in the lake district in England.

I have visited a few and they are very beautiful peaceful places. If you are into buddhism or not they make you very welcome.