Thread: You know its over when...

Administrator
      is testing new status and mods
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Unhappy You know its over when...

The forum was down for a month and no one told you... cos no one was here .

Forums are dead and I'm talking to myself, facepuss and the twits won. Will have a think of what I'm gonna do with this place.

End of line.
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

is curious.

I am:
      Piratey

Sorry! I actually tried to get in, but I figured that there were temporary technical difficulties. I guess I stayed away longer than I thought.
      I am glad that access has been restored. Perhaps some other lost souls will return to the fold.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

For some odd reason, I found myself here, now. Please dont let this message board end. I know i'm not active..
      But I miss Martyn and Margaret, every day. This is all we got of them.

Forum Moderator
      is The Dark Knight

I am:
      Geeky

I'm honest and open about why i haven't been active anymore, i'm pretty much empty and my private life takes up a lot of time, especially with three kids. Plus the fact i'm busy working on improving myself, finally having a breakthrough to deal with certain issues that i encountered and encounter in my life. I'm growing, evolving.

Also i'm not that active anymore on the social media networks. FB a little bit more because of family, Mike Oldfield and the Linux project but that's about it. As for the rest i try to follow news about open source, linux and android related stuff to keep up to date. I have been checking MW from time to time though without logging in.
      A couple of years ago i knew already that the social media networks would destroy the forums. Even for support people go to Google+, FB and Twitter pages. I don't like it that they do it but we have to accept and live with the fact that it is the way it is these days. It's sad but true...

Maybe things will change again over time... Who knows.
      Last edited by Mr B; June 18th, 2017 at 12:31 PM.

Don't talk about things you might want to do, nor postpone them... Just DO!

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MotherNature View Post
      For some odd reason, I found myself here, now. Please dont let this message board end. I know i'm not active..
      But I miss Martyn and Margaret, every day. This is all we got of them.
      Hi MN,

It's nice to see you post here.

I don't mean to be or sound insensitive (as I have learned I can be without knowing..). I often remember and think fondly of Martyn and the lives we all had back then, to me he will always be MW's soul godfather, MW is the last remnant of the EMB and what's left of that space on this boards will always be dedicated to him. Also I am reminded of Margaret's loving kindness every single day when I walk into my living room...Such a peaceful and gentle soul. They both changed our lives for the betterment many ways and I for one despite some bittersweet memories could simply could never forget them or the marks they left on us all.
      We are also remembering mysterious wisdom's own member, Lion spirit Walker, he is simply was the inspiration to us all and tragedy lost his fight for life far far to early... those people will never be forgotten.

However it is true to say that neither Margaret nor Martyn posted or even joined MW, I know Maytyn had less and less time for anything site related towards the end especially me and Margaret had already left us for a better place before the MW idea was ever conceived .

So perhaps it is the EMB you are thinking off? Sad to say i'm told all those files were deleted by the domains new owners and all server side backups we're also apparently deleted too. I almost cried when I realised it was gone for good so unless another backup was taken by Onur during his time there it's probably lost and only reachable by sites like "web.archive.org" .
      I had plans to host the old EMB but leave it closed but always there for anyone wanting to remember the better times.

I had hoped to get something up but lack of interest and help from ex members no longer speaking to me plus seeing as there was just to much of the database still missing... on what was left it was heavily customised by the Neo forum rather than the vBulletin EMB server we had.
      I have a few forums now just waiting to be used for such a project but like the Neo and EMB forums before it and now MW, maybe it's just there time has come and people just don't care any more for what we had and have moved on.. . In a age of Facebook and Twitter and the Snapchats of the world maybe conversation is lost out to the status updates and it's time MW went off-line.

There is nothing I would love more then to bring back the EMB or at least keep it's sprit alive within MW but like last time, if I am the only one really wanting it and/or willing to post here, (or there) I'm still on my own talking with myself and what's it's point then?

I do hope you are doing well hon, we still speak of you fondly in our house and have often wonder what became of yourself and other fine members of the EMB... Perhaps I'm just out of the loop as I'm not a Facebook user but it would be lovely to get an update on your life.
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Mr B, nice to see you post here. I hope you are also doing well
      Becoming more than you were is always a good thing. Being a better version of YOU is the best thing you can ever do my friend.
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Anjou,

I don't think I ever told you this but I feel a connection to you, It's very reminiscent of the old forum however I'm unsure if I knew you back then.
      You indeed have that spark of the old forum within your posts, the connection that made us all friends, that made us want to spend time there... (the family members will understand what I mean here I'm sure)

I want to thank you for at least trying to keep things going here when most had moved on. You are the remainder of what the EMB and then MW was all about and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Much love to one and all and thank you Peter for keeping this place going

is curious.

I am:
      Piratey

Thank you for your kind and affirming words---and for feeling a connection.
      I found Mysterious Wisdom well after the EMB, but I understood it and understand it.
      I, too, come here infrequently now, primarily because of the absence of friends, but also because I have intentionally recharged my "personal life."

Most of my friends here are absent now, but I still think of this place as an oasis, a respite from the madness that one can encounter elsewhere in the universe.
      I have no plans to give up MW, or give up on it. Even if new posts are sparse, there is much recorded wisdom here for posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Toy View Post
      Anjou,

I don't think I ever told you this but I feel a connection to you, It's very reminiscent of the old forum however I'm unsure if I knew you back then.

You indeed have that spark of the old forum within your posts, the connection that made us all friends, that made us want to spend time there... (the family members will understand what I mean here I'm sure)

I want to thank you for at least trying to keep things going here when most had moved on. You are the remainder of what the EMB and then MW was all about and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Nice to see you Lorri, Hope all is good your side
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

It's odd, more people have been liking and interacting with the FB MW page in recent weeks.

So, is MW over and out completely!?! ��
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is curious.

I am:
      Piratey

Not at all! How great to hear from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
      It's odd, more people have been liking and interacting with the FB MW page in recent weeks.

is I always wanted to be a
      wizard.

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Hey guys finally working MW I am glad to see you here again!
      I missed you MW family
      I Spread My Wings Over The Universe

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Hey Jordan! so nice to see ya hon
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Narnia View Post

Would be cooler if they came here tho... but hey we can be happy anywhere, even Facebook... lol Maybe I should move it all over there?

KILL ME NOW!!

PS, nice to see ya Polls
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator