• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Amethyst crystal

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Amethyst crystal

I have a crystal that's amethyst, what is it's purpose and does it matter if it's in a plastic zip bag or does it need to touch the skin to work

Administrator
      is testing new status and mods
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Oh where is Kiran where we need her! Lorri, you got your ears on?

Lets hope someone has an answer!
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Hey there .... my knowledge on crystals is very limited, however here are a couple threads that may prove useful to your questions: Crystals and Crystal Therapy. Hope these can help you!!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
      Hey there .... my knowledge on crystals is very limited, however here are a couple threads that may prove useful to your questions: Crystals and Crystal Therapy. Hope these can help you!!
      It won't let me click the links

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Looking4info View Post

Never mind it just let me when I quoted it lol

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

That's odd! It should've automatically opened up another window when you click on the highlighted word ... though, I see you were able to open the link, in a roundabout kind of way. Still, I hope you're able to find some useful info in regards to some of your questions ...
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I have a crystal that's amethyst, what is it's purpose and does it matter if it's in a plastic zip bag or does it need to touch the skin to work
      Hi honey and firstly, always keep crystals in natural materials or out in the open....man made materials such as plastic can stifle them. What's its purpose is really what you have it for. If its jewellery, then yes, it should be kept by the skin. If its a natural stone, or tumbled/polished, it should be kept out in the open....on your bedside cabinet or in your pocket.

I did post a lot of information on crystals and gemstones before and here is the link to them http://mysteriouswisdom.com/forum/sh...rystal-Therapy

This is the piece on Amethyst I shared:
      Crystalline quartz in shades of purple, lilac or mauve is called amethyst, a stone traditionally worn to guard against drunkenness and to instill a sober mind. The word amethyst comes from the Greek meaning "without drunkenness" and amethyst is believed to protect one from poison.

Power Stone
      It is used as a dream stone and to help insomnia. Put an amethyst under your pillow to bring about pleasant dreams, or rub it across your forehead to offer relief from a headache.

Protection Stone
      Ancient Egyptians used the amethyst guard against guilty and fearful feelings. It has been worn as protection from self-deception, as well as a protection against witchcraft. The amethyst has long been used to open the spiritual and psychic centres, making it one of the power stones. It is also used as a meditation aid when worn as a necklace.

Wisdom Stone
      The amethyst is known as the Bishop's Stone and is still worn by Catholic Bishops. The amethyst symbolizes piety, humility, sincerity and spiritual wisdom. It is thought the amethyst is the perfect stone to symbolize The Age of Aquarius.

Healing properties of Amethyst
      Amethyst is a gemstone often worn by healers, as it has the power to focus energy. A healer will usually wear several pieces of jewellery with amethysts set in silver, especially an amethyst necklace. The person to be healed will have an Amethyst to hold while the healing is being done. The healer will place another piece of Amethyst on the area of the body in need of healing, the heart or lungs usually.

Amethyst is used for problems in the blood and in breathing problems. Amethyst crystal clusters are used to keep the air and life force in the home clean and positive.

Amethyst clusters, points or several tumbled Amethysts placed in a window that receives sun most of the day are very beneficial to use in healing and to heal negativity in the home. Place Amethyst clusters, points or several tumbled Amethysts in moonlight and everyone in the home will be feeling calmer. Using an Amethyst as a meditation focus will increase the positive spiritual feelings. Amethyst helps overcome fears and cravings. It also helps relieve headaches.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know and I will do my best to answer them. Blessings to you