Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Default The Movie Thread

Anybody want to recommend any good movies to watch, I have seen a few over the last few weeks that I thought were pretty good. better be careful not to post any possible spoilers for people who have not see the films...

I watched this last night

Four Christmases

Its about a couple (Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn) who try to avoid seeing the family over the christmas holidays but find they have no choice, very funny.

Also watched

"Taken"

which is a very good action thriller staring "Liam Neeson" about an ex CIA operative searching for his daughter.

There is a lot of buzz about "Twilight" anybody seen it yet?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Great!...A movie thread

I think I am in love with Will Smith.....(j/k). It is sort of like Denzel Washington. When these guys do movies....it's like a must see! Their movies are always great!

Administrator
      is testing new status and mods
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Yep so agree with you! very good combo Love all Denzel Washington's work

Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

'The Other Boleyn Girl', was excellente'...if you like Historical drama - even if you don't, the filming and music is great.

Your Liege,

Nathan

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I saw 'Serpico' for the first time not long ago. Excellent movie and Al Paccino is great there.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

The last Will Smith film I watched was "Hancock" which was funny, an alcoholic superhero crashing into signs and cars and stuff and not caring what he trashed lol. The other movies I have seen him in over the last few years have also been excellent, "The pursuit of happyness" and the brilliant "I am Legend"

Love Al Pacino, Serpico is a great film, I watched Scarface recently for the first time in Years, what a movie

My partner would probably like 'The Other Boleyn Girl' she is into all these period dramas, she loves anything to do with Anne Boleyn or Henry VIII.

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoulChild View Post
      Great!...A movie thread

I think I am in love with Will Smith.....(j/k). It is sort of like Denzel Washington. When these guys do movies....it's like a must see! Their movies are always great!

i totally agree not only with their movies ..but being in love with Will and denzel ..

" BE PRESENT "

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Last night I sow "The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian" and I was kinda disappointed I liked first part, it was a real fairytale and a real movie for kids.

Sure, some things were ridiculous, but since it is a fairytale, anything goes and it was very fun Prince Caspian is much darker, I know C.S.Lewis and Tolkien were friends and he didn't like Lewis's first book, so yes I can kinda feel that in Prince Caspian. Prince Caspian in my opinion is a strange mix of old Narnia and Lord of the Rings. I also checkout out some of future Narnia books and it does not go any better, in fact it gets weirder and weirder and I don't like it. Idea was good, but writer kinda ruined spirit of first book when he decided to play Tolkien and trying to replicate his mystical world as his own. Also, I think they chose wrong guy for the part, of well.. Only thing I like about movie are "mice" LOL I hope someone else will liked this movie...

On the other hand, I liked last two James Bond movies I also sow recently :P

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I went to see Madagascar 2 with my 7 years old godson... as a X-mass present to him... I was relentless at first... it's been a while since I saw an animated movie... but that movie was quite funny and I enjoyed as much as my godson... loved those pinguins .
      Nothing to say... silence is just beautiful

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Samael View Post
      Prince Caspian in my opinion is a strange mix of old Narnia and Lord of the Rings. I also checkout out some of future Narnia books and it does not go any better, in fact it gets weirder and weirder and I don't like it. Idea was good, but writer kinda ruined spirit of first book when he decided to play Tolkien and trying to replicate his mystical world as his own.
      I haven't seen any Chronicles of Narnia movies... because I saw Eragon and right after I saw it I realize that after LOTR every movie about mystical worlds will not be good enough... but Harry Potter's... I loooove all those movies.. can't wait for the next Harry Potter movie btw.
      Nothing to say... silence is just beautiful

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by stresslessgirl View Post
      I haven't seen any Chronicles of Narnia movies... because I saw Eragon and right after I saw it I realize that after LOTR every movie about mystical worlds will not be good enough... but Harry Potter's... I loooove all those movies.. can't wait for the next Harry Potter movie btw.
      I know what you mean LOTR was a huge hit and we all expected more movies in the genre, but with Narnia its different, because first book or movie is for kids and its really interesting. Other Narnia books and movie sequel are not, its something weird. Harry Potter is good, I only read last two books and I liked them a lot Yes, last two books are a bit darker then previous movie, but very exciting. I remember reading them in just a few days when ever I could get any time. Movies will be good I think, but I don't like why they divided last movie into two ? I'd prefer one 3,5 h movie lol

I think first Narnia movie or even better a book is really cool and its a good thing to check it out with you godson

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samael View Post
      Last night I sow "The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian" and I was kinda disappointed I liked first part, it was a real fairytale and a real movie for kids.

Sure, some things were ridiculous, but since it is a fairytale, anything goes and it was very fun Prince Caspian is much darker, I know C.S.Lewis and Tolkien were friends and he didn't like Lewis's first book, so yes I can kinda feel that in Prince Caspian. Prince Caspian in my opinion is a strange mix of old Narnia and Lord of the Rings. I also checkout out some of future Narnia books and it does not go any better, in fact it gets weirder and weirder and I don't like it. Idea was good, but writer kinda ruined spirit of first book when he decided to play Tolkien and trying to replicate his mystical world as his own. Also, I think they chose wrong guy for the part, of well.. Only thing I like about movie are "mice" LOL I hope someone else will liked this movie...

On the other hand, I liked last two James Bond movies I also sow recently :P
      Its a shame they didn't do a film of the first book The Magicians Nephew...I have read all the books several times and it does explain how things came about...also there is another book between the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe...the Horse and his Boy. Unfortunately with Hollywood, they tend to only do the most popular books...look at LOTR...they should have done the Hobbit first as many who haven't read LOTR will get an understanding of the story much better.
      I loved Caspian...thought it was a great version and remember, these are children's books and CS Lewis did tell a great childrens story...loved the Alice books too

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

OH, I LUVRE The Chronicles of Narnia The entire set of the books was giving to me as an X-Mas years ago, and have great pleasure in reading all the books many times over!

I have the BBC version of The Chronicles of Narnia on dvd. The books that became films are The Loin, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. Prince Caspian. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. and The Silver Chair.

Oh, Lorri, I love the The Magician's Nephew, I don't know why I love it so much, but I do!

I can just see the scene where Digory and Polly and Queen Jadis of Charn walk out of the great castle, and survey the cold quiet emptiness of the once great city known as Charn.....*wow*....what an amazing scene....

ps: You may have noticed my location is....Aslan's Country and always will be in my !
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallorri View Post
      Its a shame they didn't do a film of the first book The Magicians Nephew...I have read all the books several times and it does explain how things came about...also there is another book between the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe...the Horse and his Boy. Unfortunately with Hollywood, they tend to only do the most popular books...look at LOTR...they should have done the Hobbit first as many who haven't read LOTR will get an understanding of the story much better.
      I loved Caspian...thought it was a great version and remember, these are children's books and CS Lewis did tell a great childrens story...loved the Alice books too
      I agree. It was same situation with "Star Wars" They began filming from part 4. What was that all about I have no idea. I wish George Lucas would film rest of the books, I'm sure it would be interesting.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Is anybody as excited as me about "Angels and Demons"????? I have the same level of excitement about this movie as all my trekkie friends had about the Star Treck movie (Me: ...meh...), but they all think I'm weird.

This is THE only movie I care to see all summer long!

Also, you can pre-order Dan Brown's third book in this series "The Lost Symbol" on Amazon.com.

To quote Lucid Exposition:

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Oh yes Christopher I am really looking forward to it too. Just the Star Trek one took me back to my childhood!!

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Star Trek was ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!

Seriously seriously good. Was absolutely gripped from the opening frame and surprised at what an emotional wallop it packed. The cast were great. I never thought I'd ever find Captain Kirk so darn hunky! Chris Pine was great and is surely a big star in the making, and I loved Simon Pegg, the guy playing Bones, Uhura and the others (can't remember their names). And it was great to see Leonard Nimoy after all these years - he brought a real dignity and class to it. It was just fantastic. Not only a great Star Trek film (totally unlike any that's preceded it though) but a great film full stop. Perfect blend of action, comedy, suspense and emotion. It absolutely runs rings around the Star Wars prequels. I loved it!
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”
      "The most beautiful and thought-provoking book I have ever read."

is emotionally drained

I am:
      Bemused

Terminator Salvation
      What you allow, is what will continue

is i am U

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Default Angles and Demonds

Just got back from "Angels and Demonds"

http://www.angelsanddemons.com/

After the Da Vinci Code not sure if it was just me but i will leave my comments to myself for now...

V
      Last edited by planetlove; May 17th, 2009 at 10:30 PM.
      This great, Supreme God of all the Gods is limited in one respect: He cannot take Himself out of you , anything or anyone else.You are the projector and the screen ...you are the movie and every player is you ....The Projector - The Bodys eyes ...the screen = the world and the universe you see...Know thy self ...

is i am U

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Exposition View Post
      Star Trek was ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!

Seriously seriously good. Was absolutely gripped from the opening frame and surprised at what an emotional wallop it packed. The cast were great. I never thought I'd ever find Captain Kirk so darn hunky! Chris Pine was great and is surely a big star in the making, and I loved Simon Pegg, the guy playing Bones, Uhura and the others (can't remember their names). And it was great to see Leonard Nimoy after all these years - he brought a real dignity and class to it. It was just fantastic. Not only a great Star Trek film (totally unlike any that's preceded it though) but a great film full stop. Perfect blend of action, comedy, suspense and emotion. It absolutely runs rings around the Star Wars prequels. I loved it!

Saw this flick last night....

twas awesome.....

V
      This great, Supreme God of all the Gods is limited in one respect: He cannot take Himself out of you , anything or anyone else.You are the projector and the screen ...you are the movie and every player is you ....The Projector - The Bodys eyes ...the screen = the world and the universe you see...Know thy self ...