• Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoulChild View Post
      Great!...A movie thread

I think I am in love with Will Smith.....(j/k). It is sort of like Denzel Washington. When these guys do movies....it's like a must see! Their movies are always great!

i totally agree not only with their movies ..but being in love with Will and denzel ..

" BE PRESENT "

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Last night I sow "The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian" and I was kinda disappointed I liked first part, it was a real fairytale and a real movie for kids.

Sure, some things were ridiculous, but since it is a fairytale, anything goes and it was very fun Prince Caspian is much darker, I know C.S.Lewis and Tolkien were friends and he didn't like Lewis's first book, so yes I can kinda feel that in Prince Caspian. Prince Caspian in my opinion is a strange mix of old Narnia and Lord of the Rings. I also checkout out some of future Narnia books and it does not go any better, in fact it gets weirder and weirder and I don't like it. Idea was good, but writer kinda ruined spirit of first book when he decided to play Tolkien and trying to replicate his mystical world as his own. Also, I think they chose wrong guy for the part, of well.. Only thing I like about movie are "mice" LOL I hope someone else will liked this movie...

On the other hand, I liked last two James Bond movies I also sow recently :P

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I went to see Madagascar 2 with my 7 years old godson... as a X-mass present to him... I was relentless at first... it's been a while since I saw an animated movie... but that movie was quite funny and I enjoyed as much as my godson... loved those pinguins .
      Nothing to say... silence is just beautiful

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Samael View Post
      Prince Caspian in my opinion is a strange mix of old Narnia and Lord of the Rings. I also checkout out some of future Narnia books and it does not go any better, in fact it gets weirder and weirder and I don't like it. Idea was good, but writer kinda ruined spirit of first book when he decided to play Tolkien and trying to replicate his mystical world as his own.
      I haven't seen any Chronicles of Narnia movies... because I saw Eragon and right after I saw it I realize that after LOTR every movie about mystical worlds will not be good enough... but Harry Potter's... I loooove all those movies.. can't wait for the next Harry Potter movie btw.
      Nothing to say... silence is just beautiful

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by stresslessgirl View Post
      I haven't seen any Chronicles of Narnia movies... because I saw Eragon and right after I saw it I realize that after LOTR every movie about mystical worlds will not be good enough... but Harry Potter's... I loooove all those movies.. can't wait for the next Harry Potter movie btw.
      I know what you mean LOTR was a huge hit and we all expected more movies in the genre, but with Narnia its different, because first book or movie is for kids and its really interesting. Other Narnia books and movie sequel are not, its something weird. Harry Potter is good, I only read last two books and I liked them a lot Yes, last two books are a bit darker then previous movie, but very exciting. I remember reading them in just a few days when ever I could get any time. Movies will be good I think, but I don't like why they divided last movie into two ? I'd prefer one 3,5 h movie lol

I think first Narnia movie or even better a book is really cool and its a good thing to check it out with you godson

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Last night I sow "The Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian" and I was kinda disappointed I liked first part, it was a real fairytale and a real movie for kids.

Sure, some things were ridiculous, but since it is a fairytale, anything goes and it was very fun Prince Caspian is much darker, I know C.S.Lewis and Tolkien were friends and he didn't like Lewis's first book, so yes I can kinda feel that in Prince Caspian. Prince Caspian in my opinion is a strange mix of old Narnia and Lord of the Rings. I also checkout out some of future Narnia books and it does not go any better, in fact it gets weirder and weirder and I don't like it. Idea was good, but writer kinda ruined spirit of first book when he decided to play Tolkien and trying to replicate his mystical world as his own. Also, I think they chose wrong guy for the part, of well.. Only thing I like about movie are "mice" LOL I hope someone else will liked this movie...

On the other hand, I liked last two James Bond movies I also sow recently :P
      Its a shame they didn't do a film of the first book The Magicians Nephew...I have read all the books several times and it does explain how things came about...also there is another book between the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe...the Horse and his Boy. Unfortunately with Hollywood, they tend to only do the most popular books...look at LOTR...they should have done the Hobbit first as many who haven't read LOTR will get an understanding of the story much better.
      I loved Caspian...thought it was a great version and remember, these are children's books and CS Lewis did tell a great childrens story...loved the Alice books too

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

OH, I LUVRE The Chronicles of Narnia The entire set of the books was giving to me as an X-Mas years ago, and have great pleasure in reading all the books many times over!

I have the BBC version of The Chronicles of Narnia on dvd. The books that became films are The Loin, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. Prince Caspian. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. and The Silver Chair.

Oh, Lorri, I love the The Magician's Nephew, I don't know why I love it so much, but I do!

I can just see the scene where Digory and Polly and Queen Jadis of Charn walk out of the great castle, and survey the cold quiet emptiness of the once great city known as Charn.....*wow*....what an amazing scene....

ps: You may have noticed my location is....Aslan's Country and always will be in my !
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallorri View Post
      Its a shame they didn't do a film of the first book The Magicians Nephew...I have read all the books several times and it does explain how things came about...also there is another book between the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe...the Horse and his Boy. Unfortunately with Hollywood, they tend to only do the most popular books...look at LOTR...they should have done the Hobbit first as many who haven't read LOTR will get an understanding of the story much better.
      I loved Caspian...thought it was a great version and remember, these are children's books and CS Lewis did tell a great childrens story...loved the Alice books too
      I agree. It was same situation with "Star Wars" They began filming from part 4. What was that all about I have no idea. I wish George Lucas would film rest of the books, I'm sure it would be interesting.

Forum Moderator
      is The Dark Knight

I am:
      Geeky

I agree. It was same situation with "Star Wars" They began filming from part 4. What was that all about I have no idea. I wish George Lucas would film rest of the books, I'm sure it would be interesting.
      Simple because George Lucas had to fit and adjust some parts in the storyline concerning the life of Anakin Skywalker.

Also the ideas he had how the first 3 chapters of the whole Star Wars saga should look like was impossible to realize with the technology back then. So he waited with the filming of the first 3 chapters to achieve his goal and to make the movies look as he had in his mind.

is i am U

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Just watched ...."What the #$*! Do We (K)now!?

Highly recommened for our types...
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_th...Do_We_Know!%3F

V
      This great, Supreme God of all the Gods is limited in one respect: He cannot take Himself out of you , anything or anyone else.You are the projector and the screen ...you are the movie and every player is you ....The Projector - The Bodys eyes ...the screen = the world and the universe you see...Know thy self ...

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

I disliked the last 3 star wars films, The acting and dialogue was bad in the first 3 but they were enjoyable stories and groundbreaking special effects at the time, in the new ones it was atrocious Hayden Christensen was awful in the role of Anakin and just spoilt the last two films for me. I think I was expecting too much.

The Phantom Menace was one of the most disappointing films I have ever seen.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

I Watched "Wanted" last night Its about an office clerk who becomes an assassin, It was actually quite good, A lot better than I thought it would be.. a bit far fetched (well actually a lot far fetched in some places) but 2 hours well spent

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Ow Wanted ?...I see it as a waste of talent,the acting prowess of Morgan freeman and Macavoy could've been utilized in a much better way,supported by a good script.....and Angelina Jolie? Supposedly the most beautiful women in the world ? Well she is a victim of her own glamour.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I watched 4 movies since yesterday......

1.BEAUFORT :The film is about an IDF (Israel defence forces)unit stationed at the Beaufort post in Lebanon during the Lebanon conflict,It chronicles the daily routine of a group of soldiers positioned at the Beaufort Castle, their feelings and their fears,....A good movie ,But i am a bit surprised though about it's nomination for Oscars .

2.CITY OF WOMEN :It's an Italian movie about a man who gets lost in a city full of women with ideologies of feminism,interesting mix of eroticism,fiction and a bit of madness

3.ZODIAC :Based on actual events during the 60's,It's about the hunt for a serial killer whom they could never catch even with all those letters he sent to the police giving details of how he committed those crimes........The case is unsolved.

4.SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE :Set in Mumbai ,it's about a guy from the slums of mumbai who goes on to win 20 million rupees in a game show and how he does it.........A very good movie

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Zodiac is an excellent movie. Actually all of David fincher's movies are great. cant wait to see the curious case of Benjamin Button.

On a different note - Dissaster! I read that Eddie Murphy is going to play the Riddler in the new Batman. Too bad Johnny Depp decided to play in Tim Burton's Alice in wonderland instead. I hope Murphy wont suck too much...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I'm with Gollum on the "Wanted" bandwagon. I absolutely loved this movie, in fact I bought the deluxe DVD set for it. I just took it at face value, nothing deep at all and totally enjoyed every minute of it.

I really enjoyed "Shooter" with Mark Wahlberg. I find I like quite a few of his movies, although I haven't seen all of them, so probably shouldn't generalize.

I have a few Canadian recommendations for stories - no action, big effects etc, just good story telling. "The Stone Angel" is an adaptation of a novel (I might add I can't stand to read her stuff), but made me think of my own life. "Normal" was also an interesting movie - it's about the stories of the people after a drunk driving killing. I can't use the word "accident" when it comes to drunk drivers. It follows the family of the boy is murdered, his close friend and the family dynamics there, the guy who murdered him and how he deals with the aftermath. Really sad, but really insightful and true to life.

For good fun and sing-a-long, nothing beats "Mama Mia" for me at the moment. A totally fun movie.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

APPALOOSA : Ed harris and his deputy Vigo mortensson is hired by the authorities of the town of Appaloosa to deal with the menace of a killer...all's well until the arrival of this filthy whore with her sinister plans to break the relationship of Ed harris and his friend,using her sex as the weapon.....but they are real wise men who don't fall prey to her........Damn he should've blown her head off as soon as he finds her with the villain....well that was my first reaction to that scene but there's more to it......A good movie,was worth my time and money.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Plan to watch Dead Set tonight, a made for TV movie. Seen it before but its worth a second watch, It is Big Brother with Zombies, , The usual crowd of wannabees go into the house and the rest of the UK turns into the walking dead. Its eviction night and the crowd outside turn into zombies and start attacking the Big Brother compound trying to get into the house. very funny... the producer of the show is hilarious

Trailer here

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Currently watching Independence day, as over the top, popcorn Sci Fi movies go there's few better, I love it

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Saw 'Sideways' recently, a great movie about two friends going to wineyards in the States. It made me want to drink more ... wine.
      I would really love to kiss you but I just ... shaved my hair.