• Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Saw Hereafter with Matt Damon the other night. I loved this film that was directed by Clint Eastwood. It was very sensitively done from the perspective of three different people and how they come to know a truth.
      Worth a look.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Sanctum

Watched this James Cameron film last night, a great movie, a lot better than I thought it was going to be..

An underwater cave diving team experiences a life-threatening crisis during an expedition to the unexplored and least accessible cave system in the world.

Also seen this recently which is very funny

Paul

Two British comic-book geeks traveling across the U.S. encounter an alien outside Area 51.

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Default Recommend: Not Worth Watching - The Green Hornet.

Okay ... you guys know, I love recommending cool and worthwhile films to watch and I like watching silly, cheezy and stupid films!

But today I find myself reommending to you NOT to watch the movie The Green Hornet.

The Green Hornet and I am sorry to be so honest here ... but it is a stupid film and a waste of time.

But, if you want to watch a bad movie just for fun and to kill time then I would recommend The Green Hornet to you, but I would not recommend it to put it politely.

Jeez, what a stupid film!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is curious.

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
      .... today I find myself reommending to you NOT to watch the movie The Green Hornet.
      ... it is a stupid film and a waste of time.
      Thank you for the heads up. I suspected as much.....

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran View Post
      Saw Hereafter with Matt Damon the other night. I loved this film that was directed by Clint Eastwood. It was very sensitively done from the perspective of three different people and how they come to know a truth.
      Worth a look.
      I was meaning to watch this film... just because Clint Eastwood directed it, I love him as a director and and actor as well, now I surely will watch it, thanks so much for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Narnia View Post

But today I find myself reommending to you NOT to watch the movie The Green Hornet.

Jeje... I also suspected that... thank for the advice.. there are some movies that are a waste of our time... I went with my family to the movie theater days ago, they wanted to watch The Hangover 2... I never saw the first one ... what a surprise (not really) I found myself wanted to go away 30 minutes after it started.... should have known that I did not even like the trailer XD.

I'm like a child wanting to see the last Harry Potter movie... I'm looking forward to it so eagerly
      Nothing to say... silence is just beautiful

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by mary
      I'm like a child wanting to see the last Harry Potter movie... I'm looking forward to it so eagerly
      Me too Mary!! Harry Potter! Harry Potter! Harry Potter!! It would be so much fun to go together!!
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Awe, but I liked "The Green Hornet"! It was nice to get away from all the poorly written drama associated with the earlier (and still to come) super hero movies--like "Thor". I thought it was a great comedy and fun to watch. I can't wait for the last Harry Potter to come out so I'll stop hearing of it. Bleh. :]
      "Man is a mystery. It needs to be unravelled; and if you spend your whole life unravelling it, don't say you've wasted time. I am studying that mystery because I want to be a human being." -Fyodor Dostoevsky.

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
      Awe, but I liked "The Green Hornet"! It was nice to get away from all the poorly written drama associated with the earlier (and still to come) super hero movies--like "Thor". I thought it was a great comedy and fun to watch. I can't wait for the last Harry Potter to come out so I'll stop hearing of it. Bleh. :]
      *he-he* ... over the years (with the fortune of having Netflix at my finger tips) I've been able to watch a number of really really good films, so I've come to have set standards as to what makes a good drama, a good horror, a good cheezy-dorky film is .... and I fear The Green Hornet did not make it into my own personal bracket of what makes a good cheezy film. But, like I said if you want to watch a fun and really cheezy movie ... it's a good one to watch, with a huge bowl of popcorn and on a rainy night (okay ... I added that latter half)!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it though ... the remending quality of The Green Hornet is the charatcer Kato ... I enjoyed his cool, calm, smart, humour, martial arts talented character very much!

As for Harry Potter ... well, I'm not as much of a HP junkie like my sister, I've read all the books once, and have watched the all the films at least once!
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I saw the last Harry Potter film last night and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it!! Definitely worth a watch although bring a hankie!! lol

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

I saw the last Harry Potter film last night and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it!! Definitely worth a watch although bring a hankie!! lol
      Ooooh-wha!!

Can't wait to see Harry Potter with my sister tomorrow night!! And thanks for the tip Lorri, I'll be sure to stuff a few hankies in my bag!
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I was planning to go to the movie theater some day this week, so have to find the time to do it... thanks so much for the advice... so sure I will get teary eyes...

Bless you
      Nothing to say... silence is just beautiful

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I fell way behind with the Harry Potters - I think the last one I saw was number 5 and I wasn't impressed with it so never got around to seeing the others but one of these days I will catch up!

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

Default Vision: From the Life of Hildegard von Bingen.

This film and what Hildegard von Bingen stood for reminded me very much of MW.
      Ancient Wisdoms, Enlightenments, Seeking Truths, Healing Powers and Unconditional Love.

For those of you who have Netflix instant play ... click the link below to watch the film.

For the rest of you, well, you'll just have to find a way to rent it!

Enjoy!!

Vision: From the Life of Hildegard von Bingen
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is emotionally drained

I am:
      Bemused

Do we have any Horror Buffs in here?!?
      What you allow, is what will continue

is curious.

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by inutero View Post
      Do we have any Horror Buffs in here?!?
      I am one, though I often go long stretches without watching anything from that genre.
      I have actually watched quite a few this week, since U.S. television has upped the ante for Halloween.
      I did manage to catch John Carpenter's Halloween (1978), plus two of its lesser-quality sequels.
      I also caught a good chunk of James Whale's great Bride of Frankenstein (1935).

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I just sow Batman Year One and I like it very much. I'm not into comic books, but I like good animation. Also, those who liked Batman Begins movie, should like this cartoon as well, because I read somewhere that this was the original idea for that movie.

As for Green Hornet, I liked it, I wouldn't watch it again, but it was OK, I don't know/

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I watched Thor yesterday. I had heard it was really good and it garnered some impressive reviews so I had high hopes.

It started off really well!! But sadly the moment Thor was dispatched to Earth it lost the plot and didn't recover it. Switching between the high fantasy realm of Asgard and the sub-par Crocodile Dundee-type shenanigans on Earth was really...jarring. The characterisation was poor and the 'romance' was woeful, I can't believe we were expected to believe there was some kind of meaningful bond between Thor and Natalie Portman's character.

I mean it's entertaining...but just the usual standard Hollywood nonsense. Superficially entertaining but really flawed...packed with CGI (some impressive - such as the static cityscapes but some of it really quite poor and computer game-ish - particularly when in motion as in the battle scenes), probably scripted by a committee to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. I really wanted to like it so much more than I did. *sigh*

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I remember few weeks ago, friend asked what I tought of Green Lantern movie and only honest thing I coild say was "If I was 12 I would freaken love it". I remember I really loved these movies once..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStar View Post
      I watched Thor yesterday. I had heard it was really good and it garnered some impressive reviews so I had high hopes.

It started off really well!! But sadly the moment Thor was dispatched to Earth it lost the plot and didn't recover it. Switching between the high fantasy realm of Asgard and the sub-par Crocodile Dundee-type shenanigans on Earth was really...jarring. The characterisation was poor and the 'romance' was woeful, I can't believe we were expected to believe there was some kind of meaningful bond between Thor and Natalie Portman's character.

I mean it's entertaining...but just the usual standard Hollywood nonsense. Superficially entertaining but really flawed...packed with CGI (some impressive - such as the static cityscapes but some of it really quite poor and computer game-ish - particularly when in motion as in the battle scenes), probably scripted by a committee to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. I really wanted to like it so much more than I did. *sigh*

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samael View Post
      I remember few weeks ago, friend asked what I tought of Green Lantern movie and only honest thing I coild say was "If I was 12 I would freaken love it". I remember I really loved these movies once..
      You've probably hit the nail on the head there. When you're 12 you don't scrutinise things like plot and characterisation (although you still get a sense when they're too 'off'). Part of the problem is probably that as a writer myself and having read and learned so much about crafting plots and developing characters...I'm unconsciously deconstructing every film I watch. Wish I could switch off my brain more easily!

is I always wanted to be a
      wizard.

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

don't miss to see this romantic comedy... I'm sure all will enjoy....
      I Spread My Wings Over The Universe