• Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread

is i am U

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

SHERLOCK HOLMES

Saw this on xmas day .....
      I really liked it ....and im sure you will also ...

preview in the link...
      http://sherlock-holmes-movie.warnerbros.com/
      This great, Supreme God of all the Gods is limited in one respect: He cannot take Himself out of you , anything or anyone else.You are the projector and the screen ...you are the movie and every player is you ....The Projector - The Bodys eyes ...the screen = the world and the universe you see...Know thy self ...

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by planetlove View Post
      SHERLOCK HOLMES

Saw this on xmas day .....
      I really liked it ....and im sure you will also ...

preview in the link...
      http://sherlock-holmes-movie.warnerbros.com/
      I am soooo tempted to this in the theatre .... because .... well .... okay I'll admit it ..... I am kinda smitten for a certain Robert Downey Jr ... there I said it!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Avatar

I saw this over Christmas and have to say it so deserves all the awards its up for! The story is magical, the cinematography is fantastic and what else can i say about this film...other than....

WHY HAVEN'T YOU SEEN IT YET????? lol

Seriously...worth three hours of anyone's time!

HUGS
      Lorri

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran View Post
      I saw this over Christmas and have to say it so deserves all the awards its up for! The story is magical, the cinematography is fantastic and what else can i say about this film...other than....

WHY HAVEN'T YOU SEEN IT YET????? lol

Seriously...worth three hours of anyone's time!

HUGS
      Lorri
      I was thinking of going to see it for my birthday. Don't go to the cinema much, partly because it's a bit away and also because its so expensive now (when it costs as much to get a cinema ticket as to actually own the film somethings wrong!).

I have a couple of questions though....what's with the 3D thing? Do you get those 3D glasses at the cinema? Don't know how that works! And also, what is the level of violence in the film? I hate watching violence and am very strict about which films I watch because of it. I don't care if that makes me sound like an old grandad, its a good rule for me. I can just about cope with the battle scenes in Lord of the Rings but wouldn't want anything in excess of that. I've heard that while the first part of Avatar is a bit of a bloodbath.
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”
      "The most beautiful and thought-provoking book I have ever read."

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStar View Post
      I was thinking of going to see it for my birthday. Don't go to the cinema much, partly because it's a bit away and also because its so expensive now (when it costs as much to get a cinema ticket as to actually own the film somethings wrong!).

I have a couple of questions though....what's with the 3D thing? Do you get those 3D glasses at the cinema? Don't know how that works! And also, what is the level of violence in the film? I hate watching violence and am very strict about which films I watch because of it. I don't care if that makes me sound like an old grandad, its a good rule for me. I can just about cope with the battle scenes in Lord of the Rings but wouldn't want anything in excess of that. I've heard that while the first part of Avatar is a bit of a bloodbath.
      Hmm...I wouldn't say bloodbath but I would say that its only a low certificate so its not too explicit and also is a necessary part of the film showing a war scene...highllighting man's penchant for violence as a mean's to an end. Its definitely not worse than what you would have seen in LOTR Rory. The 3d effects make it even more....I loved it in 3D so did Martin....and yes, we got the glasses from the cinema but they weren't the old paper ones...these were like proper sunglasses and much more comfortable to wear! There are scenes with the aliens and thier world that are just spectacular in 3D!!

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Thanks Lorri that's very helpful I will probably be seeing it at the weekend. I will let you know what I think. Excited
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Loved Avatar!! A real cinematic experience, breathtaking from start to finish. Now, it's not a perfect film, I can see why the critics have been a bit reticent in their praise...the plot is thin and very familiar and the characters aren't nearly as three-dimensional as they look (ironic!), but the film really comes alive in its incredible attention to detail, direction, and effects. I don't think I've ever seen a better and more vital depiction of an alien world in cinema. I didn't know what to expect from the 3D but it was incredible...it was almost like being IN the film. Extremely immersive. Makes me wonder how long before we'll actually have holodecks like in Star Trek! Definitely a film to be seen in the cinema in 3D. My initial reaction is still the best: WOW!

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I am so glad you enjoyed it Rory! I loved the new world and all it stood for..the way the 3D gave us the chance to almost 'be there' with them! I understand what you mean about the weaknesses but what a visual treat!

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I am so glad you enjoyed it Rory! I loved the new world and all it stood for..the way the 3D gave us the chance to almost 'be there' with them! I understand what you mean about the weaknesses but what a visual treat!
      Oh yes, and I loved the messages and depth that was presented by the alien species...the interconnectedness and oneness of life, being attuned and aware of our connection to the natural world. It presented a very real portal to spirituality that I think many will have found accessible, or which may have planted the seeds of some kind of awakening. That was probably what i liked most about it. It was subtle, but I was so glad to see that message and undercurrent there. I didn't think James Cameron had it in him actually, LOL, I was muchly impressed

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

I understand it's been out a while, both versions...
      The Day The Earth Stood Still
      Good message.

Growth Through Adversity

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

The Story of the
      Weeping Camel

Netflix synopsis reads out as ...

The Story of the Weeping Camel. This unique documentary follows a Mongolian camel that's rejected her newborn white colt. Now, all hope lies with two young shepherd boys, who must travel across the Gobi desert to find a healing musician. Will the violinist's ritual do the trick? This Oscar-nominated film moves beyond its narrative structure to offer a keenly observed portrait of nomadic herders who are preserving an ancient way of life.

Length: 87 mins
      Genre: Documentry

In my own words: This intimate film is truly a beautiful insight into the Mongolian life, for both Humans and Animals, and how they coexist together, in the harsh and the ever unforgiving environment of the Gobi. If you have patience, an appreciation for indie and documentry films and have an open mind ... you will truly enjoy the profound subtleties of the Human and Animal Spirit.

Highly recommended for my fellow MW-ers!
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Thanks Polly I will have to check that out.

I have another recommendation: THE MAN FROM EARTH.

This award-winning film, released a couple of years ago, was written by renowned sci-fi writer Jerome Bixby who wrote episodes of the original Star Trek and Twilight Zone. This manuscript was completed on his death bed and its a remarkable film. It was filmed on a tight budget and although it is basically just a handful of characters in a room talking, it's extremely well-written and very compelling, without ever once starting to get dull.

It's a sci-fi fantasy about an immortal man who had lived on earth since the stone age, and has witnessed the incredible changes the world has undergone. His perspectives on culture and religion make for an intelligent, captivating and thought-provoking film. There are some incredible and controversial twists which make the film quite remarkable (although some Christians might find their noses a bit out of joint). I definitely recommend it highly, if you are like me and like your sci-fi intelligent, thought-provoking and philosophical, then you'll love this. Immediately become one of my favourite films

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Man_from_Earth

is I always wanted to be a
      wizard.

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I've seen a lot of very good movies in last 3 months...
      Avatar mesmerised me completely...

SHERLOCK HOLMES - I liked all movie, picture, costumes all scenography is amazing but story I didn't find anything special

Wolf-man - I didn't like even I leave cinema before finished.

Edge of Darkness - I recommend to see fro all who like good action movie, and for who Mel Gibson

The Princess and The Frog - I liked cos I like cartoons...and it's very good made as well as Fantastic Mr Fox...who like cartoons will enjoy I'm sure
      I Spread My Wings Over The Universe

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

The Snow Walker

Netflix.com synopsis reads out as ...

The Snow Walker: Barry Pepper stars in this survivalist adventure as cocky, hotheaded bush pilot Charlie Halliday, who agrees to transport a critically ill Inuit woman (Annabella Piugattuk) to a Yellowknife hospital during a routine stop on a supply run. The pair face dire consequences when their plane goes down in the Arctic tundra, leaving them marooned -- and facing the brutality of the looming northern winter.

Length: 109mins.

In my own words: This is a beautiful story of transformation in the Human Spirit whichs takes place in the high tundra of the breath taking Northwest Territories. Two strangers come together, an ex-WW2 pilot is on a supply run when agrees to help a sick Inuit woman. When their planes crashes ... they are forced to live and sruvive together. The companionship they build is one that is Life altering for both .... a truly beautiful and sweet film of the Human Spirit's journey.

In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

Default The Ugly Truth.

The Ugly Truth!! If you want a good laugh and enjoy a bit of a romantic comedy then this is for you!! I didn't stop laughing all the way through...had a sore jaw and stomach from laughing!!!
      Very adult material so no children please!!!
      *he-he* .... Just watched this last night on Netflix .... definitely a funny movie be prepared for a very good and long laughing session!!! I'll probably end up watching it again!! Thanks for the recommendation Lorri!!
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

Netflx synopsis reads out as ...

What are Dreams?
      The stuff of dreams -- not just the content, but the circuitry and neurological coding, too -- is the subject of this penetrating "Nova" inquiry into the most mystifying of human activities. Researchers are taking a variety of investigative tacks, from "eavesdropping" on sleeping rats to methodical studies of thousands of dreams, in an effort to fill in the blanks of understanding. Their findings give tantalizing glimpses of the mind at rest.

Length: 60 mins.

Highly, highly recommended to my fellow MW-ers!!
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
      *he-he* .... Just watched this last night on Netflix .... definitely a funny movie be prepared for a very good and long laughing session!!! I'll probably end up watching it again!! Thanks for the recommendation Lorri!!
      Glad you enjoyed it Polly!! Loved the scene in the restaurant!!!

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

Loved the scene in the restaurant!!!
      Oh yes!! (no pun intended) .... *he-he* .... that was a really great scene too!! .... and yep - I particularly liked the tree/cat/bath towel scene too ..... *wink-wink*
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

Just got back from seeing this at the movie house ....

... Tim Burton's ...

Alice in Wonderland
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I loved Alice! Not one of Burton's greatest, but still an excellent one.
      Also, i think i hate Anne Hathaway.
      Also(2), the actress that played Alice sucked.
      But all-in-all i still enjoyed it. Helena Bonham-Carter was great as the queen of hearts and Johnny Depp was brilliant as usual.