• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Movie Thread

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Watched 'Notorious' Last night...it was okay, but, they didn't pick an actor that looked like Sean Puffy Combs...everyone else looked that part. I just didn't get that?

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Saw New Moon on Saturday night (Twilight Saga) and enjoyed this so much more than the first one!
      It was more in line with the book and it was obvious there was a bigger budget as well as cast with this one!
      Thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

is i am U

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallorri View Post
      Saw New Moon on Saturday night (Twilight Saga) and enjoyed this so much more than the first one!
      It was more in line with the book and it was obvious there was a bigger budget as well as cast with this one!
      Thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

I went to see this movie last night ...
      In my opinion it started off slow then it got better ...
      the acting was poor ...
      but in the end i still give it 3.5 outa 5 ...

V
      This great, Supreme God of all the Gods is limited in one respect: He cannot take Himself out of you , anything or anyone else.You are the projector and the screen ...you are the movie and every player is you ....The Projector - The Bodys eyes ...the screen = the world and the universe you see...Know thy self ...

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Watched 2012 last night, good film, Has got to be watched in the movie theatre as the special effects are just amazing..

This is the first 3D film I have really wanted to see, out in december It looks fantastic

AVATAR takes us to a spectacular world beyond imagination, where a reluctant hero embarks on an epic adventure, ultimately fighting to save the alien world he has learned to call home

Also Looking forward to seing Twilight New Moon, I enjoyed the first one...

So many good movies coming out

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

"The Gate To The Mind's Eye" c. 1994
      Computer animation set to the soundtrack by Thomas Dolby. It gives you a good idea of how far things have actually come in such a short period of time with regard to computer animation. This comes from the time when I was doing computer animation.
      Here's a clip entitled "Big Bang Backwards".
      Thomas Dolby

Growth Through Adversity

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I watched Planet of the Apes again. This time it was the 2001 version. I am liking this.......

As you guys may know, we had this movie thread on the EMB, and Gen was talking about Planet of the Apes, and we kind of made fun of it like as if it were a boring movie. and the truth was that I've never seen it...I just always assumed it was boring and never watched it. So, I promised her and others that one day I would watch it......so, now I am hooked..but, it comes on randomly...here and there, so I try to catch it, and I always tend to catch it on the late night tip. so, also, when I finished watching it, I then watched a documentary about Palestanian rappers....anyone seen this? It was awesome! Amazing! and as a black American, we know why we started hip hop. We wanted our voiced to be heard. And now adays, its mostly about bragging and women. But, in the doc, the Palestanians were explaining how they didn't even understand English, but when looking at the videos, they knew what we were talking about...they knew we were fighting a fight...they knew we were a voice that wanted to be heard...they knew we were telling a story they wanted the world to hear. And now they are following suite. the only thing that concerns me is that now a days, I don't think the average rapper even knows the effect we have on the planet. Rap can be a powerful tool...we need to start using it again in the way we intended in the beginning. I was very pleased with the documentary...but, they even were wearing their pants sagging. Us females well maybe I should say more mature females...we don't like that. We like the music, but the pants sagging thing....I sort of hate that we are influencing other children in other countries to wear thier clothes like that...because the thought is that the idea of pants sagging and clothes to large came from slavery days because the clothes didn't fit, and we couldn't have belts...which also represent prison attire........so, I think and wish rappers would be more responsible because obviously, rap is all over the world, and can be a tool to send a message...so, lets open our ears and eyes again....even above the sagging pants....LOL

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Ink

Netflix synopsis reads out as ...

Ink: Late one night, a lost soul named Ink snatches 8-year-old Emma (Quinn Hunchar) into the world of dreams. There, he hopes to use her soul to join the ranks of the evil Incubi. In the real world, Emma lies comatose, to the despair of her father, John (Chris Kelly). But the Incubi's benevolent opposites -- the Storytellers -- rally to help Emma, motivating John to wage war for his daughter. Jessica Duffy co-stars in this dark fable.

Length: 102 mins.
      Genres: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Sci-Fi Thriller.
      Year: 2009
      Director: Jamin Winans

Definitely a 'food for thought' film ....

Ink
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Watched 2012 last night, good film, Has got to be watched in the movie theatre as the special effects are just amazing..
      Superb special effects......If not seen in theaters then don't bother watching it on dvd !

This is the first 3D film I have really wanted to see, out in december It looks fantastic
      AVATAR takes us to a spectacular world beyond imagination, where a reluctant hero embarks on an epic adventure, ultimately fighting to save the alien world he has learned to call home
      I have a gut feeling that this movie would be a bummer

Also Looking forward to seing Twilight New Moon, I enjoyed the first one...
      What's the fuss all about Twilight ? saw the first one few days back........to simply put it,it simply doesn't deserve to be talked about so much......I understand the book was good but to me the movie is !

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
      What's the fuss all about Twilight ? saw the first one few days back........to simply put it,it simply doesn't deserve to be talked about so much......I understand the book was good but to me the movie is !
      I have to agree with you about the first film after I had seen the second one. The second one is far better with a bigger budget and much closer to the book!

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

Tropic Thunder

Tropic Thunder: Play Preview In the spirit of Apocalypse Now and Platoon, this combat film send-up from director-star Ben Stiller tracks a group of actors who are forced to become real-life soldiers when they're abandoned in the jungles of Southeast Asia. The all-star cast includes Robert Downey Jr. (in an Oscar-nominated role), Jack Black, Matthew McConaughey and Nick Nolte, with an unrecognizable (and Golden Globe–nominated) Tom Cruise playing a crude movie mogul.

Length: 120 mins.
      Genres: Comedy, Showbiz Comedies, Spoofs and Satire.
      Year: 2008.
      Director: Ben Stiller.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some say this film is on the egde of being in 'poor taste' ... but in retrospect, having watched it a while ago - it is so worth watching because of Robert Downey Jr's performance.

Be warned: there is swearing and some violent scenes in the trailor ... if it is found to be too offensive to anyone ... please let me know by PM and I will remove it. Thanks.

In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post

Tropic Thunder

Tropic Thunder: Play Preview In the spirit of Apocalypse Now and Platoon, this combat film send-up from director-star Ben Stiller tracks a group of actors who are forced to become real-life soldiers when they're abandoned in the jungles of Southeast Asia. The all-star cast includes Robert Downey Jr. (in an Oscar-nominated role), Jack Black, Matthew McConaughey and Nick Nolte, with an unrecognizable (and Golden Globe–nominated) Tom Cruise playing a crude movie mogul.

Length: 120 mins.
      Genres: Comedy, Showbiz Comedies, Spoofs and Satire.
      Year: 2008.
      Director: Ben Stiller.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some say this film is on the egde of being in 'poor taste' ... but in retrospect, having watched it a while ago - it is so worth watching because of Robert Downey Jr's performance.

Be warned: there is swearing and some violent scenes in the trailor ... if it is found to be too offensive to anyone ... please let me know by PM and I will remove it. Thanks.

Oh I loved this Polly!! I haven't laughed as much for a long time! There are some pretty cool cameo roles in it too!!
      And a film is always worth watching when Robert Downey Jr is in it!! sigh....

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Ink
      Oh no......

is i am U

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

The Labrinth -
      I bought this movie on Blue Ray Disc ...
      I remember it from my childhood days...
      It was great to watch again....

This great, Supreme God of all the Gods is limited in one respect: He cannot take Himself out of you , anything or anyone else.You are the projector and the screen ...you are the movie and every player is you ....The Projector - The Bodys eyes ...the screen = the world and the universe you see...Know thy self ...

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by planetlove View Post
      The Labrinth -
      I bought this movie on Blue Ray Disc ...
      I remember it from my childhood days...
      It was great to watch again....

I absolutely adore the imagination in this film ....

*he-he* I even have the soundtrack!
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

Deepa Mehta - Trilogy

Fire: Two Hindu women struggle with loveless, arranged marriages: Sita (Nandita Das), who discovers that her husband (Javed Jaffrey) has a mistress, and her sister-in-law, Radha (Shabana Azmi), who cannot give birth. As the lukewarm coals of their long-term relationships fade, the women ignite passion in their lives by finding comfort in each other. Director Deepa Mehta's drama is supposedly the first Indian film about lesbians.

Length: 104 mins

Water: After losing her husband to illness, 8-year-old Chuyia (Sarala) is forced to live out the rest of her days in a temple for Hindu widows, communing with 14 other women and a cruel headmistress who agrees to take her in. But it's through the trials of another widow, a beautiful prostitute named Kalyani (Lisa Ray) who's being courted by a man from a higher caste (John Abraham), that Chuyia learns the true restrictions of widowhood.

Length: 117 mins.

Earth: Play Preview Deepa Mehta directed this stirring tale -- the second movie in a trilogy preceded by Fire and followed by Water -- about the religious and civil wars that broke out in India and Pakistan in the 1947 battle to gain independence from the British. Earth is based on the autobiographical novel Cracking India by Bapsi Sidhwa and is told through the eyes of a little girl, Lenny (Maia Sethna), who has one leg in a brace.

Length: 101 mins.

In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Must admit I hated Tropic Thunder, even though I thought I'd love it. Robert Downey Jr was fantastic, but it was just in really bad taste and not funny enough to justify that (i'm not normally that easily offended either). The best bit of course was the trailer for a film about gay monks at the beginning, featuring none other than 'Sadeness' as the theme music!
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”
      "The most beautiful and thought-provoking book I have ever read."

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

.. i agree The Labrynth is a classic .. especially with David Bowie as the Goblin King ..wow what a title to have under your belt .. youre out and a kid points at you " look DAD thats the Goblin KING!! " and Robert Downey Jnr ..wow what talent ..hes deep in the spiritual way .. special .

Attachment 401

this is my all time favourite ..i saw it at the theatre when i was lil ..and now my girls love it too ..awwww

" BE PRESENT "

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

DISTRICT 9

This is the next level in movies on Aliens.......Very different from all other movies i've seen,in this we humans segregate and shelter the Aliens......The movie itself is fast paced like a one long trailer......It's all just the beginning ,the movie ends well set for many sequels to follow !

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Stargazer...I saw District 9! Excellent film and very reminiscent of the apartheid era in South Africa.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I saw Avatar last night and I have to say...I want to see it again! This was so worth three hours of my time to watch and what a beautiful cinematic experience! We saw it in 3D and it is excellent and I cried a few times during the story but oh how it showed manking up for its need to strip resources from places!!
      Wonderful and completely recommend this film!