• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Little Life Lessons

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Question Little Life Lessons

I wasn't really sure where to post this thread, but I hope that I didn't make too much of a mistake. Last night I talked about this with a friend on Facebook which helped a lot (I don't want to name this person for privacy reasons) and I was thinking maybe to post the thread about it here, hear what people think and have to say..

Story goes like this. I meet a couple of friends last night, two to be more exact, we haven't seen each other for a while and it was GREAT to catch up with them. I LOVE these two guys, best friends in the world. We are all kind of successful in what we do, but I'm kind of behind them. Last night, they told me some things they were doing, one of my friends is going to Boson for 6 months. I has VERY HAPPY for this person and not jealous at all. However, it did made me think and be a bit down last night and even a bit today. They are going new and exciting things and I'm still, "standing still", still kinda getting to know myself and what I want. The truth is they are my friends and I am not and don't want to be a jealous type, but the worst thing is that I don't feel as much jealousy as much as I feel like I'm doing everything wrong and being basically a failure..

"Facebooking" last night with this other friend made me look at the situation in a different light, made me feel much better, but I was wondering how do people in general deal with this. I mean, I know intellectually what is the best thing to do and behave, but that doesn't help that bad feeling in my belly I've been having for a while..

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Hey Samael ... long time, no see, my friend! Always great to have you back here posting such interesting topics!!

Your thread is in a fine location, though you always have the option of having it moved to a private place if, you'd prefer. (Just send me a pm if, you do.)

It's always hard deciphering ones feelings in these sorts of things because there is so much involved, especially when it comes to close friends and when you're all setting out on your own new adventures. Right now, I can only venture to say ... don't let yourself think you're a failure because you're 'standing still' and that your friends are doing new things ... if I remember rightly, you're still in University? And that's you're current focus, studying.

Knowing how you feel is one thing, but understanding why is another, and until you fully understand why, I think your 'bad' feeling will remain unsorted ... remember, life is full of choices and the answers are within you (always).

I hope what I said makes some sense and brings you some solace. I certainly wish you peace of mind, my friend!
      Last edited by Narnia; October 18th, 2012 at 08:03 PM.
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Thanks ) Yes, I only have one more exam to get my Masters and I'm also doing some research for PhD and stiff like that. I had some time yesterday to think true everything and I guess that it was a normal reaction, but it is true when people say we all our own paths in life and who knows what great and exciting things wait any of us, maybe even tomorrow or 2 hours from now, you never know what new day brings. I am proud of myself that I was not consumed with jealousy or feel much of it at all to be honest, more some kind of imaginary fear I guess. I wouldn't worry about keeping this thread private, my friends don't know a lot about my "online life", they don't even have Facebook, but we are really good with each other, we may even talk about this, there is no taboo subject is what I always say.