• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Mending and Healing wounded Friendships ...

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Default Mending and Healing wounded Friendships ...

A passing random thought I just had, which I felt deserved a thread for discussion ...

Throughout our lives we forge countless friendships, some friendships last a whole Life-Time and even go beyond death, while other friendships come to be, grow into something special and then frizzle out along the way ...

My random thought was ... in the case of strong Friendships that have 'a connection', which have become wounded or have had a 'falling out' of sorts; meaning the Friendship is still there in a way, but the dynamics of it have changed drastically ....

'How does one go about mending and healing a wounded Friendship'?

What are some of the thoughts that go through your mind, what lengths are you willing to go when it becomes clear to you that you want or would like to save and or maintain the friendship, how do you start again, how do you see 'eye to eye' again like before, what do you do to keep the 'connection' alive and strong ... for whatever reasons.

I am curious to know of your thoughts on the subject.

Thank you!

ps: I will add my thoughts later on ...
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Forum Moderator
      is The Dark Knight

I am:
      Geeky

It all depends on what happened in the friendship and what situation it's gotten in to.

I had friendships that became wounded/falling out and I just let it be for what it is, not trying to mend or heal the friendship because I knew and know it would/will turn out the same all over again in the end. I moved on.
      I also have to mention that I tried to heal and mend friendships, putting all my energy in it and came to know that the energy I put in it was just wasted and a waste of time.

Again... it all depends on what happened and in what situation it's gotten in to. If people who claim to be your friends or want to be your friends just won't listen and see the truth... it just, in my case, ends there for me to be very honest.
      Last edited by Mr B; July 28th, 2012 at 01:28 PM.

Don't talk about things you might want to do, nor postpone them... Just DO!

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

A quick reply - I'm not sure if i can think of any wounded friendships as such...but I've had many that have simply withered, mainly because that person has moved away or moved on or the resonance is no longer there. I've changed a heck of a lot and dare say I wouldn't there wouldn't be much in common. It's sad, sad when people you were once really close to simply become acquaintances, and then not even that. But it's life. I'm learning to let people and things come and go, trying not to grasp or hold on, but just allowing. Sometimes I find the friendships that I think should be the strongest and most enduring simply aren't...and often the people who reveal themselves to be the truest friends are the people I'd least expected. It's funny.
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”
      "The most beautiful and thought-provoking book I have ever read."

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

I simply allow what I truly 'feel' to guide me.

Growth Through Adversity