• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Whats everyone reading now

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Whats everyone reading now

As for me haven't been doing that much reading lately. Found that I hardly read any more as well. Have to say do have times like this and others don't. Guess it depends on the book itself as well.

This book isn’t out yet, but will be out on 11/27/12

Anne Frank: The Biography with new and expanded material, Melissa Muller.

Which I can’t wait for it and etc.

This book is already out (11/11) in hardcover, but will getting it when it will be out (11/13/12) in paperback.

Margaret Sanger: Life of Passion, Jean H Baker

Always wanted to learn more about Ms Sanger, her life, work and etc.

This book isn’t out yet, but will be out on 9/12/12

The Casual Vacancy, J.K. Rowling

This book isn’t out yet, but will be out on 6/12/12

Off Balance: A Memoir, Dominique Moceanu with Paul and Teri Williams

Found out this particular book while I was just window shopping with no intention going into that particular store. Went in to ask for more details petaining into the book and especially the autograph of it. Didn’t pre order because the manager told me they will be getting more then a enough and etc. Of course ended getting the two more books which follows this one.

Paris, My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light (and Dark Chocolate), Amy Thomas

Without Reservations: The Travels of an Independent Woman, Alice Steinbach

Devine Intervention, Martha Brockenbrough

The author of this book is one my online friends and shes also the author a couple books (Things That Make Us (Sic): The Society for the Promotion of Good Grammar Takes on Madison Avenue, Hollywood, the White House, and the World and then this one It Could Happen to You: Diary Of A Pregnancy and Beyond, its been out of print for sometime now, but still worth the read).

How Great Women Lead: A Mother-Daughter Adventure into the Lives of Women Shaping the World, Bonnie St. John and Darcy Deane

Both of these took me awhile to decide to buy them and etc.

Never Say Never: Finding a Life that fits, Ricki Lake and forward by John Waters

Gone with the Wind, Margaret Mitchell

Have tried to read this before, but with no luck. Hopefully, this time with more luck.

Prague Winter: A Personal Story of Remembrance and War, 1937-1948, Madeleine Albright

Have to say that I was pleasantly surprised to see this because I have already read Ms Albright’s memoir (Madam Secretary: A Memoir) when it came out, in 2003.

To the End of the Land: A Novel, David Grossman

Have tried to read this before, but with no luck. Hopefully, this time with more luck.

No Higher Honor: A Memoir of My Years in Washington, Condoleezza Rice Have already read Ms Rice’s memoir (Extraordinary, Ordinary People: A Memoir of Family) when it came out last year.
      Last edited by Jessica A B; June 3rd, 2012 at 05:57 PM.

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Hey Jessica .... my goodness, that is quite the list of reading material ... good to know you're an avid reader!

Right now, my night stand (I only have time to read before I drift off into dreamland) is lacking the company of a new and good book, I am hoping things in my life will calm down in the coming the weeks so, I might be able to look further into some of those intriguing titles you so kindly shared with us ... thank you!!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Administrator
      is testing new status and mods
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Hmm, This post?

Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Wow, that is quite a list! I always thought it was just me who read several books at once

Let's see...... I mainly read spiritual texts and occasionally some fiction.

I'm reading the autobiography of James Swartz, who has become my advaita guru. It's called 'Mystic by Default' and I think is only available as a pdf via his website (shining world.com). Fascinating.

'The Intention Experiment' by Lynne McTaggert - wow. Lots of quantum theory and hundreds of experiments into the nature of consciousness, thought and reality. Quite mind-blowing.

Also reading 'Pointers from Nisargadatta Maharaj' by Ramesh Balsekar. Started this last september, it's so deep and powerful I can only read a couple of pages at a time to give me time to absorb it. It's amazing, but not for the faint hearted. It's pretty deep and advanced stuff with a lot of sanskrit terminology.

'Falling into Grace' by Adyashanti. Good, but more of a beginner's guide to his work, not as deep as his other books.

Also been spending a lot of time studying Taoist yoga and qigong and have been reading three textbooks on the subject.
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”
      "The most beautiful and thought-provoking book I have ever read."

is I always wanted to be a
      wizard.

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

9780753827697.jpg

interesting...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Hello, Jessica!

I'm glad to see a thread on reading! I'm also an avid reader--though, work has been getting in the way of that recently. I read mostly anything except for mystery, horror, and teen novels. At the moment, I'm reading Three Men in a Boat by Jerome K. Jerome. So far, my favorite quote from the book is:
      "I love work; it fascinates me. I can sit and watch it for hours."

To be honest, though, I've not read any of the books from your list, but they do sound quite interesting and I'll definitely take a look into them.
      "Man is a mystery. It needs to be unravelled; and if you spend your whole life unravelling it, don't say you've wasted time. I am studying that mystery because I want to be a human being." -Fyodor Dostoevsky.