• Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Age gap relationships

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

Default Age gap relationships

hi ..just curious what my MW family think about relationships in reguards to age gaps ? what would you consider quote "acceptable "and im ruling out children under the age of 17 thats not the topic of conversation im aiming at . continue : " acceptable " in relationships with a considerable age gap ? and i use the word in quote "acceptable " only in jest to convey the topic and want for our feelings on this . an example would be a woman say 17 years older than her partner male 24 female 41 . do you know anyone in age gap relationships ? again i have no opinion of this or judgement , just wanting genuine opinion .

" BE PRESENT "

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Well we're all timeless, so at our deepest essence we're the same age. But, that said, it really depends on the maturity of the people involved. Personally I very much doubt I'd go for anyone more than 10 years my junior, as level of maturity is important to me (although when both parties get older I think age gaps mean less). It all really depends on the people. Sometimes if you see a very 'mature' guy with a very young girl or boy (18+ but still young) you worry about the issue of exploitation, but then again so long as everything is consensual it's really the business of the people involved and no one else's. As Byron Katie says, there are 3 kinds of business in life: mine, yours and Life's.
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”
      "The most beautiful and thought-provoking book I have ever read."

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Well I have no issue with ages as long as they are the legal age. Martin is 9 years my junior but then if he was 20 years my senior, it wouldn't matter. I think love is love.....just is.

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

thankyou Rory and lorri xx

" BE PRESENT "

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

I agree with all that has been said .... we are all timeless, though a healthy age gap relationship is contigent on whether there is real love and a sense of maturity involved as well. Age differences have never truly bothered me one bit and as Lorri, as long as they're within the legal parameters it's perfectly fine. Sometimes finding love means it happens to be with someone your senior or junior.

From my own experience ... I've always been with a man my senior. And as I've aged, the age-gap itself has narrowed by half. Paul is 15 years my senior. And it's interesting to observe that I've always gravitated towards a certain age group of 42-52. for both male friends and boyfriends ... though my best friend who is male share the same birth birth year.

Great topic!!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is curious.

I am:
      Piratey

This topic often touches a bit of a nerve with me, because, to me, chronological years of existence are less important than contemporary society tries to make them.

When I was a young man, most of my friends were close to my age, but I cultivated older friends, appreciating their experience and wisdom.
      As I matured, my horizons broadened and I actively cultivated younger friends who could express fresh takes on our universe.

In my closest, most-intimate relationships, my partners have always been my age or younger, though I have always been open to "more-seasoned" souls. As long as two people are mature, grounded, and compatible, I do not see an age difference as an obstacle.

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

thankyou polly and anjou for your responses and insights xx

" BE PRESENT "

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

Good discussion.
      I thought initially I would be able to answer this simply. LOL. But it's not as simple as it appears at first.
      I've only had one 'life partner' in this lifetime. A relationship lasting nine years up to the death of my partner. My partner was seven years older than myself. But the age difference really didn't matter, as we were both growing and learned to grow together.
      When my partner died I knew, I 'felt' that I would have no other life partner.
      But ultimately I believe each of us to be unique. The way in which we journey through this lifetime is as unique as we ourselves are.
      Within every experience there exist the opportunities of true growth.
      Please pardon me for being vague in my response. But honestly, I feel I can't be anymore specific than this. I simply do not have the wisdom of experience with regard to this topic.

Growth Through Adversity