• Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: An easy way to publish a book

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default An easy way to publish a book

Publishing a Kindle Book

1) Inspired by The New York Times article about Kindle publishing (October 24, 2011), I prepared the third edition of my "Tyranny to Freedom ..." *book, submitted the manuscript and the book was on the market in less than 24 hours. It costs only $0.99, the lowest permissible price. By the way, there are no shipping charges for Kindle books, delivered via Wi-Fi.

2) Those who want to learn from my limited technical experience producing a Kindle book are invited to visit this website:

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/kindle/toc1.html
      3) Will kindle devices replace traditional books? I do not think so. But many people say that I am wrong.
      Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikopedia)
      Ludwik Kowalski, author of a free ON-LINE book entitled “Diary of a Former Communist: Thoughts, Feelings, Reality.” Google will provide the clickable link. Or see below.
      h*ttp:*//csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.h*tml (but remove * after pasting)
      It is a testimony based on a diary kept between 1946 and 2004 (in the USSR, Poland, France and the USA)

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Wow, that is indeed FAST! Is this only for potential kindle books? I've been in the process of writing several novels and have been looking for a cheaper way to publish them when I am finished--but I didn't really have the intention of publishing them electronically.
      "Man is a mystery. It needs to be unravelled; and if you spend your whole life unravelling it, don't say you've wasted time. I am studying that mystery because I want to be a human being." -Fyodor Dostoevsky.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Wow! Maybe I oughta dig my Consciousness workbook set (text with separate section-by-section matching workbook) back out and start rewriting it. I often think about a friend of mine then who so passionately loved it that she couldn't put it down, carrying it with her to work every day, and even on vacation, and also about the Los Alamos nuclear physicists who loved it as well! Those books are still lost on old computers and broken portable drives, though probably retrievable with some effort, but once in a while it gnaws at me that if I could reach those folks, others could follow as well!

I'd also begun writing Consciousness books for children, with characters and storylines (and Sanskrit) not so hidden within fable that the truth of life would be lost to distraction! I'd also written a lot of Consciousness poetry.

Probably would be more fun to just start from scratch and write all new ones!! I've seriously been wanting to do that, just because I love writing books. Never reeeeally was all that interested in publishing. Selfish, I suppose, but I just had no interest in notoriety of any kind, or in traveling to promote my books. Yet they really broke it all down so well, to catch folks wherever they were, turning them around to a *clear path,* to guide them along the way.

I also thought of simply writing an online similar set of books, like their having their own website, that would provide for my joy of writing, while providing access to them for anyone interested. Not sure whether I'm getting lazy or just downright tired.

I have such a responsibility to teach people, and especially scientists, how I use nonlinear physics, and sometimes it uses me, to pre-realize earthquakes, tsunamis, Sept. 11, 2001 and similar events, (murders, kidnappings, accidents, etc...). The mathematics of Lucinda in the movie "Knowing" is anything but science fiction! It's what I was born to teach, whether I like it or not, obviously! Over the past year I've just found myself wondering "why bother?!" when such extraordinary discoveries as the Dead Sea Scrolls and Nag Hammadi Library, for instance, reveal just how asleep and unreachable the world really is.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Great stuff, thanks for sharing this Ludwik! I have also been seriously considering publishing my novels, and my Tao book to kindle. The publishing industry is undergoing rapid transformation right now. I think the hard part is actually promoting your book and making it stand out from the crowd. This is what I'm currently researching.

I wish you every success with your ebook Ludwik, I will certainly be checking it out!

And I didn't know you were an aspiring novelist too Ryan, that's awesome! What kind of books are you writing?