• Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Pushing the Limits

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Pushing the Limits

Something that is often mentioned here is about pushing our limits. What is meant by this and for what purpose? I can only speak my own truth and opinion here but I would be happy to hear others opinions.

From my own perspective, it means pushing past the norm, past old habits and old ways of being. Embracing a new way of being and changing the script.
      This is all fine and well as long as we really do change things, not just pay lip service to it and then go back to our old habits once again when things settle down to a nice pace once more.

On my blog, Polly mentioned about us all having gone through changes of late and yes this is true. What are the changes for though? To waken us up and make us realise before it gets to late that if we do not make necessary changes in our lives now, these may be made for us.
      Better to do it now, while we have the strength and wherewithal to do so than have it foisted on us.
      So what will happen if we do not make the changes in ourselves? I have no crystal ball nor the gift of sight but I do have feelings about this and my feelings tell me that things are going to happen, big things and big changes are coming. We either have to keep up and run with the changes or we sink in the mire we have chosen for ourselves.
      What good is having the latest laptop or mobile phone when you may not have the most basic of things such as food or a roof over your head? These are things and these are just material possessions and clutter that fill our lives up with what is lacking in our hearts and our souls.
      We need to fill our hearts with the stuff that nurtures and nourishes. Love. Real unconditional, Universal Love.

We often say here how we love each other......then we need to show this by saying what needs to be said sometimes. In respect and with honesty and no fear of reproach, for loving someone enough to truly care about them and help them see the lessons they need to learn.
      I have had a big learning curve of late and now realise this and this is why I chose to return to the site. For how can I say I love any of you if I leave now without assisting the way I am meant to?

So...pushing the limits? Means me saying what needs to be said sometimes. Me learning in truth to listen and hear. Me learning in truth to mean I love you when I say it and not just paying lip service for that is not being respectful to those I truly care about. Me hearing the Universe, accepting that kick in the back side and asking for more lol

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Loved hearing what you had to say Lorri. I absolutely get where you're coming from with this and I'm grateful to you for sharing! (It's so wonderful to have you back here!!) I can't wait to hear what others think of this too.

Pushing the limits - what does this mean to me? What are the limits? Hmm. I am deeply focused on self inquiry now - taking attention from the outer world of form -- where for the vast majority, consciousness gets lost amid the dream -- and keeping it focused on that which is Real...the Self, the Oneness, the Truth, whatever inadequate names we might choose to give it. It's not about doing, it's about being done - allowing the universe to do what it wants around and through me. That's pushing the limits for me...the limits being the constricting net of mental sediment, deadening conceptualisations and belief systems, conditioning and vasanas (mental tendencies). When I reach inside and see what I already am, beyond the illusion, that is pushing the limits and breaking free of the crap. It's a cool journey, albeit one with ups and downs, bumps and tumbles. It's really the best I can do for myself and the world. Anything less is insufficient and seems to contributes to the suffering.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Thanks Rory *big smiles*
      I could just hug you dearest!!! lol I totally get what you say here and yes, agree fully with all you say. You do say it so much more eloquently than me but I guess they are strands of the same rainbow my darling

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Aww, thanks, I'm glad it made sense (I did actually wonder! haha) Yeah, those are the limits I think we're all pushing - all about reaching in and staying true to what we are. The ego spends a lot of its energies trying to push limits too of course, but - bless it - it never gets very far because it's like a hamster in a wheel, not realising that it is the source of most its problems.

We are definitely strands of the same rainbow (great expression!). The truth comes in different colours and expressions, but it's always the same light

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStar View Post
      The ego spends a lot of its energies trying to push limits too of course, but - bless it - it never gets very far because it's like a hamster in a wheel, not realising that it is the source of most its problems.
      Hahahaha love it!! Well said dearest *big smiles*