Quote Originally Posted by Samael View Post
I installed Windows 7 7077 this morning and... At the moment I feel like Vista was bit snappier, but I guess I'll have to wait untill I install all my programs and let everything settle in to make final judgement.

My biggest fear was taskbar and I have to say I LOVE IT. I didn't pin anything on it, but its very useful and I really enjoy it. Specialy the colors.

Windows Media Player 12 is a BIG SCORE for Microsoft in my book. I think this is first time I prefer using WMP over iTunes.

My 10 years old TV Tuner still works under Windows 7, so this is a big YES as well

Drivers ? NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER. I didn't install audio, ethernet,monitor, even printer was installed from updates. I think all Vista and XP dirvers will work without a problem on Windows 7.

Themes are also GREAT ! I specially like that you can shuffle wallpapers and automaticaly change them in time. This is very neat I think.

More from me a bit latter....

I told you guys, that this new version of Windows is a big step for MS.

Until now, everything runs excellent and i don't have any bad to say about Windows 7.

Well, the taskbar is a very good and themes - i got off all those programs like WindowBlinds wich i was used to use them on XP and Vista like Aero theme now is more elegant and it really looks like glass even when you have your window maximized.

I've encountered also some little problems with Chrome no big deal, since IE8 or Opera can make their job very well; also there are some performance glitches but, is still a beta/RC and we'll have to wait a little time until the final version will come out and will be fully optimized.

In the game part - another good point for this stage... i've tested the new HAWX released game and everything was fine with a little exception, i had to set the compatibility to Vista or XP SP3 to get rid off those freeze moments.

It seems that i didn't took a wrong decision when i made Windows 7 as my primary system.

Even now you can obtain and activate a beta key from Microsoft and i read somewhere that Microsoft will give unlimited keys for final RC versions and they will allow users to test the RC version for one year... this is amazing.