I am:
      ----
        Edit

Anybody know a good video grabber?

is ~ Enigmatic Soul...

I am:
      Innocent

Post Windows 7

WIndows 7 sounds promising it will be what Vista should be at his time.

After me, i think that the best changes on OS, the big movements step it was with Windows 3.x, 95, XP...

Vista is a failure on all lines, even with his SP1 applied or not.

No matter what computer config you have, it always will give you an BSOD because of trouble with one or more hardware issues.
      And let's not talk also about the big, HUGE amount of resource requirements.

Few days ago i updated my memory from 2GB to 4GB, on 32bit your computer can see a maximum 3.2 GB of your memory, and to move on 64 bits is not a good idea right now for me, but anyway, this change it was a better one for Vista but i felt that XP is handling more, more better my memory than the hungry Vista.

So, for now on i will use XP until 7 will be officially released to market, until then i will try to use Windows 7 (Beta1) in my Virtual PC 2007 to get aquinted with the next OS.

I said it once and i repeat it many times: Windows Vista is equal with Windows Millenium regarding their success on the public audience.

That's it.

Administrator
      is testing new status and mods
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

I so dont agree with you.

Ive been running Vista for a few years now with no problems, no BSOD, no lock ups and never crashed on me... for me it's been the most reliable OS Ive had in a long while.

64 bit is worth going to, i'm so happy I did! 8 GB RAM is always a good thing in my book and no limit on your GFX memory helps big time in games.

Vista uses memory different to XP, so it may look like it's using more but really it's being more efficient using it.

I am not a vista fanboy but I do get fed up with people bashing the OS cos they see everyone doing it...

For the love of god people it's time to move on.

Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by God's Toy View Post
      I am not a vista fanboy but I do get fed up with people bashing the OS cos they see everyone doing it...

For the love of god people it's time to move on.

Yeah, I have a confession to make I've been on Vista for some time now and I have to admit that for me "Vista bug" boiled down to getting used to "smooth" fonts, UAC and everything, but after some time I figured some things out, changed some I didn't like and its working out great for me. I wish some good ideas like content preview were made a little better (thinking Leopard), but its all good. I've got used to using what would be called now "an ancient machine" for a few years, so now for me C2D and 4GB of RAM is a totally different experience. I most probably will install Windows 7, but in the end we ALL upgrade eventually, like it or not. People said same things about 2000 and XP and now somehow we all think of the as standard.

I hope that my next computer will be Mac, but knowing my insane percent maximum usage of computer that will not happened any time soon. My old CPU was I think more then 6 or something years old and believe it or not I still liked it and was finishing everything I needed, Word, Power Point, Mat Lab and Solid Works.. even some Photoshop ! I probably would still use it if it didn't explode lol Yeah, I had AMD :P

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I finished downloading a movie yesterday ,it was in 8 different rar files.....while i try to unpack them i get a message saying the file is corrupted !.Can something be done about this error ? how do i set it right ?.....I was hoping someone here can help me with that.

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Nope, a corrupted file is not going to ever work unless you know where it's been corrupted.(or by what) Best bet is to download it once more.
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
      I finished downloading a movie yesterday ,it was in 8 different rar files.....while i try to unpack them i get a message saying the file is corrupted !.Can something be done about this error ? how do i set it right ?.....I was hoping someone here can help me with that.
      Try re downloading specific corrupted rar file. Only one is most probably corrupted. If there are comments posted where you got links from, go back to that page, read them and maybe someone posted file that works or maybe even uploaded re posted it, BUT first re download same file from the original link, because sometimes download managers mess things up.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Nope, a corrupted file is not going to ever work unless you know where it's been corrupted.(or by what) Best bet is to download it once more.
      Quote Originally Posted by Samael View Post

Try re downloading specific corrupted rar file. Only one is most probably corrupted. If there are comments posted where you got links from, go back to that page, read them and maybe someone posted file that works or maybe even uploaded re posted it, BUT first re download same file from the original link, because sometimes download managers mess things up.
      Thank You guys,i found which part is corrupt and downloaded it again it's working now ......The movie is 'The Holy Mountain' .

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius Quest View Post
      Chat away in this thread about your computer stuff. Which OS you use, applications, gadgets (smartphones, mobile phones, mp3 players, camera's....) whatever is related to Pc's and Laptops, even iMac's.
      YAYY!! I just built a new computer after the one I had finally died. Here's the stats of my new one:

Case: ThermalTake Motzart Tx
      Processor: Intel Core i7 965 Extreme Edition
      CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366
      Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X58 Extreme
      RAM: 6GB DDR3 1333MHz
      No floppy :-( (I liked the 5.25" floppy drive in my old computer.)
      Sound: Creative Labs Audigy ZS Platinum (recycled from old system)
      Video: ATI All-in-Wonder HD (Has video input so you can record TV, like a tivo except you don't have to pay for it.
      HDD: 1 80GB SATA, 2 500GB SATA, 2 250GB PATA (recycled from past system)
      OS: Windows XP Pro, 32-bit, soon to be upgraded to Windows 7.0 64-bit whenever it comes out.-- as a result, I can only use 4GB of the 6GB of RAM.

I have all 4 CPU cores enabled and Hyperthreading enabled on all 4 for a total of 8 effective CPU cores. When fully maxed-out (and when I can get it amxed out) the CPU temp only goes up to 45 degrees C. Amazing! (My old one RESTED at 50C.) Also, it is so quiet you can hardly tell if it's on or not sitting right next to it-- my last one sounded like a rocket blasting off!

This processor also support virtualization-- meaning I can run two separate systems using the same processor. I want to larn how to do that so I can run Linux without having to dual-boot. I can run them both side-by-side at the same time.
      Last edited by messickc; February 23rd, 2009 at 01:47 AM.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Enkde View Post
      WIndows 7 sounds promising it will be what Vista should be at his time.
      I messed the beta downloads, but from what I have been told by virtually everyone I know that has tested the beta, Windows 7 will be what Vista should have been. It's not that vista was unstable, it's that it is such a resource hog. Windows 7 will run everything in Vista Ultimate on half the resources.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
      Anybody know a good video grabber?
      What kind of video? Youtube? Capturing it on your screen? Recording live TV?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
      The bulbs are on the same frequency as the printer 4 (2):

I enjoyed that
      You laugh, but I have the opposite problem: My printer injects such horrible noise into my house's electrical system that my lightbulbs on the same circuit flicker-- I had to put a ferrite bead around the power cord, which seems to help alot.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default A little off topic, but it is about computers,

I was at a second hand computer store yesterday,saw stuff that beat my
      only year old system for very cheap,
      I was thinking of buying a couple and overclocking the hell out of them
      while using windows 7 , or whatever you call it.

These newer computers have so much unnessary crap it's unreal, like
      this guy on the radio said, he used to do his work on a TRS-80 (16MB RAM)
      and now he's got a monster and it's not doing anything better for him.

Peace,
      DangerBird.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

My computer blue screened on my like 10 times in a row this morning! I finally found the currupt file, and everything is working a okay!

How you boys think I am coming along? So far, I have restored my computer twice, removed viruses, and installed my cd rom, and upgraded memory...No, still not a computer geek yet ha?....LOL (j/k) I'll get there one day...or maybe not! But, still thinking of buying a computer...like maybe in a few weeks!

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

When I read "I finally found the currupt file" I said to myself "Nice"

Upgrading memory can be tricky as so many types on the market now, it can get mind boggling. Well done!

If I was going to buy a PC soon ish I would hold out till windows 7 is shipping with them, it's coming along really well.
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

is ~ Enigmatic Soul...

I am:
      Innocent

Post My updated specs...

Here's my latest runing system.

I've uploaded today, since i updated my 2 GB Ultra Geil RAM Dual Chn (2x1GB) with 4 GB A-DATA RAM Dual Channel (2x2GB)

My computer info saved online at CPU-z website

My Newest system:
      2009.03.05 CPU-z v1.50

My Older system
      2008.03.30 CPU-z v1.44.2
      2008.02.10 CPU-z v1.44

2006.06.10 CPU-z v1.34.1

*And … my old, very, very old and greatest 386 SX at only 25 Mhz with only 4 MB RAM and a HDD of 80 MB Western Digital with speaker only (No Sound) having it from 1997, running on him games like DOOM 2, Transport Tycoon Deluxe and dying between 2002 and 2003 … Oh God… What times

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

When I read "I finally found the currupt file" I said to myself "Nice"

Upgrading memory can be tricky as so many types on the market now, it can get mind boggling. Well done!

If I was going to buy a PC soon ish I would hold out till windows 7 is shipping with them, it's coming along really well.
      Thanks Peter! Yeah, the Geek Squad help me choose the memory...and even they didn't get it right the first time. But, we use a certain website to determine the memory type. But, at work, I do see them and customers exchange the memory sticks often! It is certainly challenging!

I will take your advice. As you may already know, I am trying to hold out on purchasing a new computer as long as I can. I just really had a scare the other day because I had a paper due. I plan to stay steady with school untill I get my Medical Office Administraive Associates degree....and I don't want to have computer problems! I do realize that when I get the new computer....hell, I am just got through learning everything on XP, so now I feel like I am going to have to start all over again on my learning!

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

I installed a strange version of XP on my laptop thats looks like the illicit lovechild of Vista and XP.. works fine but looks bloody awful

think ill skip vista and wait fo the new version of windows

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

running a custom designed pc with an AMD Phenom quad, 4 gigs memory, a 500G internal drive, 5 external drives (one TB each), an M-Audio Delta 66 soundcard with an external I/O box, an NVIDIA GForce 9800 GTS vidieo card. I have an M-Audio Axiom 61 Midi controller plugged in via USB, a Yamaha Motif 6 ES and a Triton 61 LE plugged into the the Delta 66, and a Shure SM 58 mic run through a Behringer effects board and into the PC via a Lexicon Lambda interface (works better for this than the Delta 66). Also have a Gibson SG guitar plugged in to the Lambda and a Fender Thunderbird bass plugged into the Delta 66.

I have no choice but to run XP with ASIO4All drivers since at least 50% of VSTis wont run on Vista (Vista isnt musician friendly).

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Wow thats some set up Jay, dont know what half of it does but it sounds good