Administrator
      is testing new status and mods
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Smile

Yep agree with you on that.

Love Stargate, SG1 was cool and I was sad to see RDA leave it towards the end. Maybe he could see the end was coming?

Atlantis is really getting into it's own now and at this is season 5 I hope we have at least 5 more before it's canned too. Really like MCkay, hell you could have a spin off just on him I bet.

Only thing that bugs me about SG1 and Atlantis is the 'baddys' end up becomming less evil over the seaons. What once made you jump in fear becomes something to pitty and I dont think thats right, hell they should be always evil, thats why they are 'baddys' !!
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

OK thanks for your replies I will give it a whirl whilst I wait for nuBSG and Lost to return I quite enjoyed what I saw, great characters and the fact that Robert Picardo (the hologram doctor out of voyager) and Jewel Staite (Kaylee out of Firefly) are in it now has swung me

Apparently this is its last season, apart from a 2 hour special to be shown next year.. oh well, it will still keep my me occupied for a good while yet

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

The new promo poster for season 5 of lost

Still two camps only they are much further apart...

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Never got into Lost so I cant say much about it really.

Sad news about SGA but good to see they have a new story in the making.
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by God's Toy View Post
      Never got into Lost so I cant say much about it really.
      Me niether. I never could understand what could be appealing in a show that seems like even its writers are lost in the plot they created. Hey, maybe that's why its called "Lost" .

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

My family up north is obesessed with Lost. I got suckered into watching it when I was staying with them, and funny enough, I knew as much watching one episode as they did watching the who series.

It's appropriately named, for sure.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

5 years down the line and still nobody knows whats going on

As Tzvika said even the writers appear to be LOST and making it up sometimes

I have watched it from the beginning, I love it and am intrigued how it is all going to end.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

To wet your appetite for the new series of Battlestar Galactica which is starting in January

Battlestar Galactica Webisodes

Tune in Friday December 12 at noon EST.

The action continues with 10 exclusive webisodes of Battlestar Galactica. "The Face Of The Enemy", picks up where Season Four of the series ended. Lieutenant Gaeta is sent off in a raptor with a handful of strangers when one of them mysteriously dies. The psychological Human vs. Cylon struggle ensues in the restrictive confines of a raptor as everyone is a suspect and paranoia sets in among the group. One by one more passengers die under puzzling circumstances and those remaining must ask themselves if a Cylon is responsible for the deaths, or if it is one of their own — a human.

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Maybe it's just me but I really like the older one better than the remake. still all good stuff.
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I remember seeing some episodes from the original Galactica. i'm sure it was cutting edge at the time, but you really cant compare between the two.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Matt Smith has been named as the actor who will take over from David Tennant in Doctor Who - making him the youngest actor to take on the role.

Interview with the new Doctor

At 26, Smith is three years younger than Peter Davison when he signed up to play the fifth Doctor in 1981.

Smith will first appear on TV screens as the 11th Doctor in 2010.

He was cast over Christmas and will begin filming for the fifth series of Doctor Who in the summer. Tennant is filming four specials in 2009.

Smith was named as Tennant's replacement in Saturday's edition of Doctor Who Confidential on BBC One.

He said: "I feel proud and honoured to have been given this opportunity to join a team of people that has worked so tirelessly to make the show so thrilling.

Well I have never heard of him but lets hope he is as good as the last two actors to play the Doctor
      Last edited by Mr. Brightside; January 3rd, 2009 at 11:34 PM.

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Yep here too, I dont know who that guy is.

I'm sure they will do a really good job making sure he is the Dr in every way.

Hell while I'm here, bring back Rose! (and K(!)
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I'm what could be called a very selective sci-fi fan. I'm old enough that I watched the original BG series and loved it. The cyclons were creepier on the original, but that's could just be me. I love the new series and just like Gollum I usually tune into things long after they've started or ended.

Loved "Firefly" so much I bought the DVD's including the deluxe edition of "Serenity". I also own the entire Babylon 5 series.

I checked out "Torchwood" and was very happy with all the DVD extras to explain a bunch of stuff as I'm basically a wimp when it comes to scary stuff. That's part of the reason I don't watch as much as I probably could and generally watch after things have started.

I used to watch "Star Trek - Next Generation" and "Enterprise". Couldn't seem to catch onto any of the other pieces of the franchise. Saw the original "Star Wars" series I don't know how many times, but never bothered to invest in the tapes or DVD's.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Watched Battlestar galactica last night, what an amazing comeback, I wont spoil it for anybody who watches it but it was well worth the wait, It was a very dark and brooding episode with a few major twists and turns

now I know why I love this show..

Cant wait till next week

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

WOOHOO!!! Finally! The greatest Sci-fi show ever!

Administrator
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Not a fan of this remake. No real reason- just never found the time to catch up. Last night I seen the start of one on sky 1 HD. Picture quality was really bad for some reason... Maybe that was the look they wanted ? Don't know but it didn't grab me to see the rest.

I am still mad they killed Stargate Atlantis so for me (right now) nothing can replace that show.
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

You dont know what your missing Peter Saying that if you havent watched it from the beginning it would be hard to follow I would have thought..

I have watched half of season 1 of Stargate Atlantis and its not bad, I might get into Stargate Universe more with Robert Carlyle in it (One of my favorite actors)

Now I am looking forward to the craziness of Lost which starts again tonight

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I remember when I was very small 3-6 years old, I can't be sure, I remember I was still not going to school and that every morning before my mom drooped me at daycare that I watched this super TV Show about some aliens and lizards Many year later I found out that it was show called "V"

If someone asked me what were my 2 earliest memories ever, that would be :

1. "V" TV Show
      2. a scent of JOOP! perfume my mom used

Last edited by Samael; January 23rd, 2009 at 09:00 PM.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Did I hear someone mention Stargate Universe??? Whats this??? Like you Peter I am suffering withdrawals after finishing with Atlantis and have been watching the repeats on Sky!
      A new Stargate??? Wow sounds good!!!

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Stargate is getting as big as Star Trek now with all its movies and spin offs,

Stargate Universe

Gateworld

Stargate Universe is an upcoming science fiction television series, part of the Stargate franchise. The series was green lit on August 22, 2008 and is scheduled to debut as a two- or three-hour movie and then begin regular weekly airings on SCI FI in the third quarter of 2009.[1] Brad Wright and Robert C. Cooper will serve as executive producers and writers. The announced main cast as of mid-January 2009 consists of Justin Louis as Colonel Everett Young, David Blue as Eli Wallace, Brian J. Smith as Lieutenant Matthew Scott, Jamil Walker Smith as Sergeant Ronald Greer, and Robert Carlyle as Dr. Nicholas Rush. Stargate Universe will start filming in early February 2009.

Stargate Universe follows the adventures of a team of explorers from Earth, who find the Ancient spaceship Destiny and must fend for themselves aboard the ship in the far reaches of the universe as they are unable to return to Earth. The show will be firmly entrenched in pre-established Stargate mythology and take place during the present time.