• Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Coming up for air.... :-)

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Default Coming up for air.... :-)

Hi Everyone...

It's been awhile since I posted here (what else is new??) but thought I'd share my good news and a Reader's Digest Condensed Version of what's been going on here.

First off, I finally gave birth to our beautiful pride and joy, a 8 pound 14.9 ounce baby boy that I named Christopher Aniren John. He ended up being a bigger boy than I could birth on my own and after a long day and long labour (they broke my water at 10AM Thursday morning and Chris was born at 5:41 Friday morning March 25th) they realized that with every push, Chris would ride back up as he was stuck. We opted for a cesarean and found it was a blessing in disguise as the cord was wrapped around his little neck.

We spent nearly a week in the hospital as he had a weight issue (as big as he was, he dropped a lot more weight than "normal" in the days following his birth) and I was being kept under observation as I lost a lot of blood in the delivery.

Because of his weight we had to keep taking him back for weigh in appointments every 10 days. I'm pleased that in the last week he has boomed and is now at a healthy 9 pounds and is 22" long. He is already fitting into 3 months clothing just from his height. Basketball player in my future?

He seems fine eyesight wise and hearing wise but because I have a hearing issue we are doing some follow up on that. Fingers crossed he has good hearing.

Nothing really prepares you for motherhood that's for sure. He is an excellent eater and sleeper, but find that if I can keep him awake more and entertained during the day, he sleeps longer at night.

He has his parent's red hair.... pictures attached for your viewing pleasure

March 25, 2011 Chris' Birth_008.JPGDSC00619.JPGMarch 25, 2011 Chris' Birth_010.jpg
      ~Shalott
      "We do not own the earth, we are part of it."
      ~Chief Seattle~

My Blog | Last.fm | Current Weather

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

Welcome back and a sincere congrats to you and your family.
      The photos you've shared are wonderful. Both you and your new son Christopher are glowing brightly. It is truly good to see. And it's great to have you back with us.
      I hope your healing is coming along well.
      I'll light a candle for both you and Chris this evening.
      Peace and Joy be with you and your family.

Growth Through Adversity

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Oh Jenn!! Congratulations honey!!! Chris looks a real little cutie!!! Hoping you are all keeping well and thriving.
      Much love

is curious.

I am:
      Piratey

Much congratulations! May your family remain healthy and happy.........

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Hey there Jenn ... oh I am happy that little Chris is doing well (it's been fun keeping up on all your baby/motherhood news via fb as well) ... you have a beautiful glow about you my dear!!

And welcome back ... it's so wonderful to see you posting here once more, hopefully you'll stick around a bit more this time ...

Anyhoo ... big hugs to you and gentle hugs to little Chris!!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Hey Jenn, great to hear your news and see the pics! I'm glad that baby Chris is doing well - seems like a very dramatic entry into the world! I wish him a life of peace, happiness and joy

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Great to see you back Jenn, wonderful news and great pics, congratulations to you and your family

Administrator
      is testing new status and mods
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Wow must have missed this thread somehow.
      Congrats Jenn! So good to read everything worked out fine in the end and both of you are safe and sound.

We wish only the best for you hon and hope that you will keep us updated on both your progress and wellbeing on this new chapter in your life's.

Dont be a stranger hon, were always here!

Peter
      Sumedha.

Justified & Ancient.

Owner & Administrator

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

So this thread doesn't get shuffled down too far... Come back and let us know how you and Chris are doing....Pleaseee.

Growth Through Adversity

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Default thank you!

True to form, I disappeared again

We are doing good, Chris' last check up last week he was at 10.5 pounds and well into a growth spurt. He continues to eat very well and sleep all night which amazes me at 2.5 months of age.

My physical healing seems to be slow and very frustrating. For 6 weeks I was under restrictions to the point where I felt I may as well have stayed in the hospital. I could lift Chris but that was it. In my cooler climate, winter was still with us and because of Chris' weight issue I had to keep taking him for weigh in appointments. Like I said, I could lift Chris but not while he was in his nice warm carseat... After a few times of him catching a chill and crying the entire time in the medical office (not that I cared, but I knew he was cold and I couldn't seem to do anything about it) I said screw it at his last weigh in appointment and carried him in: carseat and all. I was fine with it. However 2½ months after his birth I still find I get terribly sore

Summer seems to have finally arrived..... and I had a horrible fright yesterday afternoon. I just finished feeding Chris and thought it had cooled off now that the sun was on the other side of the house on the lake side. So had the brilliant idea of putting Chris in his carrier/stroller and taking him for a walk. I thought for sure the street would be shaded. Evidently not and I had hiked a good distance, just over a mile before I started feeling the effects of the heat and had all the way back to think about. My fear instantly went towards Chris who had suddenly gotten quiet. I peeked under his sun shade and he wasn't moving and his eyes were closed. I didn't bother opening up the cover to check for breathing I just a complete about face and started running back towards the house pushing the stroller. I nearly passed out from the running. I got him in the house, frantically undoing all the blasted buckles in the carrier and picked him up. He opened up his eyes and looked at me as if to say "what's up Mamma? Why so flushed?" I was so relieved!! I thought I had killed my son! I took him into his room, checked his diaper (it was wet which made me feel better - first sign of dehydration/heat stroke is lack of pee or red pee) and took his onesie off and let him lounge in his diaper for the rest of the afternoon. He ate good and seemed fine.

So that was my adventure for the day.... today was much quieter, thankfully

thank you everyone for the well wishes and I'm sorry I'm not around very often, I will try to change that

I am attaching two photos that my friend took with her camera.

027.jpg002.jpg

Jenn
      ~Shalott
      "We do not own the earth, we are part of it."
      ~Chief Seattle~

My Blog | Last.fm | Current Weather

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

Wow. That sounds like your walk/run wasn't at all easy. It's good to hear you both are making headway in recovering. I can't even imagine (being male) what your going through. Child birthing is one of those 'amazing' things that only women can handle.
      The photos are very cool. Love them.

Growth Through Adversity

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Hi Jenn,
      I have that disappearing act too...
      But I just ran into your message and was smiling a lot when I saw the pictures! Lovely news that is!!
      And furthermore, I hope that all's well with you (despite the walk)..
      All the best and enjoy the familytime!
      A-one aka "Absent one"

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Hey there A-one ... nice to see you back with us once more! Hope all is well with you!! I must skip over to the Muscial Universe and see what tunes you posted!!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Hi Polly,
      Off topic, all is well, thanks for the kind words! How are you? Still inspired?
      And yes posted some tunes, hope you'll like them..! Also have to catch up some music and posts...
      All the best,
      A-one