• Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 328

    Thread: Light a Candle

    1. #1
      Senior Member
      is getting there
       
      I am:
      Secret
       
      Kiran's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Away with the fairies!
      Posts
      5,921
      Blog Entries
      46
      Rep Power
      49

      Default Light a Candle

      I found this website where you can light a candle for whatever you want to help someone else...I thought it might be nice to have a thread to remember those who have gone before us or for any wishes you may hav

      http://www.lightacandle.co.uk/

      I would like to light a candle for my mother Rose(12 yrs gone), my sister Gail(5 yrs gone) and my brother John (2 yrs gone). Love you all so much.

      I would also like to light a candle for Rana...to help light your way at the moment honey
      Last edited by Kiran; December 2nd, 2008 at 08:32 AM.

    2. #2
      Senior Member
      is Living in my now
       
      I am:
      Meh
       
      Rana's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      1,536
      Blog Entries
      55
      Rep Power
      24

      Default

      thankyou Lorri i believe in this power of healing ..and im grateful for your help ..and i welcome it xx









      " BE PRESENT "

    3. #3
      Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Logio's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Posts
      730
      Rep Power
      15

      Default



      I was once decided to light a yellow candle and send some nice thoughts for a friend of a friend who was very sad and depressed. The next morning a kitten showed up on the sad guy's front steps. He told my friend that the kitten brought joy so much joy to his life that he no longer thought about his sadness. It could have been a coincidence, but I believe in the power of prayer...and that it can take many forms.

      Your Liege,

      Nathan

    4. #4
      Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      BlueStar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Scotland, UK
      Posts
      3,014
      Blog Entries
      18
      Rep Power
      36

      Default

      Thanks Lorri, what a beautiful idea. The intention behind lighting a candle for someone is lovely. I'm sure the energy sent out by such an act must have some kind of tangible benefit to the person. Sometimes the simplest acts done with love can have the greatest impacts.

      And I loved the kitten story Nathan, made me

    5. #5
      Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!
       
      I am:
      Friendly
       
      Narnia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      ... Everywhere ...
      Posts
      6,088
      Rep Power
      49

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Amoyan View Post
      Thanks Lorri, what a beautiful idea. The intention behind lighting a candle for someone is lovely. I'm sure the energy sent out by such an act must have some kind of tangible benefit to the person. Sometimes the simplest acts done with love can have the greatest impacts.

      And I loved the kitten story Nathan, made me
      I agree with you my friend!

      Lighting a candle is a simple act, and yet lighting it for someone whom you care very much for, is a beautiful testament of showing ones love.

      Thank you Lorri for sharing this wonderful site with us!

      And, for our dear oceanentity....

      And, Nathan, that is a beautiful story....animals have an amazing power to keep one living!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

    6. #6
      Mr. Brightside
      Guest
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

      Default

      when you look at the sea of candles it is very touching, sometimes just the act of lighting a candle can be so powerful.

      Every year my local council puts a Christmas message tree in the town centre for people to add little notes to to remember loved one who have passed away, I think its a wonderful idea, I alway write a few and place them on it. by the time christmas comes its so full you can hardly see the tree...

      Great story Nathan I am sure it was no coincidence........

      Thanks for posting it Lorri

    7. #7
      Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      mary's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Nicaragua
      Posts
      217
      Rep Power
      13

      Default

      When I first read the thread's name I never thought there would be so sad and hard to read, suddenly I found myself remembering the ones no longer with me, so after I cried I decided to light a candle specially to my first boyfriend Rodrigo, he decided to take his own life 15 years ago, I hope he had found the peace he was looking for, also light a candle to those who are depressed and sad and for their family and friends for them to be able to see the signs, sure we grieve and feel guilty for miss those signs.
      Nothing to say... silence is just beautiful

    8. #8
      Senior Member
      is getting there
       
      I am:
      Secret
       
      Kiran's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Away with the fairies!
      Posts
      5,921
      Blog Entries
      46
      Rep Power
      49

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by stresslessgirl View Post
      When I first read the thread's name I never thought there would be so sad and hard to read, suddenly I found myself remembering the ones no longer with me, so after I cried I decided to light a candle specially to my first boyfriend Rodrigo, he decided to take his own life 15 years ago, I hope he had found the peace he was looking for, also light a candle to those who are depressed and sad and for their family and friends for them to be able to see the signs, sure we grieve and feel guilty for miss those signs.
      I am so sorry about your friend Mary but please believe me, if someone is on that path, no matter what loved ones do, they will carry on and succeed if they are serious.
      I spent most of my adult life trying to save my mother and yet, she still managed to do it in the end.
      Know they are no longer in that pain or in that place and are at peace
      Yes I cried too when I saw the site and the candles on the sea but its all about healing and remembering. While we remember them, they will always be with us
      HUGS

    9. #9
      Senior Member
      is getting there
       
      I am:
      Secret
       
      Kiran's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Away with the fairies!
      Posts
      5,921
      Blog Entries
      46
      Rep Power
      49

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by CyanoVeritas View Post


      I was once decided to light a yellow candle and send some nice thoughts for a friend of a friend who was very sad and depressed. The next morning a kitten showed up on the sad guy's front steps. He told my friend that the kitten brought joy so much joy to his life that he no longer thought about his sadness. It could have been a coincidence, but I believe in the power of prayer...and that it can take many forms.

      Your Liege,

      Nathan
      Thanks for sharing Nathan and yes, I do believe the power of prayer can move mountains if need be!!!

    10. #10
      Senior Member
      is getting there
       
      I am:
      Secret
       
      Kiran's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Away with the fairies!
      Posts
      5,921
      Blog Entries
      46
      Rep Power
      49

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Amoyan View Post
      Thanks Lorri, what a beautiful idea. The intention behind lighting a candle for someone is lovely. I'm sure the energy sent out by such an act must have some kind of tangible benefit to the person. Sometimes the simplest acts done with love can have the greatest impacts.

      And I loved the kitten story Nathan, made me
      Exactly Amoyan! The saying 'be careful what you wish for as you just might get it' is very true. It is often the simplest gestures that can help the most.

    11. #11
      Senior Member
      is getting there
       
      I am:
      Secret
       
      Kiran's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Away with the fairies!
      Posts
      5,921
      Blog Entries
      46
      Rep Power
      49

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
      I agree with you my friend!

      Lighting a candle is a simple act, and yet lighting it for someone whom you care very much for, is a beautiful testament of showing ones love.

      Thank you Lorri for sharing this wonderful site with us!

      And, for our dear oceanentity....

      And, Nathan, that is a beautiful story....animals have an amazing power to keep one living!
      I'm glad you liked it. As Mary said, I cried and cried but it was so healing and powerful to light one for my family...it did help

    12. #12
      Senior Member
      is getting there
       
      I am:
      Secret
       
      Kiran's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Away with the fairies!
      Posts
      5,921
      Blog Entries
      46
      Rep Power
      49

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
      when you look at the sea of candles it is very touching, sometimes just the act of lighting a candle can be so powerful.

      Every year my local council puts a Christmas message tree in the town centre for people to add little notes to to remember loved one who have passed away, I think its a wonderful idea, I alway write a few and place them on it. by the time christmas comes its so full you can hardly see the tree...

      Great story Nathan I am sure it was no coincidence........

      Thanks for posting it Lorri
      Thanks for your comments Sean. We are lighting up the Christmas tree in our local church ground today! Our local authority paid for and supplied a massive 40ft tree and lights. We are the first in our city to have one and did it last year too.

      We invite local people to tie a red ribbon on for lost loved ones. It was very touching all over the holiday to see the ribbons growing more and more each day but in an area where this would normally have been vandalised, it was left alone. Hopefully the same will happen this year

    13. #13
      Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      mary's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Nicaragua
      Posts
      217
      Rep Power
      13

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Crystallorri View Post
      I am so sorry about your friend Mary but please believe me, if someone is on that path, no matter what loved ones do, they will carry on and succeed if they are serious.
      I spent most of my adult life trying to save my mother and yet, she still managed to do it in the end.
      Know they are no longer in that pain or in that place and are at peace
      Yes I cried too when I saw the site and the candles on the sea but its all about healing and remembering. While we remember them, they will always be with us
      HUGS
      Thank you Lorri, I didn't know you had experienced something like that, and to tell you that I admire you for stay strong, and full of life and hope, I know that if I lose my mother that way I wouldn't be that strong.

      As for Rodrigo, now I know there was nothing I could do for him, but what's hurt me the most is that it was so sudden, no one expected he would do that. I can't help thinking that maybe if I knew and tried to do something, even if in the end he would do the same anyway, I would have some peace of mind, knowing that I did all that I could, my mind, my brain tells me everytime that there was nothing I could do and that it wasn't anybody's fault, but my feelings... well I cannot control them.
      Nothing to say... silence is just beautiful

    14. #14
      Senior Member
      is getting there
       
      I am:
      Secret
       
      Kiran's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Away with the fairies!
      Posts
      5,921
      Blog Entries
      46
      Rep Power
      49

      Default

      Well if you didn't have any hurt Mary I would be worried! Yes our head knows the truth here and yet our hearts still carry the pain and guilt. You were a freind to Rodrigo and that is all you could do to help. To know he wasn't alone totally is all they sometimes need.
      My mother was very sudden in the end and yes, I lost my brother that way too in a round about kinda way but its knowing they are no longer in that pain that caused them to want to self-destruct that keeps me strong. I know they are together and are now who they were meant to be in life...at peace and happy.

      HUGS

    15. #15
      Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!
       
      I am:
      Friendly
       
      Narnia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      ... Everywhere ...
      Posts
      6,088
      Rep Power
      49

      Default

      I lit, a candle for all 29 members here on Mysterious Wisdom.....
      Attached Images Attached Images
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

    16. #16
      Mr. Brightside
      Guest
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
      I lit, a candle for all 29 members here on Mysterious Wisdom.....
      Thats very sweet Polly

    17. #17
      Forum Moderator
      is The Dark Knight
       
      I am:
      Geeky
       
      Mr B's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      There!
      Posts
      1,533
      Rep Power
      21

      Default

      Thank you Polly, that's really sweet.

    18. #18
      Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!
       
      I am:
      Friendly
       
      Narnia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      ... Everywhere ...
      Posts
      6,088
      Rep Power
      49

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
      Thats very sweet Polly
      Quote Originally Posted by Mathius Quest View Post
      Thank you Polly, that's really sweet.
      You're most welcome, my dear friends!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

    19. #19
      Senior Member
      is Living in my now
       
      I am:
      Meh
       
      Rana's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      1,536
      Blog Entries
      55
      Rep Power
      24

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by stresslessgirl View Post
      When I first read the thread's name I never thought there would be so sad and hard to read, suddenly I found myself remembering the ones no longer with me, so after I cried I decided to light a candle specially to my first boyfriend Rodrigo, he decided to take his own life 15 years ago, I hope he had found the peace he was looking for, also light a candle to those who are depressed and sad and for their family and friends for them to be able to see the signs, sure we grieve and feel guilty for miss those signs.
      he found peace ..i feel that ..he was welcomed by his Grandmother from his mothers side .. and i think a brother (or brother figure) he has the feeling of having many people from one family in spirit before their time. although he still isnt interested in gaining enlightenment because "its not cool for him" hes just "crusiing along" ..also i agree with acknowledging people who are depressed or sad etc ..and it takes a special person to firstly notice and to reach out and offer help or atleast a hello... xox
      i just want to say thankyou to everyones prayers and wishes ..ive been feeling the love X









      " BE PRESENT "

    20. #20
      Senior Member
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      mary's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Nicaragua
      Posts
      217
      Rep Power
      13

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by oceanentity View Post
      he found peace ..i feel that ..he was welcomed by his Grandmother from his mothers side .. and i think a brother (or brother figure) he has the feeling of having many people from one family in spirit before their time. although he still isnt interested in gaining enlightenment because "its not cool for him" hes just "crusiing along" ..also i agree with acknowledging people who are depressed or sad etc ..and it takes a special person to firstly notice and to reach out and offer help or atleast a hello... xox
      i just want to say thankyou to everyones prayers and wishes ..ive been feeling the love X
      I just want you to know that I deep value your words, that's all I wanted to know that's he's at peace and that he wasn't alone when his spirit leave his earth body, and that he was welcome, many years, and still sometimes, we thought *because that was the priest said* the ones who kill themselves went directly to hell, how many countless nights before I went to sleep this statement became nightmares and sorrow, im glad he's finally at peace and ease as he never was when he was alive in this life. I thank you so so much.
      Nothing to say... silence is just beautiful

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •