• Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever seen a 'Spirit'?

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

.. i can see peoples spirits ..through their bodies , at times ..sometimes there are different types ( i know this sounds weird) i havent grasped what the "other" ones are ? sometimes your spirit isnt doing the same thing your body is doing ..its very interesting ..makes a party a whole lot more fun !

" BE PRESENT "

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Rana - I have heard of this before and they can sometimes be referred to as 'walk-ins' I think. I honestly don't know enough about the topic however I know Peter and DB would probably have more information on this.

V - Yes I understand what you are saying my friend. Thats why I clarified that often times a spirit doesn't realise its no longer connected to the physical and can get frustrated as to why no one is connecting with them and this can cause problems for people in a property.

Administrator
      is testing new status and mods
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Hmm Cant say for sure they are 'walk ins' The ones I met 'used' the host body to communicate and pass guidance on but they didn't own it.
      Suppose it still could be as I don't get to ask many questions back.

Thinking on what Rana said, I suppose that could explain why you could feel something for someone but not even or know them (or sometime like them) but every time see them you both 'know' deep down somethings going on but cant even start to explain it...

Well thats how I feel it.

Forum Moderator
      is The Dark Knight

I am:
      Geeky

I've never seen a spirit but however i can feel them.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

I have never seen a spirit but I have felt one near to me. When I was a child I lived in a convent, I slept in a room with 1 other child on the top floor, there was another room just up the corridor with 2 other children in it, On a weekend everybody used to go home to their parents but I couldn't so had to stay the weekend at the home. Its hard to describe how terrifying this place was (especially to a young child) you had to go up this big staircase up onto a landing then through a door up a winding staircase onto an L shaped landing then into my bedroom. I was the only person sleeping on the top floor on a weekend and my imagination used to run wild. I remember feeling that something was in the room with me, you could just feel a presence. My brother once said he was in the bed next to mine and he woke up one night and there was a chair were my bed was with an old man rocking backwards and forwards. Lights used to go on by themselves, I was 8 or 9 at the time and will always remember the fear I felt. I used to dread weekends.

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by God's Toy View Post
      ...Thinking on what Rana said, I suppose that could explain why you could feel something for someone but not even or know them (or sometime like them) but every time see them you both 'know' deep down somethings going on but cant even start to explain it...

Well thats how I feel it...
      Hmmm, in my own funny way (be it the 'invisible connection'), I understand your words my friend...even though 'one can't even start to explain it' how that happens or how it works.

There is the 'connection' *if the opportunity presents itself where the two are physically together*...where they know how to or where to start...kind of like...a conversation that was started, but was never finished...like 'you pick up where you left off'. It's like, an unspoken mutual understanding...

Does that make any sense?
      Last edited by Narnia; November 8th, 2008 at 01:51 PM.

Administrator
      is testing new status and mods
      settings

I am:
      Godly

Blog Entries

Not trying to bring this off topic or anything but:
      Yes Polly, thats something many of us have known for a long time. Suppose we never have a forum to bring it out in the open until now.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Again

Probably my fault, I posted here allready, but don't see it, it was rather long,
      so I will just say, Yes, everyday I see and converse with spirits,
      and that we are spirit as well, and I got the idea that perhaps that's
      when we are capable of seeing a spirit, when we realize we are too.

Peace and Love,
      DangerBird.

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

I like to consider myself a spiritual person, although I do not have much visual interaction with spirits, I have felt certain 'vibes' and a great number of them here in New England, where I live....there are many haunted houses here....

Anyway, my Dad passed away Dec 96, a few days after X-Mas. And since then, I have only felt his 'spirit'/presence a few times...(moreso after his passing). My Dad's spirit would always come in the form of an owl or a hawk...(those being his favourite birds)...but my Mom and my Sister feel his presence on a regular basis.

I find it interesting that he doesn't 'visit' me very often....which is fine by me....I don't take it personally and I am not at all offended either....I think he knows that I am cool with this and it is not needed.

In a way I was happy for him...because...mainly, he was no longer in pain. And also he could finally 'give-up'...which he had attempted a few times in his life...so, his passing was something he wanted...and could finish.

We had our own understanding when he moved on...
      Last edited by Narnia; November 9th, 2008 at 06:53 PM.
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

A few years ago I was working in an empty house (It was occupied but the residents were out at the time), and the lad I was with was laying a carpet upstairs on the landing, I was downstairs, I heard him mutter something and thought he was just rambling to himself, Then I heard him say something else, So I walked to the bottom of the stairs looked up and said who are you talking to. His face went white and he looked at me for a moment and said I thought it was you, There was somebody up here with me. He swears to this day someone walked past him on the landing

is i am U

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I see a few things ...
      Wish I could see a little more....though
      dark shadows and white shadows...
      somebody told me once it happens due to the time that I was born at...
      something to do with twighlight..not being day or night....
      Does anybody know anything about this ..I would love to hear what you have to say...
      V

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Im going to relate three different things here. Ill post them separately.

the first happened when i as about 14. I was pretty much a street kid and stayed out to all hours of the night. My sister, though a year older than me, wasn't and had a strict curfew. One night, I found her hanging out and realized shed snuck out. Not wanting my mom to find out, I accompanied her home (My mom wouldnt even bat an eyelash hearing me come in and i thought that would mask my sister coming in). Anyway, that started a night neither one of us will ever forget and one that to this day we cant explain. The walk home was uneventful. But when we got home, we enter into a large foyer that leads to a hall. In that hall was a small statuette of a cherub sitting on a book case. That thing was looking at us with eyes burning red. We BOTH saw it and I even went up to it, looked around it for wires (thought our brother was playing a joke on us) and picked it up. It was hot and gave me a second degree burn. YET, the top of the bookcase was COLD. After running my hand under cold water for some time, we went back out into the hall and there sat the cherub like nothing ever happened!

Then the light suddenly went on and flicked right off again. Now, the light switch was behind us towards the front door. There were no bedrooms on that side and therefore no one who was in the house could have flicked that switch. Furthermore, I LOCKED the door when we came in. Now, Im going to tell you that its possible to see shadow in almost total darkness, because there was clearly a shadow there that moved away from us towards the door. Again, we BOTH saw it. And it wasnt like we had to discuss it. My sister just said maybe we should follow it. That told me she saw the same thing I saw. But then it was gone.

We just stood there dumbfounded and not knowing what else to do we both went to our respective bedrooms. Things got decidely hairy after that. I shared a bedrrom with my younger brother and he was sound asleep. I undress, jump in bed and about 3 mins passed when suddenly the front door opens and theres the distinct sound of footsteps on the wooden floor and i hear the hallway bathroom door open, slam shut and the shower go on. My brother slept through the whole ruckus. I get up and go and see whats going on and see the light of the bathroom on under the door. By now, my sister joined me from her room. Shed also heard it. Apparently no one else did! I knock on the bathroom door and got no answer. But you could hear that someone was inside. I send my sister to my older brothers room to see if its him. Hes fast asleep! The only other person it could have possibly been was my father who had done one of his disapperaing acts (my Dad was a ghost soldier for the US government and often did a vanishing act). Except that suddenly, the shower stops, the light goes out and I could hear the lock click. Total silence. I carefully open the door. Theres absolutely no one there.

My sister and i ended up falling asleep in the living room about 4 hours later. Nothing else happened. At least not to us. We were awakened by my mom. It was Saturday and breakfast was cooking. My sister asked me how my hand was. Id completely forgotten about my hand. I look at it. Theres nothing. Absolutely no evidence of the second degee burn Id gotten just hours earler. Her lips start to tremble. The poor girl was terrified. I hugged her and told her it was ok and we go join our family for breakfast. My older brother is sitting there eeriely quiet. I asked him if something was bothering him. He told me that he had nightmares and related a story that was identical to what my sister and I experienced. With one huge exception. Whatever was in that bathroom came out and attacked him in his bed. I was floored. I thought Yoly (my sis) was going to faint. Peter (my bro) then gets up and walks away and returns a minute later with his nightshirt. Its torn to ribbons, like something with claws hacked at it. My mom wasnt in the room during this exchange and we never told her about it.

To this day we cant explain what happened that night. Nothing like that ever happened again, although years later i had an encounter with an Ouija board that would make your skin crawl. Ill tell that one later if I get a chance.

Then there was something about my death vision that relates to spirits that ill share.
      Last edited by Jester Black; November 14th, 2008 at 04:40 PM.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

That would have freaked me out big time Jay, especially when you opened the bathroom door and your brothers story thanks for sharing.

Lights seem to be a plaything of spirits, I have had encounters with lights going off and on again with no explanation and so have many members of my family.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I’ve related in past posts on the EMB how I died and came back after a stray bullet tore through me. I’ve also related what some people would consider an out of body experience, but totally unlike anything you normally hear about, what I personally consider more of a “tour” of the inner workings of creation and a look at a possible future of that creation.

I can see, or more like sense, the strands of creation. I have been able to all my life but am for the most part unconscious of it. I wasn’t even aware of it until that death vision. Growing up, I was called El Gato (Cat) because I seemed to have nine lives. Things would happen to me that should have killed me, but somehow I always managed to get “out of the way” in a nick of time. That AC that fell from a 3rd floor window and crashed the chair I was sitting in just 2 seconds before for example. Stuff like that was and still is pretty common in my life. People always said that I had a guardian angel watching over me. I know that wasn’t the case per se. It’s because I have a sense of how the strands of creation interact with each other. It’s the same thing that makes me an uncanny strategist. Because I see how everything relates, I can accurately predict its outcome.

So what on earth has to do with spirits? Well it has everything to do with it and to understand I need to take you back to my death vision and explain exactly what I saw.

As I said it was like being given a tour of the inner workings of creation. One the things I’ve come to realize is that creation “learns” and that the learning is essential to its health. Each physical manifestation of creation is like a thread. From those threads grow an untold number of filaments that reach out to other threads. Sort of like the neuroconnections of the brain, but yet different because these threads are not organic in nature…they are light. Every single one of these threads feeds back to a single tiny point…like the smallest black hole imaginable. But it’s what you see IN the threads that’s important. There’s a myriad of globes in a mind boggling array of colors. Some are clearly physical manifestations; others brim with a glow that is very clearly spiritual in nature. I could actually see into some of them of a certain bluish color and what I saw in them were……memories. All of these globes were making their way to that pinpoint to be swallowed up. Now this is important. Even among those bluish globes I could tell there were two very distinctive types…one carried single memories…others a vast collection presented in a very different way, like a cause and effect of those individual memories acting upon each other.

It dawned on me that what I was seeing was the memories of human beings, in one case those that were being produced at the moment and in the other…the memories of the newly deceased…in totality. Those filaments are the interactions between different manifestations of creation and the way in which “things learned” are passed between them. Those are then passed as memories proactively and then again as whole manifestations when human beings die to this pinpoint which I’ve come to understand as the essence of creation itself. There’s another mass of “threads that EMERGE from that pinpoint and there is only ONE globe in those and those threads were still reaching and growing filaments. I understand that that’s the rebirth of the knowledge gained from those memories creation was being bombarded with.

Mind you, I could only see into the blue ones…but there were literally globes of millions of colors. The scope was mind boggling. The implication, well, Ill let you come to your own conclusions.

It’s this that I sense. In essence each one of those globes is “spirit”. Some of them represent aspects of the “living” spirit, others the spirits of the departed as a whole. What Im picking up on is the fact that Creation recycles itself through the spirit realm. I said in another thread that there is no conflict between religion and spirituality. This is why. Religion is just a means to explain the reality of spirit in a way we can understand. Spirituality is picking up on the latent abilities what I just described would imply. In that respect, they are one and the same.

I don’t see dead people” like that kid in the Sixth Sense. I feel them, not as thinking sentient beings…but as energy being sent along a channel. But more importantly I can sense the “spirits” of the living as well, those lessons being passed at the time of the learning itself and its THAT which gives me the ability to see that split second into the future as they play off one another. It’s that which allows me to effect outcome. The future based on the past. Another thing that happens from time to time is that I can sometimes look at a person and know exactly what they dreamt the night before. I’m not entirely sure how it relates, but I know it does. I suspect that it’s in our dream state that we pass our memories as aspects of spirit back to creation. I can’t do this at will and it’s actually rare. But it’s always a very profound moment when I sense that.

I believe that every living being has this ability to a degree but that’s its latent in most of us. I have it in a very small way. Others have had it in big ways and I truly believe that there have been those born with the complete history of the cosmos available to them for recall at will. Think about that and all that implies.

Now let’s go back to my bathroom visitor. I have entertained the thought that perhaps we were not visited at all. That the "spirit" was the spiritual manifestation of my brother Peter as he dreamt. That I somehow got trapped in his dream because of my ability to sense the strands of creation and that I somehow dragged my sister along with me, who clearly doesn’t have the abilities I seem to have. The only part that stops me from saying that with absolute certainty is that torn up shirt. Why? Because if I’m right, then either my brother did that to himself (and he did decend into a world of drugs and alcohol after that that almost killed him) or…….I somehow did it. And the thought of that terrifies me.

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

WHOA, Jay...that's wickedly intense!!

Your vision, the "Threads and Globes", reminds me of a vision or a day dream, I had many years ago...

I called it the "Hallway of Bubbles"...?
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Ghost - Spirits

Hi

What are spirit do we really know as for me is that strange things has happen to me all my life. I love programs like crossing over do you not get that answer that you are looking for or the voice within telling you something is it a spirit guide or a deceased person that you once knew that has cross over. Or are you talking about a spirit as something attaching you coming from god knows where tell me about it and i have experieced such weird things along my Journey.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Some may say it was a dream, but I refuse to accept it as such.

Before he passed, my great grandfather (my mom's, mom's father) and I were very close. When he passed, it was sudden, and I was devastated.

Two weeks later, I was awoken, I'll say, around two in the morning, though I have no idea, by a shadow standing in my doorway. I was spooked but not frightened the way one usually is when they see a shadow. I sat up in my bed out of curiosity-- I didn't know what it was, but it didn't frighten me. As the shadow approached it coalesced into a solid being-- it was my great grandfather. He sat on the side of my bed with his big smile. I could feel the mattress indent with his weight. I was almost in shock over his presence, but I couldn't bring myself to touch him in anyway. As if being controlled be some gentle, external force, I lay back down in my bed. He pulled my covers up, tucked me in and kissed me on my forehead. I felt a warm sensation all over my body. I rolled over and went to sleep almost immediately. The next morning, my grief was mysteriously gone.

I think he knew how his passing affected me, so he came back from where ever he is to let me know it was alright, and tell me how much he loved me, and to cure me of my pain. I still get a little choked up recalling the incident-- it happened probably 20 years ago.

I didn't tell anyone including my parents for years for fear that they wouldn't believe me. I finally told my mom a few years ago. She almost cried-- she had no doubts it was real. She told me she had had a dream (or vision, maybe?) about him a few weeks before he died. In her dream, she was sitting with him at a table in a dark room with a dim light above it reminiscent of a police interrogation room. In the middle of the table there was a bouquet of roses of all different colors. He reached into the vase and pulled out a black rose and handed it to her. She said she was struck with an immediate and intense sense of sadness that she could not shake even after she woke up.

If my encounter was a dream, which I refuse to accept, it was the first time I had a dream that real, and it was also the only time I have ever dreamt that vividly.
      Last edited by messickc; January 2nd, 2009 at 07:49 AM.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Black View Post
      ...years later i had an encounter with an Ouija board that would make your skin crawl.
      I know I speak on behalf of almost everyone here when I say, "I'm waiting!!!" My instant messenger dinged while I was reading your bathroom ghost story, and I almost peed myself!!!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Hmmm never seen a spirit but i do believe.The only thing i have had was 3 weeks ago in Kitchen at 3.00am(leave for work at 3.30am)And heard a Whisper in my ear,turned around expecting wife behind me.But all family still asleep and doors closed.Did not scare me,just strange i thought.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Yes Will, I have had a similar experience