• Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Colour Therapy

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Colour Therapy

Throughout history colour and light has been used by every culture, religion and society in a variety of ways to treat disease. By altering the colours which surround us, colour therapy proposes that we can alter our state of health. It has been proven that light (or the absence light) can have an effect on the hypothalamus and the pineal and pituitary glands and subsequently on our mental and physical states of health. Colour Therapy has grown out of this ancient use of colour to enhance health and well being.

Light is part of the elecromagnetic spectrum along with invisible radio waves, x-rays and microwaves. Colour is the visible light in the elecromagnetic spectrum. Most other parts of the electromagnetic spectrum have scientifically-demonstrable effects on the human mind and body, both good and bad (for example, the damaging effects of x-ray radiation). Colour therapists simply suggest that the visible part of the spectrum can work on the mind and body too.

What happens?

Colour therapists consider your aura, which is an array of colours which emanate naturally from all of us but which few of us can observe, to be a matter of fact part of the human condition as opposed to a clairvoyant or mystical phenomenon.

The therapist will note your medical history and current state of health and then observe your aura either by concentration or behind a Kilner screen (two sheets of glass which have a cyanine dye encapsulated between them).

Colour therapists believe that each organ, body part, emotion or mental state responds to a specific colour. By observing the colours in your aura they can then use colour to treat those aspects that seem to be lacking in health.

What forms of treatment will they use?

Treatment can take various forms:

Sunlight focused on an area of the body

Use of certain coloured foods to be used in your diet as chemicals which colour a food have specific reactions within the body i.e. carotene (found in carrots and sweet potatoes has an orange colour and is part of the Vitamin A formula which is used for maintaining healthy skin, mucous membranes, etc.

Drinking Rainbow Water where water is poured into a coloured container and exposed to sunlight. The colours on the container impart their energies to the water and is then drunk to imbibe these energies.

Colour breathing which requires you to imagine colours as you breathe deeply.

White light shone through coloured filters is directed on to parts or to the whole of the body.

Clothing colours as certain colours in your clothes filter light for your body to absorb.

They may include the use of crystals/gemstones into the threapy as these work on the chakras and the corresponding colours.

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

thankyou for this insight lorri im trully going to meditate ont his aspect of healing more because i know it is useful in many ways, my favourite healing colour is what i call new leaf green ..for the obvious ..when i see this colour any where it calms me..im working on a grounding process at the moment so ive been working with the red chakra and the colour itsself ,only gently and introduction wise carfully because of the power of red to also influence mood so strongly, ive been growing roots esotherically which has so far helped me in many ways ..

" BE PRESENT "

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Well green is the healing colour Rana so thats a good colour to work with always Yes I know what you mean about red...its a colour I am more and more drawn to at the moment too...maybe I need some power?? lol Mwhhaaahhhaaa...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default colour

I was thinking of using colour therapy as part of my artwork, does anyone
      have any websites to recommend about this healing by colour?
      Peace and Love,
      DangerBird.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default aura

I am told my aura is bright white, which may sound good, but from
      what I hear it is a sighn of a tortured mind...got that alot,
      I remember Yoda my cat and teacher, when I asked about him about it,he
      showed me he could change his to any colour at will, when he was
      human he was a renound guru in India, it scares me to think we will
      never meet again, but he vowed 25 years with me, died at 15, and I
      know he is putting in the rest of the time in another way, he really
      was a special being, his name Yoda means the re-uniting of man and animal,
      and though I am one person, he sure shed alot of light onto my soul
      as to what this really means...I'm afraid it just can't happen here,
      but the future is unkown.
      Peace and Love,
      DangerBird.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Sounds like a good idea DB!! I have added some sites you might find useful below:

http://www.colourtherapyhealing.com/
      http://www.colourtherapyireland.com/
      http://www.crystalinks.com/colors.html

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

thought i would add this story here , when i was around 18 i was interested and had been meditating n 'seeing" auras ,at that time and for me i could only see a type of clear light or a white one, i was actually reading this book on a pier in a place called Lorne and my boyfriend at the time was fishing every now and then i would peer up from the book and squint my eyes and focus on seeing aura ,well instead i had a physical glimpse into another dimension and i saw this HUGE like aeorcraft ..sort of like see thru like water but solid also it was over head , i looked arouund to see if anyone else was shocked to see what i could but no one did ,it flew throught the air for a few meters and then i lost my awareness of it ..and thatw as when i was trying to see auras !! i use colors to do self healing or with my children, but i naturally tend to see this white ..sort of water color light mainly.

" BE PRESENT "

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Hey ya

Hi Ocean,
      That sounds alot like the living spacecraft I've had the honour of meeting,
      They are alot older than our race and have the ability to change form,
      move into another dimention like we walk into another room, even transversing
      time,
      Peace friend,
      DangerBird.
      Last edited by userid7; June 9th, 2009 at 06:53 AM. Reason: awaw

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I too use colours when healing but cannot see auras (as yet at this moment in time) although I can feel them.
      I often 'see' an illness or disease as a particular colour and use other colours to heal and clear it.
      Also its a known fact that colour can influence our moods and even our health.