• Wtf
  • Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Therapy

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Crystal Therapy

Note: This is just a guide to Crystal Therapy.

This is one close to my own heart! If anyonw wants me to expand on this anytime, please let me know

What is Crystal Therapy?
      Crystals are precious and semi-precious stones, credited with particular astrological, esoteric, and physical properties. Each stone has a particular vibration pattern which can act upon a body’s energy field to increase the available energy and also to correct any
      imbalance or blockages.

Crystals have been used to transmit healing energy from a healer or other external energy source to a patient, and treatment can be given by placing the crystal on a specific part of the body such as an associated chakra or acupuncture point, or by placing them in configurations or patterns surrounding the client. Particular crystals are credited with special healing properties.

Select the crystal which has the properties to help you. A list has been provided in order to help you with choosing your crystal. Or.....simply pick the stone that "calls" to you!
      First decide why you are doing the crystal work. Is it for you or someone else? What is the problem? Do you need to give or receive energy? What does it require?
      Tuning in to any energy is the ability to quiet the mind, allowing your inner self, or intuition, to perceive truth. By practicing this art, we develop a sensitivity toward inner information and the ability to condition our mind to listen on a much more subtle level. This developing can allow us the ability to sense energy and actually perceive on an even more subconscious plane.

Crystal therapy, when used in healing - will help to rebalance energy through placement of the crystals over the charkas.

Red Stones: protection, courage, energy. Help with blood, relieve anemia, stop bleeding, heal rashes and wounds.

Pink Stones: calm, soothe, stop distress, help with love. They smooth difficulties in relationships, help with self-love and are good for group rituals.

Orange Stones: for personal power, self esteem. They are connected to the Sun, attract luck and success, assists in positive outcomes.

Yellow Stones: communication, inspiration, protection, visualization, travel, digestion, nervous system, skin problems, breathing disorders.

Green Stones: These are for healing. Eyes, kidneys, stomach, migraines, esp. Help with money, luck, prosperity, grounding and balance.

Blue Stones: calm emotions, sleep, healing, ulcers and inflammation. Use them in the bath for purification.

Purple Stones: mysticism, purification, meditation, psychic work, subconscious, health, obedience, headaches, mental illness, hair problems and sleep.

White Stones: These are ruled by the Moon. Sleep, psychism, promote lactation, protection after dark, gets rid of headaches

Black Stones: self control, grounding, resilience, quiet power, grounding, invisibility, peace, anxiety.

Crystals will transform and balance energy fields, bringing a helpful harmony to the environment.
      Meditation and crystals are both tools to assist us on the journey of life.

is i am U

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I have done some of this also...
      Balancing the energy centres in the body...
      amazing healing also.....
      after these types of healing my body requires deep rest ....
      deep rest is a reslut that some kind of healing took place
      V

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Yes V...I love working with crystals...I use them all around my home for everything from the TV etc! I have even used them under the bed when I had trouble sleeping.
      You are right about the gentle way they work and the deep rest you get form them....mind you...get a bit of malachite or obsidian used on someone stubbornly holding onto negative emotions, and you'll see some fireworks!!!

is i am U

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

My mum has alot of differnt kinds of crystals and stones around the home ....
      Amazing energies ....yes
      I used to sleep with a quartz crysral under my pillow it always ended up under my back before the am...
      that did wonders for me...
      V

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I had a problem sleeping a few years back...lots of nightmares/re****ing stuff etc and I put a circle of amethysts under the bed. I slept like a baby and never had any issues really after that. The nightmares and everything stopped!
      I always have a piece of celestite besides me on the bedside locker as I love the angelic/celestial energy off it at night

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Crystal healing works on all levels and relates directly to organs and chakras.
      Crystals and gemstones have a similar vibrational energy to us, especially clear quartz. They work gently, unobtrusively and do not have to be believed in to work.
      They can be worn as jewellery or placed around the home depending on what you want to do with them.
      I am going to start listing some of the various crystals and the effect they have on the various bodies.
      If anyone has anything they wish to ask, please feel free and if I can, I'll answer it

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

i have a connection to crystals ..when i started being drawn to them dad was like 'ohhh' because he said when i was lil in New Zealand he would always end up on a day out with a pocket full of rocks ..hee hee ..their magic ..awesome .. my favourite is dessert rose ..oh man Lorri i could go On & on about my "other" babies ..i know you understand ..(phew)

" BE PRESENT "

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Oh yes I do!!! I haven't seen desert rose for a long time now...hmm...wonder if theres a message in there somewhere for me? lol

Well if you ever have anything to add here honey...please feel free and yes, I have 'babies' all over my home and love giving them as gifts. Ask Peter and Kiera!!! lol

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Agate

This is THE stone everyone should have for protection. This group of stones are variegated chalcedony. (see also moss agate, eye agate) The agate is one of the oldest stones in recorded history.

Agates attract strength. Agate is a protection from bad dreams. It also protects from stress and energy drains. Agates have been used in jewelry since Biblical Babylonian times. They were used to ward off storms. They were prized gems in antiquity. The agates with banded colors were placed at the head of a sleeper to give rich and varied dreams. Agates have been thought to be good to harden the gums.

Healing properties of agate
      Agate is used for stomach upsets. Place the agate on the solar plexus. The agate can't change emotions, but helps to change our level of acceptance of the emotion. Such as when you are very sad the agate will let you know that this will pass and help you get on to another and better day. This is why the Agate is considered so powerful as it gives us the strength to carry on. Carry an agate when you have to make an important decision.

Sources of agate
      Probably the most famous place that agate is mined is Idar-Oberstein in Germany where it has been collected since 1548. Other locations to find agate are Uruguay, Brazil, United States, Mexico, Madagascar, Italy, Egypt, India, China, Scotland.

Moss agate is a multi-shade of green that resembles moss or trees from a distance. It is sometimes found with bands of brown agate and when this occurs it is called mocha stone.

Moss agates are considered the most powerful of the agates. It was the agate of warriors. Moss agate is the most powerful of the agates that helps balance emotional energy. It helps the user to let go of anger and bitterness, so the emotions are balanced. When used in jewelry the moss agate is believed to bring the wearer health, friends and riches.
      Moss agate enhances concentration, persistence, endurance and success in one's endeavors. It is an abundance stone.
      Healing properties of moss agate
      Moss Agate strengthens in times of stress.
      It is helpful in relieving sensitivities to weather and pollution. Midwives use it to assist in successful birthing. It is used to speed up recovery, conteract long term illnesses, cleanse the circulatory and elimination systems.

Blue lace agate is one of the rarest and most popular of the agates.
      This is a calming, uplifting stone. The blue color strengthens the function of the throat chakra and encourages peace. It can be used wherever there is a build up of painful or irritated energy.
      Healing properties of blue lace agate
      Wear or carry blue lace agate for peace and happiness. Place it in your hand when you feel the need to de-stress. If you find yourself in stressful situations at work or home, keep some blue lace agate on your desk and simply gaze at it for relief.
      In the home, surround blue lace agate stones with light blue candles to calm the atmosphere and reduce family quarrels.

Carnelian (also sometimes referred to as cornelian) is found primarily in India, as well as various sites in South America. It is a variety of chalcedony. The most favorable pieces are a deep red to red-orange hue. Carnelian has a long and storied past, and was once considered strictly the property of the noble class. People holding a high social status were often buried with this gem stone.
      Want more pep in your life? Keep a carnelian with you and feel the energy flow to you. Carnelian is used for these benefits:
      gives energy
      protects from bad vibrations
      guards against poverty
      helps give a sense of humor
      calms the temper
      Healing properties of Carnelian
      Carnelian is an energy booster. It helps the insecure person to find strength within them so they can come into their own. It is said to increase the appetite.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Amazonite

This semi-opaque blue-green variety of feldspar is named after the Amazon River.

Amazonite balances feminine and masculine energy. It promotes kindness and practicality. It is an excellent stone for artists and for men.

Pale azure blue amazonite is know as the lucky "Hope Stone". It will be lucky for all your hopes and dreams. Amazonite is blue-green to pale green stone in the feldspar group. It comes mainly from United States and Australia.

Healing properties of amazonite
      Amazonite helps balance the emotions and gives physical stamina.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Amber

Amber is technically not a gemstone or mineral, but a fossilized sap from prehistoric trees that has aged over the course of millions of years. Amber is usually thought of as yellow golden in hue, but amber also can be found in shades of milky white, red-orange, green, black and even (very rarely) violet.

Early physicians prescribed amber for headaches, heart problems, arthritis and a variety of other ailments. In ancient times, amber was carried by travellers for protection. To early Christians, amber signified the presence of the Lord.

In the Far East, amber is the symbol of courage; Asian cultures regard amber as the 'soul of the tiger'; Egyptians placed a piece of amber in the casket of a loved one to ensure the body would forever remain whole.

Amber energy properties

Brings a care free, sunny disposition
      Promotes good luck and success
      Dissolves oppositions
      Helps with stomach, spleen and kidney complaints
      Reduces joint problems
      Alleviates teething pain in babies

Not to be worn too frequently above the waist. Earrings can be worn but not everyday as this can be a powerful stone and may give the wearer headaches after a while.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Amethyst

One of my personal favourite stones.

Crystalline quartz in shades of purple, lilac or mauve is called amethyst, a stone traditionally worn to guard against drunkeness and to instill a sober mind. The word amethyst comes from the Greek meaning "without drunkenness" and amethyst is beleived to protect one from poison.

Power Stone
      It is used as a dream stone and to help insomnia. Put an amethyst under your pillow to bring about pleasant dreams, or rub it across your forehead to offer relief from a headache.

Protection Stone
      Ancient Egyptians used the amethyst guard against guilty and fearful feelings. It has been worn as protection from self-deception, as well as a protection against witchcraft. The amethyst has long been used to open the spiritual and psychic centers, making it one of the power stones. It is also used as a meditation aid when worn as a necklace.

Wisdom Stone
      The amethyst is known as the Bishop's Stone and is still worn by Catholic Bishops. The amethyst symbolizes piety, humility, sincerity and spiritual wisdom. It is thought the amethyst is the perfect stone to symbolize The Age of Aquarius.

Healing properties of Amethyst
      Amethyst is a gemstone often worn by healers, as it has the power to focus energy. A healer will usually wear several pieces of jewelry with amethysts set in silver, especially an amethyst necklace. The person to be healed will have an Amethyst to hold while the healing is being done. The healer will place another piece of Amethyst on the area of the body in need of healing, the heart or lungs usually.

Amethyst is used for problems in the blood and in breathing problems. Amethyst crystal clusters are used to keep the air and life force in the home clean and positive.

Amethyst clusters, points or several tumbled Amethysts placed in a window that receives sun most of the day are very beneficial to use in healing and to heal negativity in the home. Place Amethyst clusters, points or several tumbled Amethysts in moonlight and everyone in the home will be feeling calmer. Using an Amethyst as a meditation focus will increase the positive spiritual feelings. Amethyst helps overcome fears and cravings. It also helps relieve headaches.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Aqua Aura

Aqua Aura Crystal is produced through a special process in which the surface of the crystal quartz is bonded with vaporized, finely powdered pure gold. This results in a stunning brilliant blue with iridescent rainbow flashes.

This color-enhanced crystal is effective in stimulating the throat chakra, enhancing your ability to communicate inner truth, and to express inner emotions in a positive way.

Aqua Aura safeguards from psychological attacks.

Aqua Aura combines well with these stones:

Amethyst
      Danburite
      Charoite
      Lapis Lazuli
      Chrysoprase
      Rhodochrosite
      Iolite
      Citrine

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Aquamarine

This is the stone to help you be in touch with your spiritual being. This stone is used in deep meditations.

Aquamarine is a blue-green stone that comes from Colombia and Brazil. It has been called "Water of the Sea", because of its color. The aquamarine is the stone of sailors, believing it would be protection for them on water. Folklore says the aquamarine will protect against gossip. It is also said the aquamarine will pick up spirits. It is an excellent stone to use for meditating.

Aquamarine is most powerful as a meditation stone, as it brings a great peace and serenity. Some people can meditate on an Aquamarine to receive the wisdom to see truth, but this is a very advanced meditation.

Healing properties of Aquamarine
      Aquamarine is associated with the thymus gland. It is very soothing worn as a necklace. It will help reduce fluid retention. It has been used to calm the nerves.

The Romans used the aquamarine for diseases of the stomach, and believed it could cure liver and throat troubles.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Aventurine

You should never buy a lottery ticket without an aventurine in your left pocket. Lady Luck will be in your left pocket. This is the stone of opportunity. Aventurine is known as the stone of chance or luck. If you gamble or play the lotto, keep this stone in your left pocket.

Aventurine is mainly quartz, a quartzite, usually containing mica. It occurs in several colors including green, red and blue.

Green Aventurine is the stone of luck and chance. It is said to increase perception and creative insight. It is a heart chakra stone.

Blue Aventurine is an Aries stone that opens the Third eye chakra. It is a powerful mental healer that increases vitality and a positive outlook. This stone assists in self-discipline and developing inner strength.

Healing properties of Aventurine
      It is used to aid nearsightedness. Aventurine has a stabilizing effect on the emotions. It is excellent for teenagers.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Azurite

Another of my personal favourites....

Azurite is formed from the oxidation of copper ores. Over time, as it absorbs water, it changes into the mineral malachite. Thus, the two are found together, creating a brilliant deep blue stone with flashes of green.

The dark brilliance of azurite speeds the vibration of energy toward the spiritual realm.

Azurite has a transformative quality that stimulates an increase in communication skills, intuition, creativity and inspiration.
      Place azurite on the third eye chakra during meditation. It will open up your inner sight. It is an excellent stone for students who are studying for exams. It helps open the mind and make it more receptive to retaining information.

Healing properties of azurite

Liver stimulant
      Aids detoxification
      Stimulates brain and nerve activity
      Encourages growth by stimulating the activity of the thyroid gland

Use with copper to increase the power of azurite.

Sources of azurite
      Azurite is found in copper mining areas such as Australia, Chile, the former USSR, Africa, China.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Bloodstone

Bloodstone (also called heliotrope) is green with distinctive red spots that resemble blood, giving this stone its name. The bloodstone was used to stop bleeding especially nosebleeds.

There is a legend that says the bloodstone was formed from the blood of Christ dripping on the green earth and solidifying. It was also called heliotrope by the Greeks and was thought to bring change. The bloodstone has been used as an amulet to protect against the evil eye. Bloodstone is the symbol of justice.

Healing properties of bloodstone
      The bloodstone is used for circulation of all energy in the body and helps to remove energy blocks. Bloodstone is used in the alignment of all the centers of the body. A healer must do this alignment while the patient lies on his stomach. It also aids in the circulation of blood. It is good to have several pieces of Bloodstone in the home to increase the flow of life energy.

Sources of bloodstone
      Locations where bloodstone can be found include India, Brazil, China, Australia, and the United States.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Blue Quartz

Blue quartz crystal is a soothing, stress-relief stone. It assists in the ability to reach out to others.

Assuages fear
      Calms the mind
      Inspires hope
      Promotes understanding your spiritual nature

Like all quartz, it can be used as a power amplifier during magic. Blue quartz is especially fine as a peace or tranquility stone.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Calcite

Calcite is a powerful amplifier and cleanser of various types of energies. This transparent crystal can be found in a variety of colors and forms. including clear, green, pink, orange and blue.

All calcites emanate a gentle energy - cleansing, revitalizing. Calcite opens energy channels.

Calcite stimulates the Fire Element to assist in moving blocked energy through the chakras.
      Each color of calcite has specific energies:

White Calcite - Cleansing and healing
      Green Calcite - emotional balance, stress relief
      Blue Calcite - psychic ability, astral travel
      Clear Calcite (Iceland Spar) - Clarity and insight, forgiveness
      Orange Calcite - Creativity, sexuality, confidence
      Honey Calcite - Persistence, intellectual power
      Pink (Mangano) Calcite - Well being, empathy, health
      Red Calcite - Vitality

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Cats Eye/Tigers Eye

Cat's eye lets you see everything. Use the cat's eye for insight and you can be a very lucky person. When used in jewelry the cat's eye may bring good luck and protection from the evil eye to the wearer. It also known to bring clear thinking and insight.

Healing properties of Cat's Eye
      Tiger's-eye or Cat's-Eye is a stone for the mind, not the body. This is a powerful stone and must be used carefully. Tiger's-eye has the power to focus the mind. It will cause the mind to have feeling of oneness and feel more direct in all thoughts. It makes one aware of one's own needs related to the needs of others. This is a very deep process and not all are capable of using the energy of the Tiger's-eye correctly.

It should be worn as a bracelet or ring set in silver and worn on the right side of the body. A personal symbol carved in Tiger's-eye is excellent for the spiritually advanced to use in meditation.