• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enigma 'social song'

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

To be honest, I expected total trash, but song is good, I like it.. Nice melody, interesting vocals, very nice.. I hope Enigma 8 goes in the same direction, I really hated Seven Lives album.. I wasn't involved in this thing, only voted for covers, but I'm glad people are jazzed about this and also love the fact that the song is free, which is a great plus...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I like the song!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

How do I download it?

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Hey Elizabeth Click here http://www.enigmasocialsong.com/lang...080;ц-2/ and then click on 'pay with a tweet or facebook post', it will connect to facebook or twitter and then you will get the link to download.

I'm really loving it after many listens, I love the atmosphere and vibe - smooth & chilled. E7 wasn't really one of my favourite Enigma albums, the beats were too aggressive and as a whole I felt it lacked a theme or cohesion. I would love a progression to a more chilled, ambient sound for E8 like this. It's really beautiful.
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”
      "The most beautiful and thought-provoking book I have ever read."

is curious.

I am:
      Piratey

Quote Originally Posted by SoulChild View Post
      I like the song!

I like the song as well.
      Congratulations (and thanks) to everyone here who played a role in its creation and development.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I love the song as well...! It's on repeat one this evening!
      I also loved reading about the progress and am also thankfull of all effort of all parties who participated in this awesome result..!
      The light buzz sound in the song is awesome, it's a great flute replacement to me, light buzz.. was that the name all right?
      Also Fox Limas voice is amazing, when she ends the phrases in a great way with a lower voice, that's awasome..
      I could clearly see MC also really enjoyed her voice a lot, when she's singing you really can see his reaction when the vocals are kicking in and playing along.. Love the vid a lot.. Thanks for posting!
      A-one, Arlette

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

song is good, I like it, but still less pop feeling and deeper sound would be preferred
      anyway the project the videos MC posted and all the stuff they did was sensational and I will repeat my big THANKS to them all for this project!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I actually am falling in love with it! It's great to see you Illias! I watched this video about 3 times in a row yesterday! And to come here and see your post, I was a little weirded out by that! Lol yes, but yesterday for some reason I was really into this song! And I do really like it!

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Enigma (moreso MC's Spirit) was calling/reaching out yesterday ... the gravity of it pulled me briefly to the emf to make one single post .... which was along the lines of ....

Things are changing, but nothing changes and still there are changes.
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Wonderful to see you back Ilias, I hope you will stick around

I love the social song, it really has a wonderful beauty and emotion to it. I dig the style and vibe! For me, it's one of the best Enigma songs in years

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

I've enjoyed the song. I only hope it's released on CD.

Growth Through Adversity

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

Something I just remember while doing some online research of the last CD release. "Seven Lives, Many Faces". It hit number one here in the USA in the Newage catergory. It would be foolish on any music producing company not to carry on with Enigma with this being the case. However, if it is Michael who isn't interested in continuing the project as Enigma, well...
      note; the #1 that the seventh release hit here in the US was for the year. It wasn't a 'fly by night' placing. There is attention and a market for the music here.
      Last edited by Lion Spirit Walker; April 4th, 2011 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Additional note

Growth Through Adversity

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Spirit Walker View Post
      Something I just remember while doing some online research of the last CD release. "Seven Lives, Many Faces". It hit number one here in the USA in the Newage catergory. It would be foolish on any music producing company not to carry on with Enigma with this being the case. However, if it is Michael who isn't interested in continuing the project as Enigma, well...
      note; the #1 that the seventh release hit here in the US was for the year. It wasn't a 'fly by night' placing. There is attention and a market for the music here.
      I'm pretty certain MC will continue to release Enigma albums - they may only sell a fraction of what they originally did (this has happened to all artists in the digital age) but they still outsell just about all the 'competitors' in this type of music. I do find it funny the trouble the record label/stores have in categorising Enigma though. It often gets labelled new age music, but in my view it really doesn't fit into this genre at all. But then it's not quite pop or rock, it's not quiet ambient, it's not quite instrumental or world music. I'm not even sure how I'd classify it!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Michael, the north american recording industry doesnt view the american new age audience as a barameter for chart success..thats what i was told directly by the folks at neurodisc records and got a similar vibe at nettwerk. however, i guess im a little confused as ive not seen anywhere that Enigma was being dropped or even being considered for being dropped.

as for the social song, I listened to it and while it was a good effort, it didnt move me.....but im finding that almost nothing from Enigma moves me anymore. i realize that i may have a jaded view of the project at this point, but it is what it is.

Rory, couldnt agree with you more, Enigma is NOT new age and never was. New age has been turned into a catch all for anything that doesnt conveniently fit in a genre. George Winstead is new age, Enigma is not. My own work is constantly labelled new age as well. But anyone who has studied theory would immediately recognize it as progressive music in much the same form as Mike Oldfield's classic Tubular Bells album, a progressive album dubbed new age because the A&R types didnt quite know how to package it to a specific audience.

In my book there really should only be two genres: I like and I dont like! LOL

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

I appreciate the insights share by you both. Tyvm, sincerely.
      LOL. And I completely agree regarding the 'labeling'. It's a little insane. The music outlets as a whole don't even seem to come together on this.
      Thank you both again for the insights.

A foot note; while downloading the 'additional tracks' of E7 online I notice the music placed in the 'New Age' genre. LOL. I thought to myself this isn't the new age music I listened to in the eighties and early ninties.
      But like you said Jay, it's anything that they can't force anywhere else. LOL.
      Last edited by Lion Spirit Walker; April 5th, 2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: airheadedness... lol.

Growth Through Adversity

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Thanks for that info friends! I didn't know this! It makes me happy

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Just to clarify, no one has said that Enigma has been or will be dropped from its record label. It was just a random thought I had in another thread due to falling sales and the fact it's on a major label - and also the fact they seemed to be pushing the online thing. I was just hearing about a band called the Hoosiers who were recently dropped by their label because their single failed to get into the top 10 (it reached number 11 - reason enough for the label to drop them, believe it or not). The world really needs music like Enigma. At its best, it can surely help lift consciousness - surely moreso than the majority of the dreck that gets into the charts

is ~ Enigmatic Soul...

I am:
      Innocent

Soon, i hope to show you few pictures with the special prize which i won it on Social Song Survey... i 'm talking about the autographed CD of MMX The Social Song with Michael Cretu's personal autograph... but all these, will happen only when i will receive the package... and, i'm still waiting for two weeks already which makes me to blame as much as i can the postal services in Europe...

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enkde View Post
      Soon, i hope to show you few pictures with the special prize which i won it on Social Song Survey... i 'm talking about the autographed CD of MMX The Social Song with Michael Cretu's personal autograph... but all these, will happen only when i will receive the package... and, i'm still waiting for two weeks already which makes me to blame as much as i can the postal services in Europe...
      OH that's so awesome! Congratulations Florin!! Amazing prize indeed

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Enkde View Post
      Hey that's fantastic!! Lucky you Florin ... wow, how awesome is that ... to have MC's signature ....

Cool ... looking forward to seeing it (when it arrives) and thanks for the post sweets!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...