• Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Previous Lives

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Default Previous Lives

Do you believe in past lives and if so why?

I know this has been covered briefly before but this is an open discussion and please respect all points of view given. If you do not believe, then please say why out of respect for those that have also replied.

I knew generations back my family had come from Ireland but I had never visited it till the year before I moved here. I went to visit friends and the whole time I was here, I felt a sense of familiarity. Not the kind that you recognise things you have seen on tv etc but a deep inner knowing of the place.
      I visited Limerick on my first visit and felt that sense of familiarity. On my second visit a few months later at a wedding, I went to Co Offaly (in the midlands) and immediately knew some of the places we visited in and around the area we were staying in. After that, we decided to move over for good...the pull to be here was that strong for me.
      We moved in the October and by the end of that first week I knew I was home. The move was too easy and too comfortable for me not to have been here before. None of my mothers family had ever been back and so no one knew the areas I was in. And her family were originally from Co Cork and not where I was staying.
      I have been blessed to make some wonderful friends here and have visited many of the sacred sites and have felt stirrings in my soul I have never felt anywhere before. I knew I have seen these things and felt like an 'overlap' of sensations was taking place. Like I was experiencing this for the first time (now) and had experienced it oh so many times in the past.

Whether you believe or you don't is fine. I know personally too many things have happened that have made me awaken to the fact that we know so little of this Universe and our part in it, that to close off from certain possibilities, will deny a part of who I am.
      I know I am home and that feeling has been with me since the first day I stepped onto this soil and unlike my family who were all born in London, I never felt I belonged there and longed for open spaces and peace and quiet even as a child.

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

there was learning point many years back when the universe pointed me to a gifted healer to be my teacher for that point in time ..that particular lesson was reading me , we discussed many things on a spiritual level one of them was past lives ..her words only confirmed what within me i knew yet needed clarification ( i was only 16 then and still unsure of myself as you are at that age) as our reading progressed i took note because i knew i was allowed certain information about 2 of my past lives that were impacting my current one ,i was given the gift of knowing and this in turn became higher knowledge for me to set about understanding,learning and redirecting my path the one i knew i was meant to be on. it took time to do this but it was indeed completed (well the negatives related to my past lives) ive not since had "that" feeling that an experience or interaction is based on karma directly related to a past life ..(not to say it wont or isnt happening) it just isnt highlighted..

" BE PRESENT "

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Hmm that was a great story Rana! So glad you found the right teacher at the right time!

The strangest thing for me was when I moved here to Ireland, I got to work in a New Age shop, learned massage and all about things I know now were old stuff and not new at all. It was like my awakening was taking place and brought me to where I am now!
      I finally got to be on the journey to becoming the person I am meant to be and met so many wonderful people...if I hadn't listened to those inner voices and recognised that 'inner knowing', I would'nt be here now!

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallorri View Post
      Hmm that was a great story Rana! So glad you found the right teacher at the right time!

The strangest thing for me was when I moved here to Ireland, I got to work in a New Age shop, learned massage and all about things I know now were old stuff and not new at all. It was like my awakening was taking place and brought me to where I am now!
      I finally got to be on the journey to becoming the person I am meant to be and met so many wonderful people...if I hadn't listened to those inner voices and recognised that 'inner knowing', I would'nt be here now!
      thats beautiful .. and that you are meant to be here in this now is all the more special ..every interaction ..your lessons (for us all) love to you xx

" BE PRESENT "

is i am U

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

past lives
      past lives
      past lives

How many have we had?
      I have read that with the millions of souls out there waiting to get back in the loop..teh average soul has about 250 lifetimes....
      if this is true or false i cannot say......

believing in past lives means you believe in re-incarnation as taught by some eastern religions..

we are in a continuos circle/loop..

"the circle of life"
      "always trying to get back to the source...." which is the main purpose of life...after GOD realization ....

this is the new age/golden age --the age of enlightenment...

because of past lives we are where we are in the evolutionary stage ...
      we have akashic records .....coded in our soul's matrix...
      you can find out what you were with psycho hypnotherapy...
      or contacting people who deal with akashic records....for those who are not familiar ...this is a regression where you can find out who you were etc...

I would love to do this one day just out of curiosity....
      I have heard of some who have done this ...

V

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I dont know if I believe in past lives per se. But I do believe in past knowledge, individual experience that are passed on through the threads of oneness and recycled. Deja vu, I believe comes from that...experiences those that came before us had and are passed to us genetically. and so it seems that we were there, when in fact were seeing someone elses memories

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by planetlove View Post

because of past lives we are where we are in the evolutionary stage ...
      we have akashic records .....coded in our soul's matrix...
      you can find out what you were with psycho hypnotherapy...
      or contacting people who deal with akashic records....for those who are not familiar ...this is a regression where you can find out who you were etc...

I would love to do this one day just out of curiosity....
      I have heard of some who have done this ...

V
      Yes so would I if I could find someone I could trust (big issue with me!)...maybe I should put it out there to find a person who could do this safely but be supportive too. I have heard of people doing this who have had huge issues brought up but have not had a therapist do it and so have not had that vital support to bring them through stuff.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I definitely do believe in reincarnation. To me it goes beyond a belief and is more of a knowing - and it's something I've felt since I was a little kid. I never questioned it...it just seemed right to me, seemed to make total sense.

Some things I can almost subconsciously recall - certain parts of the world (particularly South America, the Andes and Peru) are strangely familiar and I can almost picture myself there, even though I've never been there. I've also become consciously aware of certain incarnations through regression, which were, like Oceanentity said, areas which caused deep wounds that have impacted my current life. (It's incredible the way that happens - and how certain issues and phobias apparently stem from past experiences).

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

isnt it incredible when you start to see how people in your lives are interconnected on this level also , my oldest daughter (her biological papa , my ex ) is from Chile ..my mum had a strong connection to his mother AFTER she died my mums /mum died when my mum was 16 in 1969 (now bare with me) so around 30 years apart they both died of pancreatic cancer ( my ex mother inlaw and Grandmother Ada) my mum just "knew" when my mother in law passed that her mum was the one who guided her over. my mum also had a past life in Chile .my sister feels she had a connection with my husband Matt ..they just arent sure yet how. i have a kindred relationship with dad one that thru all my so far lives has been positive and happy ..(ohhh ive gone all soft)
      meyou.jpg
      Last edited by Rana; November 18th, 2008 at 12:03 PM.

" BE PRESENT "

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I believe there are those who may have experienced a past life. My mom I think feels that she may have been here before. I do not share these feelings. I am open minded to this subject...yet, this is hard to prove scientifically speaking. I will not dismiss what others may experience. I do not feel in any way that I have been here (Earth) before. And this brings me to a thought. and that is basically the question of the fact that since we have been told, or taught to believe certain things...that our minds sort of make it happen. So, it is possible that I don't believe I was here before because I was taught that the children born after the seven seal has been opened (1970) (year of the aquarian age), that we were new souls. I was taught that if you made it back here again and again, then you are not doing something right. And when you have Dejavu, it may be a reflection of catching up with NOW...the feeling of doing it again. And I have had de javu's before...and when I get those, I get the feeling that I messed up, and I need to do something different. Or, I get the feeling of "pay attention" "Look for the signs"...but, I don't know. So, I do believe in it...but here it goes...here goes where I stand out "uniquely" (I guess..LOL) I feel that we or some of us could have lived a previous life like somewhere totally different. and I do feel that I may be from somewhere else. I usually get this feeling mostly when I review the crap thats happening on this planet and say to myself "I think I got dropped off on the wrong planet"...because I just can't stomach some of the things that goes on here. Yet, sometimes when I am here, and I am walking on the ground, and I look at the ground, and I look around, I say "I am happy to be here". Especially when I meet people like you guys here on this message board. It is something special

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I do believe that we all have been here before. Since I can remember around 2 years old I have always had a Spiritual Guide whom came to me during the night and I have also known things that I have no reason for how I know them. I believe it comes from certain knowledge that I gained in my past lives. I know of about 4, and the weird thing is that some of the individuals in my life were a part of my other lives. Such as my birth children, and those whom I call my Soul family. I do not really spend too much time on the subject as this life is enough to deal with, LOL!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I am a believer in past lives! I've always felt a tug in my heart when I read things about Ancient Egypt. Ever since I was a little girl I was fascinated with Ancient Egypt. Another strange thing I have noticed my entire life has been that cats always seem to be drawn to me. I know cats were sacred back then and I have the up most respect for them. I have had recurring dreams about being there and it blows my mind and made me a believer. Another thing I found interesting was the first night I met my fiancee, he said I look like an Egyptian goddess. It wasn't just sweet words, he truly meant it and it shocked me because I have no idea if my ancestors were Egyptian or anything. I know most of my family is from Germany, that's about it. Anyway, awesome thread!!

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

Yes. I believe in both past and future lifetimes. I perceive Life as being eternal, and lifetimes as stepping stones along this endless journey. I believe the reason this occurs is to insure Life continues to grow, both in and out of the shell (physical body). I believe we as universal beings follow suit with the Universe, always changing, always growing.
      There's much more to my beliefs with regard to this subject. But I'll leave it at this for the moment. And return with additional thoughts at a later time.
      Good discussion.

Growth Through Adversity

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

ill look forward to your sharing Michael xx

" BE PRESENT "