• Wtf
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meditation for Gaia

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Beautifully written Lorri, I absolutely agree. We're each cells in the body of a much greater whole. I think where problems occur with mankind is that they forget they are connected with the whole and that each of us has our part to play in the functioning of the greater organism. This delusion creates a kind of cancer - that cells starts malfunctioning and becomes destructive to the whole. But I believe if we can raise enough awareness of this fundamental truth of oneness and interconnectedness (heck, which both scientists and mystics unanimously point to), then we can heal this.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

While doing this meditation and healing for this Earth we share...it is important to also go within...look within our hearts and see our Truth. What is it we truly fear? What is it we cannot face? It is something different for everyone and yet it is something we all share. As the layers peel off, we go deeper and deeper into our True nature, we are exposed, clearing away the debris.
      We cannot build on rubble from the past, we have to clear the rubble away, prepare the ground, make way for the new development. This may mean facing a difficult choice for some. For others this may mean a omplete change in thier way of life. Whatever it is for each of us, remembering we are just a small part of the greater whole, means we are not alone in doing this. There are others out there rooting for us, cheering us on, waiting in the wings...as a very dear friend told me...everything is with purpose and no matter what place we are in right now, the Universe never gives us anything our True Self cannot cope with.
      This is truth.
      We need to trust, trust that we can make a difference, we can heal that which needs healing, we can be what we truly are meant to be...but we need to clear away the old, the decayed and the fearful first.
      In focusing on healing this beautiful earth of us, we cannot help but also heal ourselves and eachother.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Waking early this morning to do my meditation, I woke to a grey wet morning. The rain has been falling all night and I felt a little downhearted at not seeing the sun.
      The meditation for this morning is all about perceptions, our realities.
      My perception was it is dull, miserable and wet. That I am going to get wet and get no parking later on when I go shopping! It was down to say the least!
      This kind of matched my mood as I haven't slept great.
      While meditating, I did become aware of the reality....the rain is washing away the dirt and grit, it nourishes the plants and waters the animals. It is cleansing and purifying as only water can.
      Water represents our emotions, in dreams and in visions. So it can represent tears, which are a necessary release and yet one so many find hard to do! It can represent fluidity - not being so immovable that you cannot change and grow, going with the flow so to speak. It can mean washing away all the dross, all the old habits we form, allowing space to let new things happen.
      Water levels here in Ireland are at a low due to the lack of rain we have had for a few months so the rain is necessary for growth. So what I initally saw as a negative, is truly a positive.
      My perception was negative....but the reality, and now my reality is it is necessary for all Life to continue. It allows the footpaths to become clean of debris that may cause someone to slip or fall. It fills the rivers and streams once more to allow life to continue.
      It allows us to release emotions we bury deeply inside, old fears, old negative patterns.
      One of mine has always been loss, being alone. And yet, in being alone, I have found space to allow stuff to surface that I wouldn't normally get to because of all the daily work, interactions that distract us during the day. The fear that someone wouldn't understand is taken away because I am in that solitary space.
      Try to see what it is truly that you need to clear away, washing away the grit and dirt that we all have and let it wash off you like the rain washing the earth.

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

This last post ..... is very good and resonates deeply! Thank you for your kind and gentle words!!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

HUGS

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

On this meditative journey I have realised something very important. We can never forget the lessons our animal companions have taught us.
      I have three animal companions who through no fault of thier own came into my life and I was able to give them a new home.
      Despite what they have been through in thier lives, they now realise that they are safe and are home for the time being and have allowed me to share this part of thier journeys.
      They accept my food, my love and never ask anything in return. Everything just is. They need to have shelter, they need to have food and they need love/companionship in the case of the more sociable animals such as dogs and cats, birds etc. As part of the 'whole' they instinctively know what is right, what they need. Never questioning and never demanding. They just give unconditional love in return. It is all they know how to be.
      Yet we humans, need to ask why. We feel insecure. We look for the transient, the illusion. We need to look at the 'whole' as do our companions.

We need to remember that who we have in our lives at this point in time, are there to assist us to grow and develop and move forward. If things are not quite working as we in our ego state may feel, then we need to step back and see why. Is it an excuse to see the 'greener grass' on the other side of the fence? Is it to experience again something we once lost? Is it longing for a reality that doesn't actually exist? Do we cling tightly because we afraid to lose that something or because we wish to control it?

If, as many of us here believe we are truly part of a greater 'whole', then this should make us more confident to do what we must do, to be honest about the situations we may find ourselves in. In the case of a love, would you given the choice, choose a love that is eternal, real and whole? Or would you choose a transient, temporary and flawed emotion we think is love?

If we lose someone be it a family member, a love, an animal companion....while we grieve and that is healthy to do so, it is also important to remember, the fact that we loved them, held them in our hearts, is all the more reason to know they have never really gone at all. That the love we felt is real, Universal and as such, never leaves us.

Sometimes we need to see what is our lesson in this lifetime. I have been through many troubled times in my life and I am not alone there, but if I had not have gone through them, I wouldn't have appreciated the good times for I would not have recognised them. I would have spent so long seeking for that something special, that would take me away from everything, I would have missed the companions that did come and go in my life that taught me much and shared much with me. I could have gone into the pit of despair never to have risen again but then I would be all but 'dead' to everything and never to have honoured all those that helped me on my path or the lessons the Universe has given me.

Just as my animal companions, I now choose to acknowledge all that has occurred in my past but to appreciate I am no longer there; to count my blessings for those I have loved and been loved by on my journey; I give thanks that the Universe allows me to see the lessons with clarity to allow me to continue to take forward steps.
      I acknowledge nothing really ever dies or leaves, as it is imprinted in my heart and therefore they become part of the Universal 'whole' and are always still in my life and in my heart.
      I am humbled and I am full of gratitude for I am.
      Thank you Tiny, Larry and Lizzie and all the other companions who have graced my journey for all you have shared with me.

Last edited by Kiran; August 14th, 2010 at 11:17 PM.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Beautifully written Lorri, and so very true!! Thank you for your words and for sharing them here

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

This morning I awoke to a glorious sunrise. It is was bright and so full of potential and yet because of where I live, at a height, I could see one of those early autumnal mists that just lie over the ground...covering the area so that the view from down there is patchy at best.
      I was out stargazing at around 1am this morning and as I looked out I could see the mist forming over the houses below us...street lights illuminating it with an orange glow. I knew then that this could mean the promise of a sunny morning today but I wondered if the people under the mist felt the same or did they just see the mist?

I have spoken numerous times about our connection to the Earth, the Universe and this was a good analogy for me personally...this mist. Up here I have the benefit of clear sight, can see all around me and therefore will have a better knowledge and understanding of what the day promises to be...a beautifully sunny one.
      For many years I lived in the mist though...burying my head in the sand over old emotions I thought I had dealt with and now needed to surface. I could'nt 'see' clearly how easy it was to just step out of the mist, let them into the Light and to let them go therefore giving me the same clarity of vision.

Something will often come to make this happen. For me, the biggest issue has been dealing with loss. This weekend I have spent much time dealing with it, realising they are never truly lost to me, not once they live in my heart as I have loved them and they loved me.

This Earth meditation has taken on a very personal role for me in that as I am healing the Earth, I am also healing those parts of me that needed it. Hence our reminder of the connections again, of how we, the Universe and everything in between are connected. One cannot work sufficiently or efficiently without the other.
      One thing I am certain of is that this world will prevail, our Earth will continue. We little ants that scurry about her surface are the ones that need the healing, the help. Our tenuous grip on life is just that, fragile at best, and if mankind does not wake up and smell the coffee and start trying to see clearly and with long sightedness, well then it is mankind that is going to end up suffering and not this beautiful jewel we call Earth.

Have you heard her call? Are you making the changes you need to make? We can all work together to raise the vibration of this planet and therefore the people living on it and therefore heal it all. Its not too late yet and you are not alone.
      Much love to you.
      Last edited by Kiran; August 15th, 2010 at 09:58 AM.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I stood outside my garden and looked up at the night sky...in the distance I could hear dogs barking, people talking, a baby crying. It was 11.30pm on a sunday night. Life was continuing as it does, as it always has.
      As I looked into the starry sky, I could see various lights moving around....one possibly the space station but others which moved too deliberatly to be shooting stars.
      While we focus on the micro...our own little section of this planet...I am reminded of the much bigger Universal picture and as life continues and cycles shift here, then too life is also continuing elsewhere.
      I pondered on these lights being highflying planes but I like to think...in my musings...that the Universe was letting me know that life continues elsewhere too...that we are not alone.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

As the evenings get shorter and a little cooler...it reminds me of the cycle of life and death, birth and rebirth. As I see plants getting older and changing thier summer colours for the more earthy subdued autumnal ones, I am reminded of one simple thing. The circle of life ever continues and life will always find a way.
      As the Earth prepares to enter her sleep time here on this side of the globe, she is starting to awaken and come to life in others.
      Just as she enters a period of darkness and rest, so too do we.
      Her energy now is waning and the last flash of colour will begin to show before she settles for her winter slumber...so too do we also need to rest.
      It is all about balance. As we like to keep active, to not rest at times is also not healthy. Our bodies need time to heal, our minds to process...to ignore this fact is to create dis-ease in this shell we call our body.
      While keeping fit and active is a good thing, we also need to listen to our bodies and know when to rest and get a good healthy sleep.
      Much love.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Well this will be my last entry in this thread for a couple of days as I am going away to reconnect and recharge the batteries. I am going to connect with the earth at a couple of sacred sites here in Ireland and I cannot wait.
      As I write this, I realised how this thread has really become a journal of sorts while doing this meditation. Maybe thats what I needed, to see things clearly, written down.
      The main thing is that we remember all life, everything, is connected. When we damage one part, we damage the 'whole'.
      I will be continuing this meditation as the full moon approaches. I hope anyone able to, will also be able to continue this meditation for this beautiful jewel we call home.
      Much love.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

As I retrun from my 'pilgrimage' of sorts, its interesting to note that while these sites must be protected, the amount of organising and time limits put on some of these places results in a loss of the sense of the place to some extent. While I loved going and reconnected with the earth and the ancients, the fact that we were herded like sheep lead me to an amazing epeiphany!
      That no matter where I go, there is one place that there are no restrictions, where I can do any ceremonies/rituals I choose to without any fear...and that is in my own sacred space, my garden and home.
      I honoured the ancestors and I honoured the sacredness of the places I visited. We even visited a church which has the mummified head of a martyred saint in it. It kind of struck me as a little freaky but the power in this church and the amazing sense of peace was wonderful!

I am going to continue the meditation until the full moon next week and I am hoping that others may join in the meditation online as we have done before...please feel free around 8pm GMT on wednesday.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Welcome back, Lorri! I will def tune in on Wednesday!

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Thanks Rory...it will be good to have your energy honey.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Just a reminder that we hope to do the meditation tonight at 8pm GMT and the main intention will be healing for this earth, ourselves and eachother...our human family.
      Anyone that is free to join in tonight will be most welcome.
      Much love.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I will be tuning in

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

And so the meditation begins....firstly much love and prayers to anyone unable to be here due to ill health or generally not feeling good. Blessings of health to you.

Our meditation tonight is for the Earth, this blue jewel we inhabit for a time and yet this species feels the need to constantly ill treat and abuse her.
      I send love out to all.
      I send love to this earth and to all who injure her.
      I send love to all who feel they own her.
      May they see the error of thier ways.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

as I just ate some wholemeal bread, I remembered the bounty of crops we get from the Earth...the grains taking up the elements and minerals from the soil as they grow...imparting the goodness into us as we eat it.
      I am thankful to have bread to eat.

My thoughts and prayers are with those who do not.
      My love to you.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

As I just drank a glass of milk, I am reminded how much we are loved and nurtured, how our Mother the Earth, cares for us and gives us all we need.
      We must remember to give her something back.
      Our love, our prayers.
      Our wishes that she heals and cleanses all the toxins being ploughed into her.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I send love to one and all who have no food, no shelter, the most basic needs covered.
      May you soon find all you need.
      Remembering it is what we need is the key, not what we want.