I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Mozart - Eine Kleine Nacht Musik

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I adore Sarah Brightman...her voice is something else! I had to post this piece as it is so beautiful.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

As far as I am concerned, this is the only person to do justice to this piece of music.

Pavarotti - Nessun Dorma

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Grieg - Peer Gynt Suite No 1 Opus No 1 'Morning Mood'

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Dvorak New World Symphony - Largo

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Thus Spake Zarathustra - Strauss

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Gustav Holst - The Planets Suite.

Mars The Bringer of War

Venus The Bringer of Peace

Mercury - The Winged Messenger

Jupiter - The bringer of Jollity (I think this has to be my favourite)

There are more but these are my favourites

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Franz Schubert - Serenade

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Swan Lake Overture - Tchaikovsky

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Beethoven, Mozart, Strauss, Bach, Vivaldi and all those guys. Who hasnt heard of them? But have you ever heard of Juan Morel Campos or Manuel Gregorio Tavares of Simon Maderas?

No?

Well dont feel badly, many havent. They are composers of a classical form unique to the Puerto Rican culture known as danza.

During the conversion of Puerto Rico's Amerindians and slaves to Christianity after its colonization by the early Spanish, the only formal music imported from Spain was chants and religious music. Later, however, as the fortunes of a handful of Puerto Rican planters increased during the 19th century, their social aspirations grew as well. Those whose children showed musical promise were after sent abroad -usually to Spain- for the further development of their talents.

One of these was Puerto Rican -born Manuel Tavares, a composer whose orchestral techniques matured within the musical traditions of 19th-century Spain and whose success encouraged other generations of Puerto Rican classicist to follow in his footsteps.

By 1850, another group of island composers, many only informally trained, had adapted a Puerto Rican interpretation of the most popular dance of that era -the minuet- into a musical form known as the danza. Based on a refined, somewhat rigid classical score, with and underlying lilt that is unmistakably Caribbean, its most popular early advocate was composer Juan Morel Campos. Later, this dance style evolved into the dance rhythms still popular today. Also popular during the early and mid-1800s was a narrative tale set to music, sometimes embellished on the spot by a skilled storyteller known as a decime; the tales originated as rigidly metered 10-line stanzas of eight-syllable lines with a rhyme structure that could vary according to the inspiration on the composer. Their musical form -which might have been the closest thing to a troubador tradition ever developed in Puerto Rico- was often used to convey moral lessons, love tragedies, and stories of other kinds.

One world-class operatic tenor was Antonio Paoli (1872-46). Also noteworthy was Jesús MarÃ*a Sanroma (1902-84), a pianist who performed both Puerto Rican danzas and works from the classical European repertoire.

Puerto Rico's classical and orchestral tradition reached its height with cellist Pablo Casals, who was of partial Puerto Rican descent. At 81, he chose to spend the last years of his life on the island. He brought musical fame to San Juan by establishing the internationally acclaimed Casals Music Festival. This event brings many musicians from around the world to take part in an orchestra and chamber music program.

The following is a composition by the aforementioned Juan Morel Campos

is I always wanted to be a
      wizard.

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Do you see in the morning
      The nightmares
      They watch over both of us
      And deeply hidden
      In our longing
      They are really true

Do you hear in the evening
      The loudly laughing
      When we were still
      Free and happy
      In our arms
      It is born and
      Inviolable

What is the earth
      What is the moon
      If there is no love
      Within us
      Are we really lost
      Or remains in you
      A piece of me

Do you see in the morning
      The nightmares
      They watch over both of us
      And deeply hidden
      In our longing
      They are really true
      I Spread My Wings Over The Universe

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Debussy ~ Claire de Lune

What I love about this piece is that,
      it was the Impressionistic movement that inspired Debussy to write
      this beautiful and romantic piece of music.

Music inspired by paintings!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Black View Post
      Beethoven, Mozart, Strauss, Bach, Vivaldi and all those guys. Who hasnt heard of them? But have you ever heard of Juan Morel Campos or Manuel Gregorio Tavares of Simon Maderas?

No?

Well dont feel badly, many havent. They are composers of a classical form unique to the Puerto Rican culture known as danza.

During the conversion of Puerto Rico's Amerindians and slaves to Christianity after its colonization by the early Spanish, the only formal music imported from Spain was chants and religious music. Later, however, as the fortunes of a handful of Puerto Rican planters increased during the 19th century, their social aspirations grew as well. Those whose children showed musical promise were after sent abroad -usually to Spain- for the further development of their talents.

One of these was Puerto Rican -born Manuel Tavares, a composer whose orchestral techniques matured within the musical traditions of 19th-century Spain and whose success encouraged other generations of Puerto Rican classicist to follow in his footsteps.

By 1850, another group of island composers, many only informally trained, had adapted a Puerto Rican interpretation of the most popular dance of that era -the minuet- into a musical form known as the danza. Based on a refined, somewhat rigid classical score, with and underlying lilt that is unmistakably Caribbean, its most popular early advocate was composer Juan Morel Campos. Later, this dance style evolved into the dance rhythms still popular today. Also popular during the early and mid-1800s was a narrative tale set to music, sometimes embellished on the spot by a skilled storyteller known as a decime; the tales originated as rigidly metered 10-line stanzas of eight-syllable lines with a rhyme structure that could vary according to the inspiration on the composer. Their musical form -which might have been the closest thing to a troubador tradition ever developed in Puerto Rico- was often used to convey moral lessons, love tragedies, and stories of other kinds.

One world-class operatic tenor was Antonio Paoli (1872-46). Also noteworthy was Jesús MarÃ*a Sanroma (1902-84), a pianist who performed both Puerto Rican danzas and works from the classical European repertoire.

Puerto Rico's classical and orchestral tradition reached its height with cellist Pablo Casals, who was of partial Puerto Rican descent. At 81, he chose to spend the last years of his life on the island. He brought musical fame to San Juan by establishing the internationally acclaimed Casals Music Festival. This event brings many musicians from around the world to take part in an orchestra and chamber music program.

Wow Jay!!! Thank you for the information and no I hadn't heard of them at all..I shall surely look into more though!
      HUGS

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Some amazing pieces of music here guys, Some I know so I dont, Thanks for sharing, classical muisc can really stir the soul

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
      Some amazing pieces of music here guys, Some I know so I dont, Thanks for sharing, classical muisc can really stir the soul
      It sure can Sean. It was my first love and continues to be so this thread was tailor made for me It wonderful learning about eachother's taste this way...you have taught me much about other types of music...its all about sharing and growth

is I always wanted to be a
      wizard.

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

calm and exciting, passionate in same time....cos of that I adore impressionism..in music in art...art of living in that period
      I Spread My Wings Over The Universe

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

An old piece of music by a modern group....the music is from the late 1700's. (Wouldn't be me if I didn't post at least one track by Il Divo!!! lol)

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

A truly winderful composition, And an appreciated lesson in music. Tyvm Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Black View Post

No?

Growth Through Adversity