• Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uncommonly known fact about YOU !

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Uncommonly known fact about YOU !

I was inspired to make this thread by reading thread Lagio made I thought it would be fun if we all share some fun fact about ourselves or even better fun facts about us when we were kids..

I'll go first with a few..

1. When I was a kid I thought RuPaul was a woman, woman with fabulous natural hair

2. When I was a kid I thought Michael Jackson was "white" and that Thriller guy was someone completely different...

3. I sow all Back to The Future Movies like 500 times

4. I love Vincent Price movies

5. I like playing with a cornier of a pillow with my finger tips

6. Hate watching movies without a happy ending

To be continued...

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Okay ... I'm game ... *hm?*

When Jurassic Park was playing in the theatres back in 1993 ... I saw it 14 times (in the theatre) with my Dad ... (guess there's something about Spielberg movies, that have people coming back for more!) ...

Hate cleaning my studio brushes and I dream about hiring a kid from down the street to clean them for me ...

Love doing laundry!

Love David Suchet!

Love the tv show Burn Notice ... and I really like the character 'Sam'.
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

Okay, I'll have a go at this.... Hmm. What can I say that hasn't already been said and maintaining a 'PG' rating...Hmmm.
      While walking along a state beach in Southern California at approximately 14 yrs old, I came acrossed a pile of giant sea kelp with crabs crawling all around it. As I neared this pile of kelp I realized it was entangled around a female California Sea Lion that had been half eaten by a Great White Shark. Well at least the back half was missing and it apparently came off in a single bite. I didn't find it disturbing at all. I saw it as the circle of Life.
      I often swam in those waters and kicKed a few sharks while doing so. Fortunately the sharks didn't consider me a part of their 'circle of Life'.
      Oh. And I've always loved Sea Otters. They are soo cool. They are also a part of that elite 'circle o0f Life'. Hmmmm. Seeing that may have disturbed me a bit.

Growth Through Adversity

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

Please note; I like this thread and posted it to FB. So be aware. OOOOOOOHHHHHHH. Hehehehhe.

Growth Through Adversity

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

Hmm...ok...here goes...
      when I was about 5, my sister took me to see the Wizard of Oz and it scared the life out of me!
      I always used to tease my younger brother as he was the baby and the only boy but I did love him very much and we did laugh so much as children.
      I hate the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as I find the children catcher really freaky so I never watch it (even though I love musicals on the whole).
      I hate bugs even though I know they have a purpose.
      I always loved ice cream.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

I adore Helena Bonham Carter, I first saw her in a Rik Mayall comedy many years ago, She has the most beautiful eyes..

I can balance things on my nose

I love the smell of Mint

I love people who dont dress or conform to the norm and dare to be different

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
      I adore Helena Bonham Carter ...

Me too!! .... always thought she was the epitome of beauty.

First saw her in 'A Room with a View' back in the 80's and have been a fan of hers since!

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum
      Now this ... I have to see ....
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran View Post
      I hate bugs even though I know they have a purpose.
      HA!! I hate bugs too .... especially flies.
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

oh wow .. when i was a child ? hmmmm ..hard to think of anything interesting ..
      i hated the planet of the apes (APES) they scared me deeply ..the thought of that being true was horrifying to me
      i spent hours creating these elaborate stories in my imagination with me as the main character ..i was always the beautiful princess being rescued or transformed somehow ..or i was being carried away by faires to my real world ..or to space ..honestly i could lie awake during the day on my bed or on the grass in the back yard eyes open ..creating ..some i can still see in my mind .. makes me laugh to think of this xx
      i was a bit weird as a child because although i had family and friends i preferred to play with my dolls etc in my imaginary worlds ..i didnt feel understood by other children ..id prefer to play with the bumble bees and regualr bees to watch how they interact ..as well as follow the ants trail for hours and hours
      i hated one of my sisters deeply because she was a teaser
      what many people dont know about me ..is that yes i talk alot but im really happiest in my own company and i am a great listener when i make the time
      i love swinging on the swings at the park ..and when the kids are at school i have a huge bounce on the trampoline so i dont have to share it
      i watch my children sleep often and cry because they are so beautiful to me ..
      i miss my dad everyday (dads still with me but far away)
      i work very hard in my day ..and have all my life but if i had the chance ..i wouldnt work im happy to laze ..

thankyou for this thread ..its really sent my brain in the right direction ..

" BE PRESENT "

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Love this thread and the insights, good idea Sam

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Cool thread!! Fun. I dunno what to write...hrmmmmm...let's see...

I had a strangely large head when I was baby...LOL...but I grew into it. I think.

When I was a kid, maybe between 10-14 I made my own comics, featuring a character called King Croc. They were kind of quirky, funny and most people seemed to love them, my school teachers loved reading them. I still have a few of them stuffed in a drawer.

I've had insomnia on and off (but frequently on!) ever since I was...a baby. Always had trouble sleeping, never figured out why. It sucks.

The film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory freaked me out when I was little (the Gene Wilder film). I recall finding it very freaky and disturbing and had nightmares about the fat boy who got stuck in the pipe!

My favourite cartoon when I was a kid was Thundercats. I don't know whether this is nostalgic or sad, but I bought the DVDs a couple of years ago to relive the magic. It's still really cool!

I loathe the feel of cotton wool. Ick!

I have a mild touch of OCD about certain things, like lining up mugs correctly on the mug tree! They have to face the same direction. But I'm not quite as bad as i used to be :P

The best form of therapy in the universe is a hot bath with chilled music playing.

I honestly don't have a clue who I am anymore...it's like there's no one there sometimes. I don't mean that in a bad way though...

I could just sit and stare at the sky all day long. It fascinates me...maybe not so much on overcast grey days...but I love cloud-watching. The sky configuration outside right now is unique and has never been exactly like before and never will be again

I like animals...sometimes a bit more than people...

I like cake.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

great insights Rory, bet King Croc was cool

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStar View Post

I had a strangely large head when I was baby...LOL...but I grew into it. I think..
      this one remined me of one of my own, my mother told me when I was born I was covered in a mass of grey hair, god knows why, i was a yeti baby lol

A photo of me when I first learned to walk

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Spirit Walker View Post
      Okay, I'll have a go at this.... Hmm. What can I say that hasn't already been said and maintaining a 'PG' rating...Hmmm.
      While walking along a state beach in Southern California at approximately 14 yrs old, I came acrossed a pile of giant sea kelp with crabs crawling all around it. As I neared this pile of kelp I realized it was entangled around a female California Sea Lion that had been half eaten by a Great White Shark. Well at least the back half was missing and it apparently came off in a single bite. I didn't find it disturbing at all. I saw it as the circle of Life.
      I often swam in those waters and kicKed a few sharks while doing so. Fortunately the sharks didn't consider me a part of their 'circle of Life'.
      Oh. And I've always loved Sea Otters. They are soo cool. They are also a part of that elite 'circle o0f Life'. Hmmmm. Seeing that may have disturbed me a bit.
      Oh my... I would never even come near it, or sharks... Scary stuff

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Kiran View Post
      Hmm...ok...here goes...
      when I was about 5, my sister took me to see the Wizard of Oz and it scared the life out of me
      When I was about the same age, my mom rented me VHS of "Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs" and at one point she had to turn the movie off, because I was sooooo scared when I sow the witch...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
      I adore Helena Bonham Carter, I first saw her in a Rik Mayall comedy many years ago, She has the most beautiful eyes..

I love the smell of Mint

I love people who dont dress or conform to the norm and dare to be different
      I love her as well.. TB is one of my favorite directors.. She has that classical beauty that is so rare these days..

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Airini View Post
      oh wow .. when i was a child ? hmmmm ..hard to think of anything interesting ..
      i hated the planet of the apes (APES) they scared me deeply ..the thought of that being true was horrifying to me
      i spent hours creating these elaborate stories in my imagination with me as the main character ..i was always the beautiful princess being rescued or transformed somehow ..or i was being carried away by faires to my real world ..or to space ..honestly i could lie awake during the day on my bed or on the grass in the back yard eyes open ..creating ..some i can still see in my mind .. makes me laugh to think of this xx
      i was a bit weird as a child because although i had family and friends i preferred to play with my dolls etc in my imaginary worlds ..i didnt feel understood by other children ..id prefer to play with the bumble bees and regualr bees to watch how they interact ..as well as follow the ants trail for hours and hours
      i hated one of my sisters deeply because she was a teaser
      what many people dont know about me ..is that yes i talk alot but im really happiest in my own company and i am a great listener when i make the time
      i love swinging on the swings at the park ..and when the kids are at school i have a huge bounce on the trampoline so i dont have to share it
      i watch my children sleep often and cry because they are so beautiful to me ..
      i miss my dad everyday (dads still with me but far away)
      i work very hard in my day ..and have all my life but if i had the chance ..i wouldnt work im happy to laze ..

thankyou for this thread ..its really sent my brain in the right direction ..
      This was great, thanks for sharing

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStar View Post
      Cool thread!! Fun. I dunno what to write...hrmmmmm...let's see...

I had a strangely large head when I was baby...LOL...but I grew into it. I think.

When I was a kid, maybe between 10-14 I made my own comics, featuring a character called King Croc. They were kind of quirky, funny and most people seemed to love them, my school teachers loved reading them. I still have a few of them stuffed in a drawer.
      This is cool, you must be very creative...

I honestly don't have a clue who I am anymore...it's like there's no one there sometimes. I don't mean that in a bad way though...
      I can very much relate

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Here are a few more...

My favorite childhood toys were Transformers T-Rex and a plush squid which I liked to paint with my water colors from time to time

Sometimes, in McDonalds, I buy french-fries and plane vanilla ice cream which I use a a dip My secret shame

is I always wanted to be a
      wizard.

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

I cry aways from Peter Pan Story, I find it's the saddest fairy tale from my childhood.
      Coffee and chocolate is my addictions...ok ok I confess shoes as well...
      Swimming and near water calms me and relax from every grief or confusion.
      I confess... I've seen Indiana Johns million times...
      ...and oh yes Lorri bugs makes me nervous, crazy, insane.....mad...etc
      I Spread My Wings Over The Universe

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

When I was kid I loved to wear stripped T-shirts ...

Since the age 14, I have always wanted a 1993 Range Rover Navy Blue with tinted windows ...

Had a space between my front teeth as a kid and during my teen years, so when it came to smiling for photos, I never showed my teeth and often mumbled (which I still do sometimes) ... then at 15 got braces and at 16 learned how to smile with straight teeth ... and I still wear my retainer from time to time!

Always get teary eyed or even cry when I listen to Enigma's Prism of Life .... it never fails .... I find it to be so beautiful!!

My favourite kid-hood toys were Brio and Legos ....

I used to draw Medival women all the time when I was a teenager ....

I have been part of an on-going study since the age of 14 ... 'The Female Adolescent Study' ... a study conducted out of the University of Pittsburgh. The study does a follow up every 5 years during the female's adult life.
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...