• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: When is to much, to much !

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Exclamation When is to much, to much !

So...I was discussing something with my sister the other day and we seem to have totally different views about this, but I still think she is wrong and was wondering what other people think about this.. Few days ago we were watching some kind of candid camera TV show, but everything is done super serious with great special effects and its made to really scare celebrities..

One woman which was in this TV show was attacked by a mad with a gun, of course this was not real, but she thought it was.. When we sow this, I told my sister that if it was me who was attacked like this, if I took gun from this creep and hurt him, would I be blamed for that...??? Sure, its TV, its not real, but its MADE to look real for me.. If I was to say hurt him really bad, even kill him, I think that it would not be my fault, I didn't know that its fake... I know, its a lot to wrap your head around, but its kinda serious, because TV shows are violating our personal space every single day more and more...

Also, a friend told me that one episode was so bad that they didn't even air it and the woman which was set up lost her baby.. It was really scary and not ............... something I like to think about....

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

I think coming at someone with a gun and the other person was unaware it was a fake is completely insane and should not be allowed, That really is too much, I think some shows really push it too far for a cheap TV laugh at the expense of the victim.

I dont know what would happen if you beat him up or killed him, I am sure the court would be sympathetic when they heard the case but (In this country at least) Im pretty sure you would still get prosocuted for it.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
      I think coming at someone with a gun and the other person was unaware it was a fake is completely insane and should not be allowed, That really is too much, I think some shows really push it too far for a cheap TV laugh at the expense of the victim.

I dont know what would happen if you beat him up or killed him, I am sure the court would be sympathetic when they heard the case but (In this country at least) Im pretty sure you would still get prosocuted for it.
      I agree. I also don't appreciate those "Funniest Home Videos" in which people laugh at others falling or getting hurt.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Logio View Post
      I agree. I also don't appreciate those "Funniest Home Videos" in which people laugh at others falling or getting hurt.
      Yea, but people send those them selves, so it kinda is a choice...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

These types of show's have always horrified me to some degree, I have forced myself to watch a few where they pull pranks and such, however it's like a painful event for me on an energy level.

There is no doubt that at times it can be comical when odd mishaps happen, especially if you are there and know the person and see the before and after effects, and if the person is harmed you are able to assist etc...then it's not so funny.

But these pranks that are pulled on unsuspecting individuals, especially the scary ones are truly violating in my opinion and uncalled for. There are people that will be good about it afterwards...not so sure that person would be me however...and I honestly don't understand how they are funny.

But they are to so many people...and not bad people...not people that are mean natured or anything like that...so I can't say that those people that find it funny are mean...but I don't understand.

Anyhow...I'm with you on this one...it is a dangerous thing to do tricking people in this manner, with a gun or violent situation and should not be allowed to air on TV or even be legal in my opinion...but I guess it will take a few people that stand up on this one and go to the courts and start the process to change this...because I don't see people changing on the subject any time soon.

Peace/Joy/Love

Shannon

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

Televison has alot of ridiculos rubbish that doesnt serve anyone any real purpose these days ..childrens minds are being dragged away ..adults seem to not care about current affairs anymore and so to their misguided children ..if someone pulled that prank on someone with a weak heart or anxiety disorder etc ..then im sure they could be in serious trouble because gone are the days of setting up a bucket load of water to drop on an unsuspecting victim ..because the more we are exposed to crap the more want we have for excitement (or apparent excitement) . Pay t.v has a show called CRIME channel ..which has shows about hideous crimes etc and forensic investigations ..wow you know in the future people will be able to be murdered without a trace thanks to T.V . as parents we monitor everything our children watch. even if they grow to watch any of the crap aired atleast they have been exposed to the power not to !

" BE PRESENT "

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I'm glad to tell everyone that this TV Show will not be airing again, but not because people complained, but because TV Station that airs this program found something even more terrible.. Its called "The Moment of Truth" or something.. People are connected to polygraph and are asked a series of questions, if they answer truth they get some money and if they say lie, then they loose everything.. First episode was terrible, even local police said they will be investigating, because people told a lot of stuff..

Its like nothing is sacred to this people, only ratings.. And I'm not even gonna start talking about how polygraph only measures level of stress and its not a lie detector, its a myth.. But, this is a totally different thread topic.. Sad thing is that I do think that we should not ban this kind of program, because that would cut a lot of freedom.. On the other hand, I have the remote so I won't we watching this anymore.. I guess, its the only real thing one can do in situations like this..