Thread: Contemporary Human Logic

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

Default Contemporary Human Logic

A place to share your thoughts regarding contemporary human logic (lol) in all it's fascets.....

Growth Through Adversity

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

My first thought regarding this topic is more of a visual. So here it is...
      Humans at their finest.

Growth Through Adversity

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

With all the attribrutes and capabilities 'we' are gifted with .... it is amazing to see how often 'we' hide, run away from and more-so chose to ignore the Truth .... especially when it is staring at us in the face.

Great topic Michael!!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

"Logic" has always been a bit of a joke to me. The mind grasps and struggles to understand that which will always be beyond understanding. It can be fun to make the attempt, but ultimately we're like a dog chasing its own tail.

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

'Do unto others...'
      Okay. Holding my tongue on this one.
      Sadly it is nothing more than 'Do unto others before they do it to you.'

Growth Through Adversity

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStar View Post
      "Logic" has always been a bit of a joke to me. The mind grasps and struggles to understand that which will always be beyond understanding. It can be fun to make the attempt, but ultimately we're like a dog chasing its own tail.
      Maybe. Logic is a tool, which the human variable will always render imperfect. Like different organs, emotions and logic can work together -- but most often separate. The challenge is when should one be used over the other -- which I believe it can be done...Of course, in doing this, there may sometimes be a few drawbacks: sometimes the "lesser of two evils" so-to-speak. But I am positive that there is one best way in proceeding.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Logio View Post
      Maybe. Logic is a tool, which the human variable will always render imperfect. Like different organs, emotions and logic can work together -- but most often separate. The challenge is when should one be used over the other -- which I believe it can be done...Of course, in doing this, there may sometimes be a few drawbacks: sometimes the "lesser of two evils" so-to-speak. But I am positive that there is one best way in proceeding.
      What happens, i wonder, if we go beyond mind and emotion and trace them back to their source? That way we don't need to see them as dual opposites or somehow antagonistic forces, but as merely two different manifestations of something deeper. Mind and emotion both appear in consciousness. Consciousness remains when both subside (for instance, when there are no thoughts in your mind, or no discernible emotions). Maybe by tracing the surface manifestations to their source, we can access something deeper, richer and truer. A deeper intelligence that transcends the limitations of mind and senses...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStar View Post
      What happens, i wonder, if we go beyond mind and emotion and trace them back to their source? That way we don't need to see them as dual opposites or somehow antagonistic forces, but as merely two different manifestations of something deeper. Mind and emotion both appear in consciousness. Consciousness remains when both subside (for instance, when there are no thoughts in your mind, or no discernible emotions). Maybe by tracing the surface manifestations to their source, we can access something deeper, richer and truer. A deeper intelligence that transcends the limitations of mind and senses...
      That's quite interesting, BlueStar. I can see that as a possibility...and I do see some people as definetly being more mindful of this. One of the unfortunate things is that quick decisions are often needed to be made; thus people may default to either logic, emotions or a contemplation of both, because a deep contemplation may take more mental energy. Maybe having sort of a Zen attitude is what you are referring to. I believe meditation can have many benefits -- not to assume that was what you were referring to...but I think you would agree.

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

But than there is always human intuition, which if nutured can be an extremely valuble 'tool' in our processes of thought/action.
      I believe that it is only when we truly bring all aspects into play equally, that we will realize the true diamond that is humanity at it's finest.
      [Nathan, it's good to have you posting again. WB my friend.]

Growth Through Adversity

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Logio View Post
      That's quite interesting, BlueStar. I can see that as a possibility...and I do see some people as definetly being more mindful of this. One of the unfortunate things is that quick decisions are often needed to be made; thus people may default to either logic, emotions or a contemplation of both, because a deep contemplation may take more mental energy. Maybe having sort of a Zen attitude is what you are referring to. I believe meditation can have many benefits -- not to assume that was what you were referring to...but I think you would agree.
      Yes, I guess what I was referring to was the Zen mind! In meditation, I trace it all back to the source and find that prior to any content of mind, there's just this expanse of awareness, which has its own deep intelligence that seems to transcend the mechanics of the mind itself. It's hard to put into words really. I believe this level of consciousness has been called 'Turiya' in the Hindu terminology. I think this is where our intuition rises, as Michael states. I also believe animals are still connected to this ground of just BEING - they aren't caught up in mind as we humans are. Animals have a deeper, very innate intelligence that sometimes puts us to shame I guess because they don't get lost in the convolutions of mind, and remain grounded in the simplicity of what is.

We have access to that innate intelligence, but for most of us the gravity of mind (thoughts, beliefs, conceptualisations) and the glue of emotion which binds it together is so immense that we often don't have access to that 'Zen' state unless we sit down and meditate for 20 minutes, and even then it can be difficult to reach. So yes, most of us must rely on our minds and what we deem 'logic'. But I feel our logic can be so easily influenced by content of mind, our beliefs and prejudices and past experiences. I've always believed that 'common sense' was a contradiction in terms, because there ain't nothing common about it. I believe the mind is a great tool, but has its clear limits...at least at our current level of development as a species.

For me, I feel the 'best' decisions I've ever made and indeed the best creative inspiration doesn't come from the movement of my mind - which is so largely based on conditioning and past input - but from this deeper expanse of unconditioned consciousness. I think the key for me is to be able to bring this level of consciousness to the surface in my daily life, so I have open access to it, a constant connection. It's interesting that Albert Einstein, one of the world's greatest 'thinkers', seemed to derive his most creative and inspired ideas not from actually thinking, but from delving into this deeper level of consciousness and allowing the answers to come to him. Having access to this deeper level of our consciousness may be a future evolutionary impulse, and one that must be achieved to ensure our survival as a species?

So those are my thoughts on logic. I believe there's a surface level of logic which will take the mind a certain distance, but a great reservoir under the surface which is largely untapped in the human race as a whole. But it's there nonetheless. The possibilities are exciting. This is why I still have great hope for our future potential.

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

+Well said.9 Even9 Psy liked t78h8at8. as s h perceives it. hehehehe0elol.
      She's back on the keyboard sending out the absolute truth

Growth Through Adversity

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Haha, I'm glad Psy felt able to share her unique perspective!

I watch my dogs and often think 'heck, they've GOT it!' They don't get lost in abstraction like we humans. They're just at peace with themselves and with life (unless you forget to feed them their favourite biscuits) They don't have logic, but they have a level of intelligence in which they're just in touch with life. I feel we've lost that as a species. My feeling is that logic can't give us that back, but can only take us farther away from it. Although I guess ultimately I can only speak for myself.

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

To save the shell you must sell the soul.?.

Growth Through Adversity

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

We as a species live by conquest.
      Apparently someone forgot the saying, 'if you live by the sword you die by it.'
      Hmmm. Maybe it's just me and my insane thought processes.

Growth Through Adversity

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

for me i think logic alone has not propelled the human race very far ..universaly anyway ..we seem to be sinking further and further away from our peace our purpose ..as we advance medically and scientifically we can be fooled into feeling as if we have "gained" but we in totality have gone further away from our truth and our purpose ..but of course everything happens for a reason all is known on the greater level ..and nothihng discrimminates ..one needs not be a silent devotee living in the hiimalayas in absolute meditation everyday to come closer to enlightenment for there is no discrimmination for what ones unique purpose is and what their unique experiences and circumstances trully are .. so i think there is logic in that ..not ignoring that little urge inside you that always says "yes do that ,yes go that way,no i dont think so " just a feeling ? or a calculated universal mind speaking within you that you have always "known" heard and listened to ..

" BE PRESENT "

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

Having been recently in the hospital it provided myself with another opportunity to consider the logic in the medical sciences and it's influences on society.
      It is truly unfortunate that we as a global society act to 'cure illness' not to 'prevent illness.'

Growth Through Adversity

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Spirit Walker View Post
      Having been recently in the hospital it provided myself with another opportunity to consider the logic in the medical sciences and it's influences on society.
      It is truly unfortunate that we as a global society act to 'cure illness' not to 'prevent illness.'
      True, my friend. There are some things we may fall prey to...but we can take preemptive measures to many of our ills.
      Last edited by Logio; June 9th, 2010 at 05:26 AM. Reason: grammar