Thread: Blessed by a Goddess

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Smile Blessed by a Goddess

An amazing story, I would love to know what conclusions these test results will bring.

Indian doctors are studying a remarkable 83-year-old holy man who claims to have spent the last seven decades without food and water. Military medics hope the experiments on Prahlad Jani can help soldiers develop their survival strategies.

The long-haired and bearded yogi is under 24-hour observation by a team of 30 doctors during three weeks of tests at a hospital in the western city of Ahmedabad.Two cameras have been set up in his room, while a mobile camera films him when he goes outside, guaranteeing round-the-clock observation.

His body will be scanned and his brain and heart activity measured with electrodes.
      "The observation from this study may throw light on human survival without food and water," said Dr G. Ilavazahagan, who is directing the research.

Dr Ilavazahagan"This may help in working out strategies for survival during natural calamities, extreme stressful conditions and extra-terrestrial explorations like future missions to the Moon and Mars by the human race."

Since the experiment began on April 22, Jani has neither eaten nor drunk and has not been to the toilet."The exercise of taking this yogi under the medical scanner is to understand what energy supports his existence," Dr Ilavazahagan added.

"Jani says he meditates to get energy. Our soldiers will not be able to meditate, but we would still like to find out more about the man and his body." Jani, who dresses in red and wears a nose ring, grew up in Charod village in the Mehsana district in Gujarat.

He claims to have been blessed by a goddess when he was aged eight, which has enabled him to survive without sustenance.

is i am U

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I saw this documentary on TV ....
      It is possible...
      Eating food is a lower self desire ..food is not required for life...
      This great, Supreme God of all the Gods is limited in one respect: He cannot take Himself out of you , anything or anyone else.You are the projector and the screen ...you are the movie and every player is you ....The Projector - The Bodys eyes ...the screen = the world and the universe you see...Know thy self ...

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by planetlove View Post
      ...food is not required for life...
      Yep - I agree with you V!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Yogis can achieve many incredible seemingly miraculous feats, so this doesn't surprise me at all. If you've never read Autobiography of a Yogi, I'd recommend it to anyone, it's one of my favourite books of all times and filled with lots of wonderful, incredible tales, which I have absolutely no reason doubt given the integrity of the author.

Personally, I'd really REALLY miss food and drink though! So I wouldn't be too keen on developing this yogic ability! haha