• Wtf
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Get LOST

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Don't worry I won't give away any spoilers until I know everyone's seen it...but WOW. My head is reeling - it will take a long time to digest that! It's a bit mind-bending and it leaves many questions - but then Lost was never about spoon-feeding us answers. There's probably enough to join the dots ourselves (with the help of Lostpedia!) It was an incredible piece of television, epic on an unbelievable scale and so SO emotional. I was fighting back tears all the way through it (which is quite embarrassing when you're in someone else's house ). Will have to watch it again, but I'm very satisfied with the ending - it's bold and, to me, very very moving. I still feel like crying.

Hope everyone else enjoys it I might as well sell my TV now - cos, for me, nothing else remotely near this calibre. Lost was something special and I'll miss it so much.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Default The End

I thought the finale was beautiful and epic, I watched it earlier and I dont think I have ever been moved so much by watching a TV show. Ok a lot of things were left unanswered and a lot of people are still scatching thier heads (including me) but It was a fantastic ending and a lot more spiritual and meaningful than I expected it to be.

I loved trying to figure it out all the mysteries over the 6 years and what was going on (and to be honest am still trying to wrap my head around some events) and I also think it was wonderful the way it got people to discuss and theorise about subjects they would probably never even think about.

In the end though Lost really was about the characters, it was about redemption relationships, faith, friendship, sacrifice, and love. It was an amazing journey, a glimpse into the lives of ordinary people who were lost and emotionaly scarred but threw into extrodinary circumstances and learning to survive, To get along with each other but most of all helping each other find Peace Love and Meaning in their Lives and in Death.

I wont spoil it for anybody who has not seen it yet. I will wait to discuss any specific points about the finale, It was an amazing ending to a wonderful show. I will miss it, but watching it again from the perspective of knowing the end will be fun.

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

For the short period it took me to watch the entire show ... I was moved deeply by the ending .... yes, there are many unanswered questions, but I find myself not really bothered by that .... and still the urge to get all teary eyed is close at hand thinking about all the beautiful Love that was finally recognized in the end.

And Sean - it doesn't surprise me that you would find a video like the one you just posted ... .... that had me teary eyed as well!

It has been fun sharing this journey of Lost with you guys .... I only watched because of you guys ... thank you!!

When Jack's Dad ... said they created that place ... the church ... to find and to be together once again ... I thought of MW.
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Quote Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
      It has been fun sharing this journey of Lost with you guys .... I only watched because of you guys ... thank you!!

When Jack's Dad ... said they created that place ... the church ... to find and to be together once again ... I thought of MW.
      Funny you should should say that because as I was writing this

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
      To get along with each other but most of all helping each other find Peace Love and Meaning in their Lives and in Death.
      I thought the same thing, This could be about MW

really glad you enjoyed it Polly, Im sure everybody on this site would enjoy it, It has so much meaning and will go down as one the best TV shows of all time Im sure

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

If your still confused about the finale this summary from somebody from Bad Robot (The creators of Lost) is worth reading

Lost Summary

A piece from the article explaining the sideways world

Sideways world is where it gets really cool in terms of theology and metaphysical discussion (for me at least -- because I love history/religion theories and loved all the talks in the writer's room about it). Basically what the show is proposing is that we're all linked to certain people during our lives. Call them soulmates (though it's not exactly the best word). But these people we're linked to are with us duing "the most important moments of our lives" as Christian said. These are the people we move through the universe with from lifetime to lifetime. It's loosely based in Hinduisim with large doses of western religion thrown into the mix.

The conceit that the writers created, basing it off these religious philosophies, was that as a group, the Lostaways subconsciously created this "sideways" world where they exist in purgatory until they are "awakened" and find one another. Once they all find one another, they can then move on and move forward. In essence, this is the show's concept of the afterlife. According to the show, everyone creates their own "Sideways" purgatory with their "soulmates" throughout their lives and exist there until they all move on together. That's a beautiful notion. Even if you aren't religious or even spirtual, the idea that we live AND die together is deeply profound and moving.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Thanks for the summary and the Enigma/Lost video Sean - how wonderful!

I find it so interesting the polarisation of opinion over the finale - to me it clearly spells the division between people that are head-based and people that are heart-based. I can't help but feel the people who only cared about learning facts and information had completely missed the point of the whole series - and probably life itself. Ultimately I realised 'the answers' were the superficial part, the mere details. The core and heart of the show was about love, life, death, purpose and redemption. It's funny, when describing the finale to someone who has never watched it but was interested, they commented that it sounded a bit like my novel to them...and I can see some similarities! So I had to like it lol.

The alternate reality/'purgatory' theme is a wonderful metaphor for spiritual awakening - not even so much in the afterlife, but in this life. We wander about in an ultimately illusory world, thinking we are a certain person in a certain situation...but eventually we awaken and realise that we are so much more. We realise who we are and that the essence of life is to let go and move deeper into the light.

Yup, the Lost finale exceeded my expectations and was one of the most beautiful and moving things I've ever seen on television. It affected me and has stayed with me long after watching it. I'm so grateful to the creators for creating such a wonderful series and such a powerful and life-affirming and spiritually enlightening finale. I am going to have to invest in the DVDs I think and watch it again from the start

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Oh - I wanted to say that Polly, I thought of you when I saw the very end where Vincent came and lay next to Jack! I remember how you stated that Vincent had to have some significance. If I hadn't already been absolutely choked with tears I would have been by then. As one of the things I saw on twitter said: "the final lesson of Lost: dogs are awesome." Very moving to see the mirror image of the first moments of the show but in reverse...and very moving seeing Vincent comfort Jack as he passed over. Someone else noted that 'dog' is an anagram of 'God'

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I've watched the End Adleast twice now; (friends of mine tend to think i OD when i insist to view it more then once) But like life, there are so many connections that we never catch the first time around. All the questions will never be fully answered because like life, when one question is answered,another pops up. Its just the nature of things.
      The Island, which I tend to believe, was that metaphor of life. Its stood as that "Magic Box where anything you want will be in it." This was hinted at in seasons past. IT was something that forced people to look at themselves, look at others, and face/confront problems and issues that may have been holding them back from moving on.
      I just recently finished watching "The Walkabout" (which, to my belief is the best episode from LOST, period. Hulu.com it if you havent seen it, its absolutely stellar, must see- breathtaking - First Season.) and the message where John keeps saying "Dont tell me what I can and cannot do!" keeps sticking out in my head.
      Sometimes to get to the things we want, we do things we never thought we could do, or would have never thought to do.
      Its a real life-in-motion observation on the human nature.

I just loved it. And I feel most of the questions we did care about were answered - we had closure for these characters, which were the story.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I enjoyed this quite lengthy analysis of the Lost finale - well-observed and insightful! I liked the way it explained what happened with MIB/Smokie/Flocke, it makes perfect sense.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2031...387946,00.html