• Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get LOST

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Default Get LOST

Wondering if there are any fellow Lost junkies here? Although I've pretty much given up on TV lately, about the only show I'm genuinely excited about is the final season of LOST!

It is definitely my favourite TV series of the past decade. It is truly one of the most original, inventive, unpredictable, complex, mind-bending and exciting TV shows of all time. Since the end-date was announced midway through the third season it has been consistently brilliant, and I love trying to get my head around the plot and work out the mysteries.

Next week the final season begins and I am certainly hoping it will have a suitably satisfying (and comprehensible!) finale. The end of the last season had one of the best cliffhangers I've ever seen. A nuclear bomb over a specific area of the island detonates in 1977 presumably altering the entire timeline and preventing the events at the start of the series from ever taking place. No one has the remotest clue how the next series will begin.

If anyone hasn't seen Lost, then I highly recommend starting from the beginning - rent or buy the DVD boxsets and work your way through. It's hugely addictive.

I found this video, a kind of recap prior to the new season, really well made. Enjoy!

Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”
      "The most beautiful and thought-provoking book I have ever read."

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Just got done watching the first Episode of the last season ... like lost.. there was some amazing moments. The one with Jack and Locke talking the airport and Jack offers him his card.. I about teared up.. Terry and Matthew should win awards just for that scene.... and I am so glad Sayid came back.. was getting pissed off they took so long to get to the godforsaken temple.... but looking foward to seeing how this all ties in and interested to know why Smokey wants to go home.. the ash was explained.. er.. as much as lost explains anything and omg... Im so babbling.. okay... I'm done

VIVA LA LOST!!!!!

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

eeek, had to stop reading your post! i wont see the ep til saturday i'm being very disciplined and trying to avoid spoilers! (and its killing me haha).

Glad to know I'm not the only lost fan here Gen! i truly think its the only tv show i've ever been obsessive about, except perhaps father ted! Cant wait for saturday, will share my thoughts when i see it. so excited!
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

LOL... sorry..that was definately an incoherent spoiler.. When you see the episode, we should discuss together. I say we should keep this thread open for our own theories! John Locke has got to be one of the most dynamic characters on a Television series I've seen which pulls him as my favourite right behind Sayid. How about you?

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

There are so many things you can discuss about Lost, you could go round and round in circles forever! Locke is really awesome, I'm still in shock after the fifth season finale when we found out that, well 'dead is dead' and that is ISNT him that was resurrected. Never saw that coming. Sayid is pretty cool too. Not sure who my favourites are actually...I like them, although Jack and Kate can be a bit dull. I'll miss Juliet, and still don't think they should have killed Rousseau, always thought she had a lot of potential.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Looks like its just you and me Gen. We'll send the smoke monster after the others hehe!

Just saw episode 3 and the final season is off to a fantastic start. It has such a way of reeling you and and making you so desperate for answers. Totally intrigued by these other Others (at the temple). I already suspected that after Sayid was resurrected that it wasn't going to be him as such. The island has a way of "claiming" corpses and reanimating them for its own purposes (locke, jack's dad). And now Claire? Been wondering what had happened with her for aaaages.

I also love the new narrative format. We've gone from flashbacks to flashforwards to flashsideways? Is this a simultaneous reality? It was really well done, and I really liked the way they handled the kate/claire scenes.

Only a dozen or so episodes left. In a way I can't wait to find out how it ends, but I don't want it to be over. Frankly TV rarely interests me, but I love Lost so much.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Wondering if Jacob has taken form into Sayid... I mean if Smokie can do it.. why not Jacob? But Seriously.. the minute he arose; the look in his eye - I knew it wasnt really him.
      But what do you think about Ethan being at the hospital when Claire when into false Labour?! That man has always creeped me out but seriously.. what was he doing off the island?
      Regarding the return of Claire.. was it me or did she have a real setting traps-wielding shotgun - paranoid Rousseu thing going? I saw too many connections.
      As to the new Temple dwellers, the head Asian man and his lackie translator - they annoy me to ends. I dont like their characters so far but we will see. I mean, I didnt like Juliet at first either but that dramatically changed...
      So much to see so much to observe.... yup, Lost is off to a great start.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I'm kind of expecting a Jacob/smokie showdown; maybe they will each assume a body to battle each other? Maybe Smokie can assume multiple forms? The temple folk were devastated to learn that jacob was dead, so I don't think they'd want to kill Sayid if he was in some way hosting Jacob. They seem to know a lot of what's going on, which is probably why they are so darn cryptic.

Ethan does have a creepy look about him. If he was my doctor i'd be scared! He maybe never went to the island, because in that timeline the bomb went off in 1977, so he was maybe never brought to the island? I can't remember his history actually...might have to check the lostpedia. Heck, this is about the only tv show you need to consult an encyclopedia to understand, but i guess that's why I love it, its a big puzzle!

And yeah, Claire definitely had a Rousseau thing going there...! I liked Rousseau, its such a shame she died so suddenly and off-screen (think it was the actresses choice never to come back). Her storu seems unfinished somehow. Maybe we'll see more of her.

So much to discuss!!

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

I am completeley addicted to Lost, I have watched it from the begining and have rewatched all again leading up to this season, It is one of the most addictive mysterious and fantastic TV shows I have seen..

This season has been awesome, I thought the questions would stop and we would only get answers but there is only 5 shows left till the grand finale and it still blows my mind trying to work it out. I only hope the finale lives up to what people are expecting.

There have been some amazing OMG moments this season, The end of "Sundown" when they are all walking through the temple and "catch a falling star" is playing in the background, Crazy Claire , Bens speech to Illana in the jungle. (he deserves an emmy or whatever they give them for that) Who/What the smoke monster is

I love the spiritual mysterious aspect of Lost, Jacob and the MIB are intriguing characters... but who are they really?

Were it is going I hazard guessess and theories like the millions of lost fans online, My theories have been hit and miss "Ab Aeterno" was an amazing episode confirmed what I always suspected about Richard. and how he got to the island, One of the few things I have got right I never guessed about Locke last season.

As for Sayid with his thousand yard stare, lack of emotions and willing to sacrifice anybody to see Nadia again make him a brutal enemy but will he be on the side of good or evil in the end...I wonder

I doubt we have seen the last of Waaaaaaalt or Aaron, they must have some part to play in all this surely

You have got to hand it to the writers, the have created an amazing show that has kept people guessing since 1994.. Although I cant wait till the finale to see just how it all plays out it will be a bitter sweet moment when it ends...

Maybe claire's squirrel baby is the key to it all lol
      Last edited by Mr. Brightside; April 9th, 2010 at 08:54 PM.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I'd forgotten you were a fellow Lost fan Sean! I would have thought there would be more of us on here, somehow would have thought the mythology and themes would appeal to MWers!

Just watched this week's episode total and it was brilliant - but then Desmond episodes usually are. Seems a real game-changer as well; now the two timelines are linked (by Desmond, the constant!) and interestingly Eloise Hawking seems to know what's going on. I once read that the producers had described her as a 'temporal policeman' or woman. Was so great to see Charlie back, and also Daniel and Penny. The Desmond/Penny relationship is one of the most genuine I've ever seen on TV and their scenes together almost make me want to cry - and sometimes even do. I'm greatly relieved that the alternate timeline seems to have a purpose at least, like many I found it a bit frustrating at times and was worried it was just padding. Will be very interesting to see how it transpires.

But yeah, there have been some masterstrokes this season! Terry O'Quinn is genuinely terrifying as fake-Locke, just one look on his face can send shivers down my spine. Crazy Clare is brilliant (and how do they get her hair so matted! It could break a titanium comb surely!) and emotionless Sayid very unnerving (the bit where he watches impassively as Clare tried to kill Kate was chilling, all the more so the way they underplayed it).

Can't wait to see how it all transpires. Hoping it will have a satisfying, understandable conclusion! It's been an incredible feat of storytelling, the most complex and well-crafted I think I've ever seen on TV, so I hope the conclusion is suitably brilliant

Oh and welcome back again Sean we've all really missed you!

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Thanks Rory missed you to my friend

Great episode this week as Desmond episodes usually are, A bit confusing though, is Desmond the key because he is the only one who has seen the flash sideways so knows the alternative lives the losties could lead and thats why he wants to contact them, he is everybodys "Contstant"? , I suspect its also something to do with the fact beacuse Desmond found his beloved Penny and knows that no matter what the island, Jacob, Eloise or Widmore can throw at him destiny will happen and he will end up with Penny..

Certainly seems like they are all likely to meet each other in the Alt. timeline.

Some questions for you fellow Losties

Do you think widmore knew what Ben would do to Jacob and thats why he sent his rambo guys to get him in season 3/4?

If the flashsideways are the result of the Losties not being touched by Jacob and how there lives would have been (not because of the incident), Do you think the MIB went back in time and somehow stopped Jacob from contacting them on the mainland.

If the lighthouse is Jacobs list and the Cave is MIBs why is Kate only crossed of the MIBs list? I noticed Flocke seemed very suprised when Kate walked out of the temple, For some reason do you think he thought she was dead or never came back to the island on the Ajira flight..

This is a wild theory that has been floating around in my head for a while, In the Pilot episode both Locke and Jack dissapear for a short while whilst the smoke monster is chasing them, imagine if they had both been possessed all this time.... Remember Lockes conversation with Walt on the beach.

"2 sides One Dark, One Light, Do you want to know a secret"

What was that secret he tells Walt?

Far fetched I know but thats what Lost does to my brain.....

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStar View Post
      I would have thought there would be more of us on here, somehow would have thought the mythology and themes would appeal to MWers!
      Since I enjoy both the show 'Survivor' and the book/1963 film 'Lord of the Flies' ... 'Lost' just may tickle my fancy. *Hm?* .... I just may skip on over to www.netflix.com and put the first season in our queue.

Also, Survivor, Lord of the Flies along with Cast Away and Gilligan's Island .... all had their part in the concept/creation of 'Lost'

So, I off I go to Netflix to check it out .... thanks guys!!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
      Since I enjoy both the show 'Survivor' and the book/1963 film 'Lord of the Flies' ... 'Lost' just may tickle my fancy. *Hm?* .... I just may skip on over to www.netflix.com and put the first season in our queue.

Also, Survivor, Lord of the Flies along with Cast Away and Gilligan's Island .... all had their part in the concept/creation of 'Lost'

Oooh cool, I think you will enjoy!! It starts with a real bang. The storylines take a while to gradually evolve, patience is needed with lost. But it really, truly rewards that patience I can't wait to watch the whole series from the start!

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
      Some questions for you fellow Losties

Do you think widmore knew what Ben would do to Jacob and thats why he sent his rambo guys to get him in season 3/4?
      You never know, although don't know if we've seen that Widmore (who, sorry, will ALWAYS just be Jim Robinson from Neighbours to me, haha, it doesn't matter how many roles Alan Dale has!) has the ability to see into the future...but then again, he was involved with Eloise Hawking, who certainly does. But no, I think the rivalry between them started before that, possibly when they were both Others and before Widmore was exiled (can't remember at what point that happened and whether Ben would have been with the Others that long at that point).

If the flashsideways are the result of the Losties not being touched by Jacob and how there lives would have been (not because of the incident), Do you think the MIB went back in time and somehow stopped Jacob from contacting them on the mainland.
      No...I could be wrong, but I don't see the writers bringing in the time travel element again. I'm pretty sure the alternate reality was the result of the Incident, which would have pretty much destroyed the island and killed Jacob and everyone else on the island.
      If the lighthouse is Jacobs list and the Cave is MIBs why is Kate only crossed of the MIBs list? I noticed Flocke seemed very suprised when Kate walked out of the temple, For some reason do you think he thought she was dead or never came back to the island on the Ajira flight..
      Good observation! No idea!

This is a wild theory that has been floating around in my head for a while, In the Pilot episode both Locke and Jack dissapear for a short while whilst the smoke monster is chasing them, imagine if they had both been possessed all this time.... Remember Lockes conversation with Walt on the beach.

"2 sides One Dark, One Light, Do you want to know a secret"

What was that secret he tells Walt?

Far fetched I know but thats what Lost does to my brain.....
      I saw a clip of that exchange...totally prophetic! I don't imagine they'd have been possessed all this time...but then again, who knows? The more you think about it, the more the mind gets fevered with all kinds of theories. To be honest, I've never really speculated all that much as it makes my brain hurt. Plus, none of the theories I've come up with have ever been even remotely close to the mark!

Here's a review I found of the last episode and it's filled with fascinating comments and insights and theories...thought you might find it interesting:

In the review for "LA X", it was theorized that "the Incident" was associated with a quantum mechanical event, such that two realities were born out of a single timeline: the familiar "Lost Prime" and the flash-sideways "Lost X". While many possible explanations for the purpose of "Lost X" have been offered since that point, based on new information, one constant has been the theory that Desmond would be directly connected to it.

While many of the characters have experienced time travel and exposure to the unusual electromagnetic properties of the island, Desmond is the one that was at the heart of the Swan Station implosion in "Live Together, Die Alone". And as seen in "Flashes Before Your Eyes" and "The Constant", this led to Desmond's consciousness being uniquely "unstuck". Desmond could see the future for a time, and stood outside of the rule that "whatever happened, happened".

This episode confirms the assumption that "the Incident" was the cause of the split in the timeline. If there are details in terms of events before 1977 that seem to diverge and can't be explained by the lack of time traveling by the survivors, that's likely just side effects of the temporal connection to the electromagnetic anomaly. (OK, in reality, it's a bit of sloppiness from the writers, but that's not as much fun as coming up with a work-around!)

And that seems to solidify the theory that "the Incident" had differing effects in each timeline. In "Lost Prime", the island remained intact, but those displaced in time were taken back to the moment of their departure (2007). In "Lost X", the island sank (at an undetermined rate, but slow enough to let most if not all of the Dharma Initiative members to leave), and Jacob never intervened in the lives of the characters.

It was inevitable, just based on the information in "LA X", that the two timelines would ultimately connect. As stated in the review for "The Package", the progression of the "Lost X" timeline towards a reunion of the familiar characters who were on that timeline's Oceanic 815 flight has to have a purpose within the larger context of the story. This episode only drives home this notion.

This episode provided an interesting perspective on the relationship between "Lost Prime" and "Lost X". Characters in "Lost X" are becoming more and more aware of the existence of "Lost Prime", during moments of transcendent personal revelation. In this episode, it's tied to two life-altering events: love and death. The emphasis is on love, but both Charlie and Desmond had their epiphanies during near-death experiences.

The two are also not directly linked. Daniel recognized that he loved Charlotte, but there was no associated near-death experience. (And while one might theorize that Daniel's own unique mental state in "Lost Prime" could account for his insight, that's an exception that seems a bit too subtle, especially given how Desmond is in focus.) On the other side of the coin, Jack was the one person in "LA X" who seemed to have flashes of recollection of "Lost Prime", without the trigger of love. Yet, it's clear that the death of his father had affected him deeply.

Yet it is interesting to note that the characters in "Lost Prime" don't have the same insights into the existence of "Lost X". The only character that seems to allude to it is Jacob's rival. But that is only in the form of temptation, so it's not necessarily a reference to "Lost X". A solid rationale would have to be provided to make that link.

Desmond's unique state of existence may be that link. By the end of this episode, there is every reason to believe that he is aware of the "Lost X" timeline, just as Desmond X is aware of "Lost Prime". He now has a holistic perspective that the rest of the characters simply do not have. And that ties back into the speculation from the review for "LA X": if someone has to make a decision as to which reality will prevail, Desmond is the only one with the necessary perspective on both states of existence. Desmond may not be the one called to make a decision, but he may be able to trump it.

It's fairly clear that the final battle is swiftly approaching. Possession of the Ajira plane (or, perhaps, the Widmore submarine) is the final goal. Jacob's rival put together a long-term plan to achieve the right set of circumstances to leave the island. Jacob constructed his own plan in counterpoint. This all involves the Candidates, and a few possible scenarios have been mentioned, particularly in the review for "The Package".

Yet Widmore's gambit seemed apart from that. Now it's revealed that it has something to do with Desmond, the electromagnetic properties of the main island, and perhaps even a nuclear bomb. Because it seems rather likely that Widmore knows about the splintered timeline.

In "Flashes Before Your Eyes", Eloise Hawking made it very clear that Desmond had to resist the urge to alter the timeline, because if he did, "every single one of us is dead". This has been echoed by Jacob and Widmore this season more than once. But what does that mean? From a literal perspective, it could mean that Jacob's rival would utterly destroy all life on the planet. But it could also mean that Jacob's rival could wipe out the "Lost Prime" timeline in favor of one of his own preference. In essence, everyone in the "Lost Prime" timeline would cease to exist.

Right now, Jacob's rival is telling the Candidates that he can give them what they want: the restoration of loved ones and a better life, a world where Jacob never brought them to the island. It's the exact opposite of redemption. But to the Candidates, that might actually sound like a good thing. "Lost Prime" has been harsh. The thought of a new world, where things turned out the way they "should have been", would have to be tempting, especially sight unseen.

But Desmond is now aware of that other existence. On some level, he may still be connected to it. He knows, from direct experience, that the other universe is not perfect. If anything, he realizes (thanks to Charlie and Daniel) that as real as it may seem and even be, it's not where the "Lost Prime" survivors are meant to be. More than that, he knows that the two are intrinsically connected. In other words, it may be that wiping out "Lost Prime" in favor of "Lost X" would, in essence, destroy both timelines.

Then again, it's a well-established fact that the producers and writers had no intention of exploring the "Lost X" timeline before they settled on the finalized plan for the sixth season. It was a late addition to the series, developed as a means of adjusting format to give the season a unique flavor. So while this approach gives the audience a perspective into this alternative reality, it's likely that the original treatment was more conceptual.

It all comes down, as Jacob said in "Ab Aeterno", to finding someone willing to let go of the past, accept a clean slate, and take his place as caretaker of the island. It makes perfect sense that Jacob's rival would offer them a temptation of this magnitude. Widmore is in direct opposition to Jacob's rival, so it appears as though this is all part of Jacob's counter-ploy.

After all, if Jacob contrived to have Oceanic 815 crash on the island, then he is the likely manipulator behind Desmond's lapse in the Swan Station (going back to the long-standing theory that the crash was not at all accidental). And who was directly involved in getting Desmond to the island? Charles Widmore. It all adds up. (That also serves to explain Libby's importance to the story. She facilitated Desmond's arrival on the island as part of Team Jacob. There's really nothing else pertinent to know about her.)

So how might it all come together? Desmond knows about the other timeline. He knows that "Lost Prime" is the way things were supposed to play out; this is in direct line with Eloise Hawking's warnings in "Flashes Before Your Eyes". He can survive intense electromagnetic fields, such as exist on the island and are tied to the containment of Jacob's rival. And he knows that a nuclear bomb, in conjunction with such a field, can change the flow of time. And Eloise Hawking, someone intimately connected to Charles Widmore, knew all about the implications based on her possession of Daniel Faraday's journal.

What if Charles Widmore, as part of Jacob's plan, is trying to stage a second, much bigger Incident? The producers have said that Zoe is key to the final resolution; as a geophysicist, she would be able to advise on where the second Incident would need to take place. If "whatever happened, happened", and "course correction" is intrinsic to the stability of the timeline, then it may all come down to mending the damage done by the first Incident. And it makes sense that it would take an event of similar magnitude to make that happen.

The trick could be that this requires setting off the burst in the most potent electromagnetic location on the island, and it may be too strong for a normal human being to withstand. That's where Desmond comes into the picture. Eliminate the "Lost X" timeline, and Jacob's rival no longer has an alternative to offer to the Candidates. (In fact, it may be that Jacob's rival needs the "Lost X" timeline to exist for his escape to be fully realized. Eliminate "Lost X", select the Candidate, and the game is over for this cycle.)

So a relatively logical scenario is now forming for the final resolution to the story. But there is one unusual aspect still to take into account. Desmond seemed altogether too happy to do what Widmore was asking him to do, which seems to be sacrificing himself (and therefore his life with Penny and little Charlie) to eliminate the "Lost X" timeline in which he was still destined to be with his true love. But he was also willing to go with Sayid, no questions asked. So what is Desmond's current motivation?

Desmond has never been particularly secretive on the matter: his sole desire was always to be with Penny. As far back as "Live Together, Die Alone", the producers have been clear on the point that the Desmond/Penny relationship was one of the most important aspects of the story. So the audience can count on Desmond making whatever choice he feels is right with respect to Penny. It's not entirely clear what he took away from his experience in "Lost X", but it's certainly going to factor into the endgame.

Overall, this was another solid and satisfying episode, confirming some of the speculation regarding the direction and nature of the story while promising that some of the more pressing plot threads will be resolved. This is effectively the end of the complication phase of the final arc; it's now a headlong rush to ultimate resolution.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Fantastic review, makes a lot of sense and made my brain explode lol, I know what he is saying about Desmond being the only one who has seen both timelines and now is on some kind of mission to do something about it..

Did we ever see how and why Eloise left the island, I dont ever recall it happening in the series... and whatever happened to poor old Rose and Bernard..

One of my favorite moments from the show was in the last season when the Saywer, Juliet and Kate were going to stop Jack and his nuke and they meet Rose and Bernard in the Jungle. They did not care about the island moving, jack and nuke, smokie, the incident, the dharma or anything, they just wated to live in peace by the sea and be left alone...that was a really sweet moment.

Watching the full series again understanding what is going on (Instead of wondering what the hell is going on) will be quite enjoyable.

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Go for it Polly, I am sure if you stick with it you will love it and become addicted as I am lol

I dont ever remember any show having so many people theorising and speculating over what the next episode/season will bring, some theories are way out there in the realms of fantasy and science fiction (like mine ) but there must be millions of words written each day on web sites and message boards about Lost. I think It will go down as one of the best TV shows ever made.

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Okay - just finished watching the very first episode of 'Lost' .............. the dog obviously has some significance .... ?

I think it's an invisible T-Rex rooming the island!! [Later Edit] A Polar Bear!?

Wild and Creepy!!
      Last edited by Narnia; April 14th, 2010 at 11:03 PM.
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Okay - just finished watching the very first episode of 'Lost' .............. the dog obviously has some significance .... ?

I think it's an invisible T-Rex rooming the island!! [Later Edit] A Polar Bear!?

Wild and Creepy!!
      Hehe just the first of the many mysteries...answers will be forthcoming, but you gotta keep watching!

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
      Fantastic review, makes a lot of sense and made my brain explode lol, I know what he is saying about Desmond being the only one who has seen both timelines and now is on some kind of mission to do something about it..

Did we ever see how and why Eloise left the island, I dont ever recall it happening in the series... and whatever happened to poor old Rose and Bernard..

One of my favorite moments from the show was in the last season when the Saywer, Juliet and Kate were going to stop Jack and his nuke and they meet Rose and Bernard in the Jungle. They did not care about the island moving, jack and nuke, smokie, the incident, the dharma or anything, they just wated to live in peace by the sea and be left alone...that was a really sweet moment.

Watching the full series again understanding what is going on (Instead of wondering what the hell is going on) will be quite enjoyable.
      I love Rose and Bernard, as far as I know they're still living like hermits with Vincent.

I don't think we found out how Eloise Hawking left the island. Just checked on Lostpedia: http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Eloise_Hawking (Gotta love a show where you need to refer to an encylopedia every so often!). She is a fascinating character.

I believe Desmond is key as he seems to have awareness of both realities. Someone who has been conspicuous from the absence in the alternate timeline (and I'm assuming this isn't just because the actress is filming another series) is Juliet. She also knows of the other reality (I think), judging by her final words to Sawyer after detonating the bomb: 'it worked'. According to the producers, Juliet is key to the resolution of the story...and so apparently is Zoe, the geologist helping Widmore. Hmmmmm......

Mr. Brightside
      This user has no status.
        Edit
      I am:
      ----
        Edit

Wild and Creepy!!
      Im sure the dog (vincent) has some part to play in the grand plan, he pops up every now and again in the story..

The polar bear is just the start of it lol. when it appeared I think thats when I realised this is not going to be an ordinary TV show