View RSS Feed

Kiran

Past, present and future

Rate this Entry
by , August 26th, 2010 at 10:39 AM (688 Views)
It seems at the moment I am doing a lot of looking to my past, my heritage and memories. I know this has a purpose, everything does. The main thing is that we do not get caught up in remaining in the past.
We have many lessons we can learn and grow from by connecting with the Ancestors and our heritage but if we get too caught up in the past, we can become stuck. We will not grow, we will not move forward.
We have to be able to take what we need and then move away again.
The very same can be said for looking forward to much.
While we need to plan ahead for some things, constantly wishing for the day to hurry and pass etc. can also bring negative results. By looking too far ahead, we can miss all the wonders right under our nose so to speak.
We have to live in this world, function in society and yet not at the cost of our True Selves.
I am trying to connect with my past while remaining in the now...easier said than done but by looking to my past, I see who I am, what makes me who I am, enabling me to enjoy the present.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

yeah so true ..in some ways.. lorri..id say the aim would be to flow from past to present without reactions,analysis or whatever ..just the observer ..taking from each experience the lessons ..difficult to do i know this well ..float in the bubble ..but not be the bubble ..not be the experience ..just to be ..for me my ancestors and distant part are an important aspect of my cultural identity and my direct link to spirit and beyond me ..as my rock ..when i become lost i am able to revisit this in my concious memory and heart of hearts ..so i may become found again ..but yeah i can do without beating myself up over many past situations and pain by bringing that into my now .. xxx