View RSS Feed

Kiran

The Mind Killer

Rate this Entry
by , June 29th, 2010 at 12:50 PM (23254 Views)
Having just come back from my holidays (and had a great time and the wedding was beautiful!), I got little time to do much 'thinking'...the kind I would usually do. Also my link to here was cut off (only through being able to chat with Michael did I manage to feel that connection) and therefore all I would usually be feeling and thinking was also put on hold. We were so caught up in the travel, the wedding, the family etc I didn't get time to do much else apart from read the odd time.
I guess where I am going with this is that while we all need to unplug from the internet and other distractions from time to time, we also need to disconnect from ourselves, from over thinking, over analysing everything.
I was away fro 9 days and in that time, the world still turned, people still posted and life went on. People fell in love, argued, whatever we all do in our day to day lives continued.
Did what I feel or think about change any of that? No it didn't. Did the fact that I had no input change anything? No it didn't.
We can tie ourselves up in knots sometimes but continually analysing stuff, though processes etc. Sometimes, I feel we just need to step away and let things be.
Never forget...on some level you are always connected, always contributing etc so while we step away, we never truly do.
Our brains need a break as much as the rest of us does and at the end of the day, we are all individuals and while for some the sheep mentality is there and they follow blindly the thoughts/words of others...we have to accept that that is where they need to be right now.
All any of us can do is take responsibility for our own actions, thoughts and words. As Rory has said in his blog, if you follow your heart and always let love lead the way, you will do what is right for you and in turn what is right for others. Follow the creed...'and harm none'.

Oh its so good to be back home here
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Absolutely right Lorri. We somehow think that with our incessant and compulsive mental activity - our thinking, analysis, judgements, planning, etc - we are somehow holding the universe together. In truth, of the 60,000 thoughts each of us think today, 99% of them are the same useless habitual thoughts we had yesterday. Creating space in the mind is essential for our sanity. I think most people's problems are in fact attributable to an overabundance of useless and often quite destructive mental activity. It's like a disease afflicting humanity at its current state of development. Deliberately creating space between our thoughts is so very healing...

So glad you had a great holiday Lorri! And great to have you back again
    true with the unplug stuff and i know all of us have had to do it at some stage here. i know what you mean baout observing without anaylising in a physical sense ..but for me i think at my stage in learning im being shown to analyse feelings,emotions and really delve into the karmic messages and learning experiences i need to examine.. but that we all do it uniquely one can not argue with another about their path of learning their way of evolving because we all stop and start in drips and drabs thru out our lives ,at times the ego for some will rear its head up in times of strength but also times of weakness..the fun of having a human plug in. i missed your imput because many people are teachers like i feel you are ..yes people need to unplug from the material world but never stop plugging into the spiritual because we are here to learn about ourselves and that does take work ..even in ther most relaxing and quietest of ways xxxx so nice to have you back here xx