View RSS Feed

International Misfit Ramblings

I'm Officially Underground

Rate this Entry
This checks out as no surprise.
I've always had an affinity for the dark in my nature. Beyond the velvet skirts, black eyeliner and combat boots, past the multitude of Cure, VNV Nation and Cruxshadows CDs in my collection, and rounding the corner with a pallor so fierce I put to shame any tan that could surface; and also a more exclusive fail for someone who’s mother is half black. Also Fashion in my taste for serious, dark, brooding and beautiful Arab men, a little mention of masochistic fantasies, preference for a full moon to a bright sunny sky, and really it checks out as no surprise. I’ve got some story to tell, some chapter to write. Or maybe the chapters write themselves. As much as try to deny it, we go back to our nature, and I’m coming to classic terms with mine: I’m a dark person.

I ride the subways at 3 in the morning, write, read, reflect and motion thought to current events. Of course its all over when the first rays of sunlight come streaming through the window and all energy had breaks a release. I work in a train station and soon I will be transferring to work at one of the most legendary ones: Penn Station. Overnight shift hanging with the freaks and bums.
This should be no surprise either. As a matter of fact, I think everything is crosshatching together; things are finally starting to make sense in my life. And as it turns out, people need people like me to help other aspects of life function because many couldn’t otherwise. So I’m content with this balance. Content to understand a little bit about myself more each day and not try to fight and split to fit into molds I never should have considered before. Its okay to be a bit self righteous when you know your self sufficient and at peace with it. So I’m at peace with me.
I’m officially Underground.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Feeling like a wandering animal who has just arrived that the fringes of a fresh kill .... I sit back and quietly observe with a keen interest.

Loving this post!!
    You write as any master artist paints.
    So much more than words.
    You create complete realms. Living, breathing, sweating, and bleeding.
    You are a Master of creation. A master of your True Being.

With my sincerest respect.
    I'm humbled. Thank you for the enthusiastic compliments. Its fuel to write more

Hope all is well with you Michael....and as always, another glimpse is had at how crazy I can be... gotta love blogs

Cheers.
    Gen
    In my antisipation of your next post I keep peeking in. [Quietly admitting to becoming a 'fan'.]
    I love Life and the way it beats us as we never thought we could handle. And loving it reminds of that through such endurance we are in fact made stronger... We grow.
    p.s., "We're never going to survive, unless we get a little crazy." Crazy is real. Crazy is Life.

Ard Choille!
    Michael
    yes i agree with Micheal ..the visions take me there with u ..and help me envision ..your word ..xx
    Gen you have a quality about you that endears me to you and this blog entry of yours just endears me more to you. Love ya!