View RSS Feed

tonytonytone

Of Life, Love and Lust

Rate this Entry
You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. - Khalil Gibran

It has been exactly a year since my last blog entry...and a lot has happened in that year. I can sum it all up by that quote by Gibran (who I must say was a brilliant brilliant man!).

This past year has been one in which life's events have had me questioning my very existence. I have fallen in and out of love one time too many. And wanting things and people that are oh so unavailable!!!

A brief summary of what has happened...my best friend tested HIV+. I thought this was a good thing...knowing what was the matter. He had been getting sick a bit too often and we all wondered what the matter was. He's doing great now. On his medication and feeling healthy.

I quit my job as Legal Assistant at Wells Fargo. Had plenty of reasons for that. One of them was that the boss was a [EXPLETIVES DELETED! OMG! TONY! LANGUAGE!!!]. She was more of a slave driver than a boss. And her language was no better than mine...in the office too! The main reason however was the fact that I wanted to do something that would actually benefit ME at some point. Which is why I took a job as the Legal Officer at the Gay and Lesbian Coalition of Kenya. Want to see what we do you can check here. This was the height of giving myself (at least I'd like to believe that). Kenya, progressive as it may be, is a very homophobic country. Homosexuality is punishable by up to 14 years in prison (like that would make a difference anyway...all the soaps that could be dropped!). So if I could make a difference...and I intend to work my behind off (pun totally intended) to do so...then I will be a happy man! More details on this later.

Why is it that all the "good" ones are either taken, straight, not interested or just plain a[LANGUAGE!!!!]? Story of my life! Again more on this later.

It's good to be back! I do miss the MW family and I do think of all of you quite often!

T
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

What a good, substantial post this is, Tony. It is great to have you back, interacting here as you can.
    I am pleased that this past year of transition has put you on a path comfortable for and desirable for you.
    And kudos for choosing a path that will allow you to assist others.
    Well, that's just fantastic ... following your heart and pushing the limits!! You're following your true path in Life .... good for you sweetheart!! I'm sad to hear of your best friend's condition, though happy to hear he's doing better.

It's good to have you back!!
    Hey Tony! Thanks for sharing, it's really cool to hear what's been going on for you. Sounds like a rollercoaster year and in spite of the challenges and hardship, you've totally made some wonderful decisions. It takes courage walking away from a job like that, but the risks are obviously so worth it! So glad that you now have something where you can make a positive difference. I saw a documentary about homophobia in Uganda a few months ago and I was absolutely horrified and shocked (in fact, I stopped watching it halfway through it was that bad). I hope it's not quite as bad with you, but I imagine it probably isn't much better. Standing up for gay rights in such a deeply homophobic place takes enormous courage and is so very important. I'm v proud of you, you're a true inspiration! I look forward to hearing how things go for you in your new job and will be thinking of you. Don't be a stranger round these parts
    Well done Tony and happy you are following your path honey. Being your true Self. Much love