View RSS Feed

The way home

Running to stand still

Rate this Entry
by , March 8th, 2011 at 12:23 PM (457 Views)
this line out of my favourite U2 songs ..always comes to me ..almost out of the air . if i sit still and really take the concept in ..deeply ..all the hustle the bustle ..the fast thoughts ..the race to do everything ever ! twirling faster ..around and around like a tornado of lifes experiences ..until .......................... it stops ...... leaving devastation but the most eerily calm .. we are running only to stand still ....and really have value on what is important .. simply.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I completely understand the concept and your presentation of it. For a good number of years, I was an avid (?) participant in the twirling whirlwind. I still am (to some degree), but I have taken steps to slow down significantly, simplifying my life where and how I can---and making a concerted effort not to overextend myself, even when others wish that I do. I have not achieved the perfect calm (yet), but I prefer the path that I travel now.
    i too am enjoying the path im on ..but have so much to work on especially being of more service selflessly .. its literally floating above me all the options so im in the creative stages of this truth currently .. just pre leap of faith always creates my usual anxieties and fears ..of course once its done ..its like phew ... xxx love to u anjou