View RSS Feed

The way home

Worzel Gumage and the planet of the apes

Rate this Entry
by , November 17th, 2010 at 01:00 PM (7685 Views)
on late shift tonite at work we ended up all reminiscing about old t.v shows we remember .. i remember worzel gumage and the original planet of the apes movie , i remember watching worzel and thinking that is the oddest scarecrow ive ever seen .. he' so weird and so misunderstood. and i was always scared of the apes in planet of the apes ..that concept scared me deeply ..although i would watch it as a child i would through splayed fingers ( im sure we all did this ..so funny that i thought in doing so it lessened the impact of the imagary) but it inspired imagination ..creation of "out of the norm " thinking ..fantasy ..and that it isnt it it is one key to our souls ..living with absolute expression .. even if it is being enthralled in a story of imagination ...it carries us momentarily away ...
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was unfamiliar with Worzel, so I just investigated his image on-line. Borderline weird, indeed. The "misunderstood" aspect of him piques my curiosity, so I may need to investigate deeper than his appearance. The original Planet of the Apes movie is very familiar to me, though. It remains a favourite of mine. Ah! The imagination! I cherish mine and adore it in others.
    Worzel gumage well the man who plays him (cant think of his name right now ) is actually aslo the 1st Doctor who ever . and i agree with planet of the apes being familiar also .. in the movie i always felt sorry for the scientist woman ape .my fear is so much so that i cant re watch it ..it makes me sad somehow..weird isnt it...