View RSS Feed

BlueStar

1. I have a new blog

Hope you like it! A compilation of 4 years worth of writings, plus new stuff!

www.beyondthedream.co.uk

ENJOY!
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Life Strips Us down

On a couple of occasions I’ve seen the Dalai Lama quoted as saying that the purpose of life is to be happy. On the surface this seems like a somewhat superficial statement, but of course there’s a lot more to it than that. I’m sure if he was to elaborate on that, he might explain that in order to achieve any stable and lasting sense of happiness, we must first transcend the ordinary state of human consciousness, which keeps us locked in perpetual bondage.

The predominant state ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Useless Tree

From Chuang Tzu - The Inner Chapters, the Classic Taoist Text translated by Solala Towler. Not sure why this struck me so much but it did. I guess I'm a useless tree myself!

“Once a master carpenter named Shih was travelling with his apprentice on his way to the state of Chi. When they arrived in Chu Yuan village they passed a huge old oak tree sheltering the village shrine. It was huge, large enough to fit several thousand oxen under its branches. It was 100 spans and towered over ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Surrendering to Life

The word 'surrender' has bad connotations in our culture. It's equated with defeat, weakness and failure. So much so that we probably need a whole other word for 'surrender' as it's meant in the context of spirituality. This form of surrender has nothing to do with defeat and failure and is actually more synonymous with strength than weakness. It takes a lot of strength and wisdom to know when and how to surrender to life.

Eckhart Tolle defined this form of surrender as simply "yielding ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. What do we do (or not do) when the world is going crazy?

A little essay from my blog. My views are alternative to many, I hope they won't be misunderstood. I feel this is an important realisation for myself at least.

These are without doubt turbulent and deeply uncertain times.

Just days ago Japan was hit by one of the biggest earthquakes and tsunamis in recorded history, leaving the world in a state of shock. The devastation sadly continues as I write this. This is not an isolated blip either: in the past few ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast